PDA

View Full Version : FreedomWorks "closely eyeing Paul"

AuH2O
05-13-2011, 06:41 AM
“Though not yet committed to endorsing a candidate, FreedomWorks—a powerful tea party PAC led by former House Majority Leader Dick Armey—is closely eyeing Paul, according to Brendan Steinhauser, the group’s director of federal and state campaigns.

“He was actually the first chair of Citizens for a Sound Economy, which is what we previously were, in 1984,” Steinhauser said. “So we’re glad he’s in. He’s been right all along about a lot of things that have happened with the economic crisis. He was talking about how the Federal Reserve was manipulating currency, and how we’re going to have an economic bust, years before anyone else.”

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/is-2012-ron-paul-s-time-to-shine--20110513

Churchill2004
05-13-2011, 06:46 AM
*That* could be big. Doesn't surprise me Armey leans our way- he's very libertarian in focus and priorities if not per se overall ideologically (though who knows what he might really believe)- but it does surprise me that he and FreedomWorks are this friendly to Ron. I also didn't know RP helped start their predecessor organization.

Slutter McGee
05-13-2011, 07:28 AM
This would be absolutely huge. Hopefully Bachman will stay out of the race. They might lean towards her as well.

Slutter McGee

LatinsforPaul
05-13-2011, 07:44 AM
This would be big! I hope soon after we get a DeMint, Bachman, and then Palin endorsement that would put the good Dr. over the hump into the GOP Presidential Nominee. :D

cdc482
05-13-2011, 08:00 AM
!!!

erowe1
05-13-2011, 08:01 AM
*That* could be big. Doesn't surprise me Armey leans our way- he's very libertarian in focus and priorities if not per se overall ideologically (though who knows what he might really believe)- but it does surprise me that he and FreedomWorks are this friendly to Ron. I also didn't know RP helped start their predecessor organization.

His endorsement of Hostettler's book on the Iraq war is pretty good stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Nation-Who-What-Iraq/dp/0980058805

Chester Copperpot
05-13-2011, 08:08 AM
any tea party group who endorses Ron Paul will have my seal of approval... otherwise theyll be tea-o-cons in my book.

eduardo89
05-13-2011, 09:02 AM
As Trump would say "This would be HUGE".

Don't see it happening though unless Palin and Bachmann stay out though.

Eric21ND
05-13-2011, 12:25 PM
This would be big! I hope soon after we get a DeMint, Bachman, and then Palin endorsement that would put the good Dr. over the hump into the GOP Presidential Nominee. :D
Once one big name jumps the shark, other will all come over. Nobody wants to be the first Wilderbeast in the river.

malkusm
05-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Once one big name jumps the shark, other will all come over. Nobody wants to be the first Wilderbeast in the river.

Which is why it's good that we have a Senator Paul now...

ItsTime
05-13-2011, 12:35 PM
That could be big. Anyone part of their facebook group? Ive seen some ads on facebook for freedomworks with Ron Pauls image on them.

sailingaway
05-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I think they'll wait to see he is competitive, after which point everyone will be falling in line, but we'll see.

sailingaway
05-13-2011, 12:38 PM
any tea party group who endorses Ron Paul will have my seal of approval... otherwise theyll be tea-o-cons in my book.

If any does, it will be this one. Tea Party Patriots is a lobbyist group, they'll stay neutral officially but pull for quacks as likely as not, and some others are teo o cons. But Freedomworks might stay neutral as well, was my thought, so as not to alienate some.

ItsTime
05-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I think they'll wait to see he is competitive, after which point everyone will be falling in line, but we'll see.

Look at the recent polls. Paul is gaining in every state and those were taken after UBL assignation and before he announced. We are looking good.

sailingaway
05-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Look at the recent polls. Paul is gaining in every state and those were taken after UBL assignation and before he announced. We are looking good.

I didn't say they wouldn't and I didn't say we weren't. I just don't know if we can count on them helping us GET to be clearly competitive rather than come in after it happens.

ItsTime
05-13-2011, 12:56 PM
I didn't say they wouldn't and I didn't say we weren't. I just don't know if we can count on them helping us GET to be clearly competitive rather than come in after it happens.

I wasnt disagreeing just saying. :D I agree with you, they are going to wait to do anything.

KramerDSP
05-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Dick Armey in 2010: "Ron Paul is the most successful libertarian in history".

nocompromises
05-13-2011, 03:03 PM
If the noobie Tea Party members, (those that joined after the 2008 Ron Paul campaign) could just realize everyone has the right to put whatever they want into their own body, that we have no right to police the world, and we have no business enforcing our personal morals on others they would come over to our side.

Sola_Fide
05-13-2011, 03:10 PM
This is HUGE HUGE HUGE if it happens. Many smaller Tea Parties take their lead from FreedomWorks.

anaconda
05-13-2011, 03:39 PM

"Tea Party Nation" leader hates Ron Paul:

http://www.uncoveredpolitics.com/2011/05/ron-paul-condemns-cia-raid-in-pakistan-says-he-would-have-ordered-bin-laden%E2%80%99s-capture/

angelatc
05-13-2011, 03:52 PM
"Tea Party Nation" leader hates Ron Paul:

http://www.uncoveredpolitics.com/2011/05/ron-paul-condemns-cia-raid-in-pakistan-says-he-would-have-ordered-bin-laden%E2%80%99s-capture/

That's because he's not really true to the TEA Party agenda. He coopted the name, and created a paying position for himself. Wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross, as they say.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Why are they "eying" him? No other candidate has better credentials than Ron Paul, and he has spoken at their events. It's baffling that this is even something they have to think about.

SimpleName
05-13-2011, 05:42 PM
PLEASE let this happen. What a big step it would be.

Jeremy Tyler
05-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah really hope this happens

Chieppa1
05-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I follow a girl on Twitter that writes for FreedomWorks. She's a Paul girl.

ssantoro
05-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm a member. The majority already are RP Supporters we could eventually just take it over.

angelatc
05-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I follow a girl on Twitter that writes for FreedomWorks. She's a Paul girl.

@JulieBorowski ? Me too!

AuH2O
05-16-2011, 11:40 AM
There are 656 results when search "Ron Paul" on their site FreedomConnector.

http://connect.freedomworks.org/search?search=ron+paul

libertybrewcity
05-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Send them a nice message if you have a chance. It probably wouldn't hurt to sign up either. Armey came to my school for a tea party panel and I asked him about corporations and the corruption of both parties. He is definitely either a libertarian or very independent minded or both.

http://www.freedomworks.org/contact