PDA

View Full Version : NEW VIDEO: Ron Paul - 2012 - Lesser of Two Evils

Matthew Zak
05-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I tried to make this the most epic one yet. I think you'll like the beginning arrangement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B45aTPOevQ

Matthew Zak
05-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Oops. I just realized I don't know the difference between millions and billions.

I'll re-upload it tonight... in the mean time though, what do you think?

low preference guy
05-12-2011, 11:08 PM
i like it

civusamericanus
05-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Nice video, for people who already support Ron Paul! But it may be too long for the average non-ron paul supporter.

The last part where Adam Kokesh gives a 3:30 "Ron Paul History", is a good one to share with the average GOP voter. Anything beyond 5mins will lose most people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lEbQ54MO04

Matthew Zak
05-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I was worried about that.

t0rnado
05-13-2011, 12:17 AM
1,000,000,000?

Romulus
05-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Outstanding! I would change the title though to something else maybe?

civusamericanus
05-13-2011, 03:23 PM
I was worried about that.
Don't get me wrong, it's a nice video compilation, I couldn't do as good. We need to get as many Pro-Ron Paul video's out there as possible. Considering Ron Paul had 800,000+ in Feb on Youtube in Feb, and now only has 20,400!

nobody's_hero
05-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I love it, merged wonderfully.

Yeah, change the title, it sounds like Ron is the 'lesser of two evils'.

Matthew Zak
05-13-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm open for title suggestions. I thought I was being clever... figured I'd draw in people who are still apathetic enough to look for the lesser of two evils and then by the end of the video I was hoping they'd see that Ron Paul is the only obvious choice. That was the plan but perhaps I didn't construct it well enough for that. What would be a more appropriate title?

Also rather than re-upload a video to fix the millions/billions error, I just added a couple annotations. Good enough.

Matthew Zak
05-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Anyone have a better title idea?

Somehow this video has gained more views and more votes than my other videos and its only been up for two days!

doodle
05-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Great vid.

Matthew Zak
05-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Great vid.

Thank you!

Still awaiting better suggestions for the title...

PermanentSleep
05-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Great video!!!

On the issue of the title: For people that post Paul videos constantly on facebook (I am one of them) it seems like the people who don't like him already and/or get tired of seeing videos about Ron Paul being posted, would it be better to use clever titles that would draw people in while leaving Ron's name out of the title to get those people to actually watch it instead of writing it off immediately after reading the title? Like, why not just call it "You Don't Have to Choose A Lesser Of Two Evils", because everything thinks they do and most would be interested in why they actually don't have to, since we've been taught we do since birth. I dunno, just a thought. I feel like we're preaching to the choir by having Ron's name in every video we make.

PermanentSleep
05-14-2011, 04:28 PM
I tried to make this the most epic one yet. I think you'll like the beginning arrangement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B45aTPOevQ

+rep

Acton
05-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi, I love the video, but it needs some touching up to be perfect, although it's got so much great things going for it.

Recommended Changes:

New Title Name
A Choice for the Future or
Character & Courage or
A Vote for the Best or...something better. I can't think of any great alternatives, but the title should be changed.

Other Recommended Changes
Every perfect video has constantly moving video, never any pictures
They bore people, they don't want to read anything, etc. etc. Keep in mind that we have to try and convince people who think voting is a quadrennial paycheck. In other words, we've got to advertise better than BP during the oil-spill fiasco, because we're probably not going to win another revolutionary war anytime soon.

More focus on a topic
Your video was so great in the beginning about being anti-war, then it transitioned into a general view of an alternative candidate. I think you should have stuck to how Ron Paul is anti-war, and left that as the message. I don't think a general view of Ron Paul is relevant, especially considering the length of the video.

Cut the Length
The Kokesh plug is a great clip but could safely be replaced by a bunch of news media commentary on why Ron Paul is good. This 1) gives RP legitimacy from the media and 2) coincides with the editing style of the beginning presidential clips.

Also, I think Paul's excellent explanation of the 20 Years War is too long and intricate to have broad swaying power. Cutting it up or using a different clip are alternatives, especially because RP has so many great anti-war moments.

An Idea for the Ending
I loved how you began the video, and I thought you would end in the same way. I was thinking some interconnected clips of those presidents announcing their run for presidency, to remind us that people were actually excited about these guys and then voted for them. This would hopefully curb people's excitement for typical politician candidates now, and it could be finished with an uncut view of RP announcing his candidacy or just a good speech. A different option would be to use similar material as the beginning. Showing the RP sign at the end is definitely a good move, IMHO.

What's Great About This Video
Music is killer. A little unsure if it's too dramatic, but I love that kind of stuff and it really pumps me up. The violin effect at the end was a little unsmooth transition-wise, but also good and exactly the right idea.

The beginning is amazing. Professional and powerful editing.

Nice use of the military contributions pie chart and the numbers on the screen looked good also, but could be taken to a more professional level in an ideal world.

The content is great. You chose specifically good material to use, and though I don't think it fits perfectly together, it shows a lot of intelligence none-the-less.

The message is of the utmost importance. Letting people know how terrible it is to vote for the lesser of two evils is crucial to getting a country with less swindlers and more heroes.

Best of luck, please keep showing us updated on your great work, and I'm glad we have people like you vying for liberty out there.

Matthew Zak
05-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi, I love the video, but it needs some touching up to be perfect, although it's got so much great things going for it.

Recommended Changes:

New Title Name
A Choice for the Future or
Character & Courage or
A Vote for the Best or...something better. I can't think of any great alternatives, but the title should be changed.

Other Recommended Changes
Every perfect video has constantly moving video, never any pictures
They bore people, they don't want to read anything, etc. etc. Keep in mind that we have to try and convince people who think voting is a quadrennial paycheck. In other words, we've got to advertise better than BP during the oil-spill fiasco, because we're probably not going to win another revolutionary war anytime soon.

More focus on a topic
Your video was so great in the beginning about being anti-war, then it transitioned into a general view of an alternative candidate. I think you should have stuck to how Ron Paul is anti-war, and left that as the message. I don't think a general view of Ron Paul is relevant, especially considering the length of the video.

Cut the Length
The Kokesh plug is a great clip but could safely be replaced by a bunch of news media commentary on why Ron Paul is good. This 1) gives RP legitimacy from the media and 2) coincides with the editing style of the beginning presidential clips.

Also, I think Paul's excellent explanation of the 20 Years War is too long and intricate to have broad swaying power. Cutting it up or using a different clip are alternatives, especially because RP has so many great anti-war moments.

An Idea for the Ending
I loved how you began the video, and I thought you would end in the same way. I was thinking some interconnected clips of those presidents announcing their run for presidency, to remind us that people were actually excited about these guys and then voted for them. This would hopefully curb people's excitement for typical politician candidates now, and it could be finished with an uncut view of RP announcing his candidacy or just a good speech. A different option would be to use similar material as the beginning. Showing the RP sign at the end is definitely a good move, IMHO.

What's Great About This Video
Music is killer. A little unsure if it's too dramatic, but I love that kind of stuff and it really pumps me up. The violin effect at the end was a little unsmooth transition-wise, but also good and exactly the right idea.

The beginning is amazing. Professional and powerful editing.

Nice use of the military contributions pie chart and the numbers on the screen looked good also, but could be taken to a more professional level in an ideal world.

The content is great. You chose specifically good material to use, and though I don't think it fits perfectly together, it shows a lot of intelligence none-the-less.

The message is of the utmost importance. Letting people know how terrible it is to vote for the lesser of two evils is crucial to getting a country with less swindlers and more heroes.

Best of luck, please keep showing us updated on your great work, and I'm glad we have people like you vying for liberty out there.

Wow thank you for the great critique! I will take everything you said under consideration and edit the video soon. :)

TNforPaul45
05-15-2011, 12:00 PM
He is not the lesser of two evils. He is the alternative choice to evil.

Romulus
05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Howabout

Ron Paul: The Anti-Evil

Matthew Zak
05-17-2011, 04:44 AM
I cut the length, retitled it, added some more video footage and added moving effects to the images to keep in running smoother. Still needs some work. I still think it's kind of long but I would like to add something to the end, perhaps all of them saying "god bless america" as they all do at the end of the speech, followed by one good statement from Ron... I don't know.

Anyway, is this an improvement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RmOrwZHmlY

speciallyblend
05-17-2011, 08:22 AM
I cut the length, retitled it, added some more video footage and added moving effects to the images to keep in running smoother. Still needs some work. I still think it's kind of long but I would like to add something to the end, perhaps all of them saying "god bless america" as they all do at the end of the speech, followed by one good statement from Ron... I don't know.

Anyway, is this an improvement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RmOrwZHmlY

just posted this on my facebook , thanks

Romulus
05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
I like the new title..

we need to position RP as a President in peoples minds.

Matthew Zak
05-17-2011, 05:06 PM
just posted this on my facebook , thanks

You're welcome, glad you like it! :)

I want to perfect this thing.