PDA

View Full Version : An incoming college student looking for help with volunteering for Ron Paul?

Patriot123
05-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Okay, so I've been an active Ron Paul supporter since I was, like, what -- 14? And I also realize that this is potentially the last time Ron Paul will be throwing his hat in the ring for president. I leave for college in late August as a freshman, and I wanted to volunteer for Ron Paul's campaign before then, or some time during my breaks. I don't want to volunteer just in my local area -- I want to actually travel out and volunteer at an office, somewhere. I live in New Jersey -- I really wouldn't mind traveling down to Iowa, or South Carolina and helping out. In fact, that's what I actually want to do. Problem is that I don't know if that's even possible, if there are any internship/volunteer positions that RP's campaign will offer... does anyone have any tips on how to potentially get involved?

libertybrewcity
05-12-2011, 05:30 PM
That sounds great that you want to volunteer! But, the campaign is just kind of ramping up its operations. He has really announced he is running yet so volunteers aren't really needed. I have a feeling in the next few weeks his website will offer more information. Be persistent about volunteering. Sometimes campaigns don't get back to prospective volunteers right away. If you are going to college where you live you might want to get involved in your local party. If you are going to college in one the early states you could move there early and get a headstart too.

sailingaway
05-12-2011, 05:33 PM
There are expected to be houses for people to campaign for him in Iowa, so stay tuned for that. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?288006-Renting-a-house-in-Iowa-for-a-grassroots-base-of-operations

You could comment on that thread

thehighwaymanq
05-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Okay, so I've been an active Ron Paul supporter since I was, like, what -- 14? And I also realize that this is potentially the last time Ron Paul will be throwing his hat in the ring for president. I leave for college in late August as a freshman, and I wanted to volunteer for Ron Paul's campaign before then, or some time during my breaks. I don't want to volunteer just in my local area -- I want to actually travel out and volunteer at an office, somewhere. I live in New Jersey -- I really wouldn't mind traveling down to Iowa, or South Carolina and helping out. In fact, that's what I actually want to do. Problem is that I don't know if that's even possible, if there are any internship/volunteer positions that RP's campaign will offer... does anyone have any tips on how to potentially get involved?

Hello!

Haha this is cool because 1) I live in NJ 2) I am going to college in August 3) I've supported Ron since 14 4) I want to volunteer!

Let's get this thing going! WOO.

t0rnado
05-12-2011, 06:37 PM
What college in NJ? Both Rutgers and Princeton have very little going on activism wise. Ramapo has Murray Sabrin still teaching there and I'm pretty sure he's the faculty adviser to the YAL group there, which is pretty active.

thehighwaymanq
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
What college in NJ? Both Rutgers and Princeton have very little going on activism wise. Ramapo has Murray Sabrin still teaching there and I'm pretty sure he's the faculty adviser to the YAL group there, which is pretty active.

Ramapo YAL is active? Do they have a website/facebook?

Patriot123
05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Hmmm. The house idea seems pretty impressive -- definitely something I'll look into! That would be a god-send, actually. Having to sublet an apartment would not be fun, I think lol =/

thehighwaymanq -- crazy! lol what a coincidence, yah?

And lol, not a New Jersey college -- thank god. I'm going to a college in York PA. Doubt there'll be anything around there, but maybe around Harrisburg, perhaps?

t0rnado
05-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Ramapo YAL is active? Do they have a website/facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/RamapoYAL

It takes a certain amount of motivation to get these groups really active. Good luck.