PDA

View Full Version : Avaroth - THE CAMPAIGN NEEDS YOU MAN!!!!

V4Vendetta
10-27-2007, 01:18 PM
That new add for New Hampshire - WAS AWFUL!!!

Ron Paul looked great at the beginning - but everything else was HORRIBLE!!

Especially when they say "I don't agree with him on everything." Thats a real great way to show support, isn't it?

Avaroth - Ron Paul needs you man!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

I know the people in the Commercial weren't actors, but damn, that was some CHEESY STUFF!! I still fell like I was violated!

The Girl walking with the Book, by herself, she the only one that did good.

ronpaulfan
10-27-2007, 01:19 PM
I agree! Help save the TV ad! Is it too late?!?

Drknows
10-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah someone at HQ needs Avaroth.

CurtisLow
10-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Right on! Do it to it!

leipo
10-27-2007, 01:22 PM
yes, even if only for advise purposes.

lucius
10-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Remember, he just had a child...

literatim
10-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I have yet to see Avaroth make a 30 second tv ad, so exactly why do you have confidence that he can?

margomaps
10-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Remember, he just had a child...

Man, I'm sick of these lame excuses we have for not getting up off our butts and supporting Ron more.

j/k :D

OptionsTrader
10-27-2007, 01:26 PM
That new add for New Hampshire - WAS AWFUL!!!

Ron Paul looked great at the beginning - but everything else was HORRIBLE!!

Avaroth - Ron Paul needs you man!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

Scrolling text and clips from debates isn't going to work on 60 year old Jane Q soap opera watcher.

me3
This should be PM'd.

maiki
I actually really like the ad. I think it expresses what is important to people (healthcare, the war, civil liberties) and shows popular support.

maiki
10-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Scrolling text and clips from debates isn't going to work on 60 year old Jane Q soap opera watcher.

exactly. I think the youtube videos work great with a young, internet-savvy audience, but less with a more conventional audience.

NewEnd
10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I have yet to see Avaroth make a 30 second tv ad, so exactly why do you have confidence that he can?

Whats more, his ad resonated well with the internet public....

..using a very popular, copyrighted song, same with "A New Hope"

Now, take away his power to use a song of substance

cut his time to 27 seconds (3 for I'm ron paul, and I approve this message")

and

get name recognition and a quick rundown on the issues

and

appeal to a middle aged tv head, not an internet hip 25 year old.

I am not saying Avaroth cant do it, I am saying the tv ad in New Hampshire is not bad at all.

OptionsTrader
10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
I've showed this video to 4 non-internet average Joe people, and so far they all said they would like it if it airred on television.

So, instead of getting all upset, realize the demographic of the target audience.

Neo can't tell them their whole reality is a sham all at once.

Ron Paul Fan
10-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Avaroth's movies are great on youtube for the youtube crowd. Could he make an effective commercial? Maybe! But you guys are fools if you think Ron Paul didn't consult with someone with a little more experience than Avaroth in making commercials and the people that it's suppose to appeal to- older New Hampshire Republicans/Independents.

Jimmy
10-27-2007, 01:31 PM
MUCH stronger content for sure. They need some help desperately

Johnnybags
10-27-2007, 01:33 PM
We have enormous amounts of footage from Rons freedom speeches for the young crowd. All you need to do is state his positions, roll some footage and then find the older crowd,vets in hats, military guys etc. to finish the ad off. We need to bridge the gap from the young energetic to veterans to minorities to the blue haired crowd. Its simple. This ad is not good whatsoever, and the campaign wonders why people do chipins for ads? And where the heck is that full page founding fathers ad? Anyone.

synthetic
10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't think emotionally charged 30 second videos of the youtube type are going to win over the people of New Hampshire. They don't know he exists at this point. The first step is name recognition through repetition. Don McLean playing in the background works wonders on youtube but the target here isn't the internet. Ron already owns that. Television is another demographic altogeher. This new ad represents the first step.

literatim
10-27-2007, 01:36 PM
I've showed this video to 4 non-internet average Joe people, and so far they all said they would like it if it airred on television.

So, instead of getting all upset, realize the demographic of the target audience.

Neo can't tell them their whole reality is a sham all at once.

The reaction from average Joes and Janes seems to be positive.

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Then why don't we raise enough money to buy enough air time to show it in 10 minutes?

literatim
10-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Then why don't we raise enough money to buy enough air time to show it in 10 minutes?

We call that an infomercial.

ronpaulfan
10-27-2007, 01:44 PM
HOW THE AD SHOULD BE:

Get 12 Ron Paul supporters to say this in sequence:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

Why not that?!?! *frustration overload*

SAVEamerica
10-27-2007, 02:09 PM
It has a very good message that will resonate with a majority of people.

The only problem I see is that one or two of the actors looked very nervous. It's not the end of the world...

Bluedevil
10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
I would show this video starting at 2:28. Then say "Live Free or Die" "Vote Ron Paul 2008".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hCKZmkF0VU

Jimmy
10-27-2007, 02:20 PM
The only problem I see is that one or two of the actors looked very nervous. It's not the end of the world...

I agree not the end of the world...but paying this much money and for something this important should be taken very seriously...means alot to the campaign. I would think with all the creativity we see all over the net that is a part of this revoution for Ron Paul something much better could be produced and even already exists. I mean a simple contest on these very forums (with set guildlines) would in ALL likelyhood produce something that would BLOW this out of the water and perhaps become some thing all Ron Paul supporters could be VERY proud of with no trouble...in very little time...at no cost to the campaign....JMO.

ItsTime
10-27-2007, 02:21 PM
to jimmy: News flash 1 million dollars is not a lot of money and this is not the only ad they will run with that money

Thomas_Paine
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't think emotionally charged 30 second videos of the youtube type are going to win over the people of New Hampshire. They don't know he exists at this point. The first step is name recognition through repetition. Don McLean playing in the background works wonders on youtube but the target here isn't the internet. Ron already owns that. Television is another demographic altogeher. This new ad represents the first step.

I respectfully disagree. Name recognition is the duty of volunteers, message is the duty of the campaign and volunteers. I can see someone learning about Ron's message after this ad and thinking, "he's a heck of a lot better than that phony ad"

Jimmy
10-27-2007, 02:23 PM
to jimmy: News flash 1 million dollars is not a lot of money and this is not the only ad they will run with that money

Sorry just an opinion Sir..I'll try to stay quiet and not offer any further opinions.

V4Vendetta
10-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Sorry just an opinion Sir..I'll try to stay quiet and not offer any further opinions.

Jimmy, your opinions are always welcome!

Delivered4000
10-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Agree, the new hampshire live free or die was a good touch though

NewEnd
10-27-2007, 02:43 PM
We have enormous amounts of footage from Rons freedom speeches for the young crowd. All you need to do is state his positions, roll some footage and then find the older crowd,vets in hats, military guys etc. to finish the ad off. We need to bridge the gap from the young energetic to veterans to minorities to the blue haired crowd. Its simple. This ad is not good whatsoever, and the campaign wonders why people do chipins for ads? And where the heck is that full page founding fathers ad? Anyone.

Alot of older people are scared of, or even hate, young energetic crowds.

Look into what hapened to the Dean campaign in Iowa.

Ozwest
10-27-2007, 03:04 PM
This ad demeans Ron Paul as a Statesman, and insults the intelligence of New Hampshire voters. It is scripted wrongly and looks amateurish... If aired, it will dissapoint a lot of his grassroots supporters, as illustrated by the hundreds of posts on this forum... It is nonsensical to waste further monies on this particular ad by purchasing expensive air time. Remove this ad, and start afresh. If he wants to appeal to the seniors with a conservative, non-inflammatory ad, by all means do so, just show some creativity and professionalism the second time round.

Drknows
10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
test

Nefertiti
10-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Read what Aravoth says in response to all of your criticism here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=29254&page=24

Ozwest
10-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Read what Aravoth says in response to all of your criticism here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=29254&page=24

His response was about contacting HQ, burying it on You Tube and stopping donations. All of which I agree with. I saw no reference to stifling commentary about the ad on this forum.

Nefertiti
10-27-2007, 04:59 PM
His response was about contacting HQ, burying it on You Tube and stopping donations. All of which I agree with.

All of which has been advocated by posters here as well....

ronpaulyourmom
10-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I would show this video starting at 2:28. Then say "Live Free or Die" "Vote Ron Paul 2008".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hCKZmkF0VU

That... would be amazing. That video is great overall, it should be the basis for just about everything this campaign does when reaching out to people.

Start at about 2:31 though, that would play very well in NH.

anotherone
10-27-2007, 05:05 PM
I think the ad wears well. On first viewing it seems a little campy, but I think it'll stand out as something different to people who are being inundated with political ads.

It's a good ad to have the arsenal, but needs to be supplemented with some ads that feature more of Ron.

V4Vendetta
10-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Avaroth is right....

This video is terrible.... But that doesn't mean to stop donating, I mean Come on....

me3
10-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Avaroth is right....

This video is terrible.... But that doesn't mean to stop donating, I mean Come on....
You need to think about that stuff before you start a new thread and yell fire in a crowded theater.

Magsec
10-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Aravoth has done his part. Maybe someone else can take up the torch, or at the least use some of his material.

slantedview
10-27-2007, 06:00 PM
If you guys want him to do an ad, start by spelling his name right :)

Aravoth