PDA

View Full Version : Bombers take bin Laden revenge in Pakistan

123tim
05-13-2011, 06:21 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110513/wl_nm/us_binladen

CHARSADDA, Pakistan (Reuters) – Suicide bombers attacked a Pakistani paramilitary academy on Friday, killing 80 people in revenge for the death of Osama bin Laden as Pakistani anger over the U.S. raid to get the al Qaeda leader showed no sign of cooling.

U.S. special forces flew in from Afghanistan to find and kill bin Laden at his hideout in a northern Pakistani town on May 2.

Pakistan welcomed the killing of bin Laden as a major step against militancy but was outraged by the secret U.S. raid that got him, saying it was a violation of its sovereignty.

On the other hand, the discovery of bin Laden living in the town of Abbottabad, near the country's top military academy, has deepened suspicion in the United States that Pakistani security forces knew where he was hiding.

Bin Laden's followers have vowed revenge for his death and the Pakistani Taliban said the Friday attack by two suicide bombers on a paramilitary academy in the northwestern town of Charsadda was their first taste of vengeance.

TheDriver
05-13-2011, 06:25 AM
I don't buy "the Taliban" avenged bin Laden's death.

Wasn't bin Laden with al-Quaeda? I assume if you are Pashtun and don't support the American-backed government in Pak and Afgh, then you're Taliban. If you're not Pashtun, you're al-Quaeda.

"You either with us or against us."

aGameOfThrones
05-13-2011, 06:35 AM
But Obama hasn't release the photos of osama's murder, so how can it incite violence?

oyarde
05-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Can someone explain the thinking behind this to me please ?

ExPatPaki
05-13-2011, 11:02 AM
I don't buy "the Taliban" avenged bin Laden's death.

This is the Pakistani Taliban, which many Pakistani generals and intelligence officials claim to have been a creation of the CIA.

ds21089
05-13-2011, 11:14 AM
On the other hand, the discovery of bin Laden living in the town of Abbottabad, near the country's top military academy, has deepened suspicion in the United States that Pakistani security forces knew where he was hiding.

So from what I've gathered from this, we threatened Pakistan to keep Osama protected via their military (why else would he be in an area with the most security forces? Nobody trying to hide would ever do such a thing) Now since the war is growing very unfavorable and Obama is losing support, they need an "encouraging" story to make us want to stay in the wars. Killing Osama was just what they needed to boost Obama's ratings and give Americans a sense of victory.

However, it's still a huge message that everyone wants out of the wars, which is a good thing, but be prepared. Based on logical thinking of "ok, Osama's death wasn't enough to get support on the war..what can we do next?" it makes you fear that we're about to have another 9/11 incident.. Just as Alex Jones said, I too believe that this is just the think they need. You might argue that it would be hard to pull off, especially after the growing support of 9/11 being an inside job, but just think about it. 9/11 was out of nowhere and we were never told we had people hating us.

Now we have the MSM pushing it on us that Pakistan is becoming infuriated with us. Also, they are pushing how Pakistan is being bombed because of our actions with Osama, which makes it all too obvious that they will be the scapegoats of the next attack. I really hope this wont happen, but as much as I don't want it to, I feel it will.

doodle
05-13-2011, 11:32 AM
How do we know it was "Taliban" ?

It is pretty amazing that all MSM reports are reporting this sameway as if they have a direct line into Taliban headquarters.

Edited to add:

By the same token, people critical of MSM reporting should be equally critical of opposite theories going around that claim these "talibans" wanted to send a message and punish local military for letting OBL take residence on their land and for outing CIA station chief by some rogue elements there. Those theories are also based on speculation and do not present any proof.

oyarde
05-13-2011, 11:35 AM

It is pretty amazing that all MSM reports are reporting this sameway as if they have a direct line into Taliban headquarters.

Yes , there is no one voice that speaks for taliban.

ds21089
05-13-2011, 11:44 AM

see my above post as to why..it's all a stage act to make us cautious against Pakistan that way when they do another inside job, of course we'll all know it was Pakistan!

Kylie
05-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Then you get to "We've always been at war with Pakistan" stage.

I am beginning to believe all this shit is like one big game of risk to them. And our military is nothing but pawns. If Ron got in and found out that all these attacks have been started by the work the CIA has done in the past, do you think he'd live long enough to get it out to the public?

Pericles
05-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Not sure it can be explained other than if you are going to set off some bombs anyway, any excuse will do.

I don't get the logic of Country A kills a citizen of Country B in the territory of Country C, so residents of Country C attack the government of Country C for letting it happen.

aGameOfThrones
05-13-2011, 12:37 PM

Maybe they are one of the 900 or so tweeter followers on the talibans tweeter account?

Kelly.
05-13-2011, 01:57 PM
here is some more info on the pakistan taliban:
http://www.vbs.tv/watch/vbs-news/vbs-news-presents-taliban-in-pakistan-full-length

JCLibertarian
05-17-2011, 04:50 PM
This is the Pakistani Taliban, which many Pakistani generals and intelligence officials claim to have been a creation of the CIA.

I know that that is just hearsay, but I think this link provides validity to that claim. CIA Agent Raymond Davis had several contacts in the Pakistani Taliban on his personal cell phone. Now, I suppose he could have been doing deep cover work for the CIA as an infiltrator, but I am sure the CIA has a roster of Pakistani/Arab/Indian guys fluent in Urdu and Arab who would be much more convincing candidates for such a job.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/ray-davis-shooting-pakistan/story?id=12869411

Whether they are a creation of the CIA or not, they are a destabilizing force that undermines the Pakistani government and provides legitimacy to US intervention.