PDA

View Full Version : Let's get a Ron Paul for president diary onto the front page of Redstate.com

erowe1
05-13-2011, 08:09 AM
In 2008 Red State banned all Ron Paul supporters. But they've since loosened up on that. I don't know if they'll do it again this year. But right now we have a window of opportunity to try to win some of that audience over with a polite and articulate appeal to support Ron Paul as the most conservative candidate in the race. Now that he's announced it's an ideal time to post that.

If one of us posts a quality article (diary as they call it), and enough people recommend it, it will automatically get put on the front page.

Sign up for an account and you too can engage in the comments and post your own user diaries. The best stuff gets voted on by the community and the best of the best gets put on the front page for the world to see.
http://www.redstate.com/about/

Once you submit something, it can't be edited. So it might be a good idea to brainstorm here first and make sure it's proofread before posting it there.

erowe1
05-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Right now it looks like the top recommended diary is recommended by 20 people. So we would need more than that to get one over it. Do we have that many Red State members here?

Agorism
05-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I've been banned from that site multiple times. It's not even worthwhile posting there.

erowe1
05-13-2011, 08:40 AM
I've been banned from that site multiple times. It's not even worthwhile posting there.

If we have enough people to recommend a diary to get it on the front page, I think it would be worth it. But if we don't, then it's probably not worth the time to write one.

sailingaway
05-13-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm a member but let's not abuse this. I want to make sure we save it for things important to us. I wasn't here for the last campaign, but either we, or trolls pretending to be supporters DO make ourselves obnoxious by taking sites over sometimes. I'm remembering clearly how I felt when Gary's supporters were trying to make this site a tool for his campaign. I never wanted to hear of them or Gary again.

Let's not do that to Ron.

But I agree this is a good idea, if we are judicious about it.

erowe1
05-13-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm a member but let's not abuse this. I want to make sure we save it for things important to us. I wasn't here for the last campaign, but either we, or trolls pretending to be supporters DO make ourselves obnoxious by taking sites over sometimes. I'm remembering clearly how I felt when Gary's supporters were trying to make this site a tool for his campaign. I never wanted to hear of them or Gary again.

Let's not do that to Ron.

But I agree this is a good idea, if we are judicious about it.

I agree. It would have to be written for that audience. And even then it would invite tons of rude comments in reply from Ron Paul haters there. Our comments replying to those (or our silence), will have to be written politely as well. If you don't get banned just for supporting Ron Paul, you'll still put yourself in a position where they'll be looking for an excuse to ban you for the slightest breach of etiquette.