PDA

View Full Version : National Register Republican for Ron Paul Week! (R3)

jpa
10-27-2007, 11:46 AM
After chatting with a member of the Board of Directors of the CA GOP, I had an idea that I think can be very powerful (based on his comments that he noticed the new, young people that Ron Paul is bringing to Republican meetings).

We should have a National Register Republican for Ron Paul week!
All the meetups across the country can do a big push to register people in the Republican Party, keeping count of how many we sign up.
This will definitely turn heads in the GOP leadership, because they know they need a candidate like Reagan who can bring people to the party.

So I want to organize this, but I need some help putting it together. I was hoping some of you pros can answer my questions:

1) What week should we target? Definitely need to do it in November, I was thinking the 2nd or 3rd week.

2) How do I contact all 1000 meetup group leaders? Is there an email list or group I can post to?

3) How should we count all the new registrations? Each meetup keep a hand count, send it to me, then I can tabulate the national total? Any other ideas?
Is there any place on the registration forms that we can mark that it came from this campaign (in case the GOP wants spot check our claims)

4) Do I need a website to get organized, etc? Anyone want to help me with a simple website?

5) Once I get all the details together, who should I contact to get the word out? Daily Paul, LewRockwell, who else?

6) How should we publish the results? Press release? Give it to the official campaign? Publish to the ron paul media sites, hoping it gets picked up nationally?

Thanks for your answers, please feel free to chime in with ideas that can make this more successful.

jpa
10-27-2007, 01:58 PM
<crickets>

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 02:02 PM
<crickets>

The idea is good, but it seems very Top-Down. With the current decentralized grass-roots support, I think this could be hard to organize directly.

Probably best to start a web site, and start a meme and hope it catches on. Then it will spread naturaly across all meetups and central RP support locations on the internet.

Much like Nov. 5th.

Think bottom up, not Top down and it could happen.