PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Residents Spend A Whopping 14.2% Of Their Income On Gas - CNN Interactive Map

DamianTV
05-12-2011, 02:24 AM
http://money.cnn.com/news/storysupplement/economy/gas_prices_by_state/?hpt=T2

There are two tabs on the top of the map, one for state average gas price, the other is what the estimated percentage (taken with a grain of salt as with all statistics) of their income they are spending on Gasoline. Hell I remember back when what my percentage of gas is what the experts recommended that I spend on buying a car.

Pretty interesting, but not very motivating...

TheNcredibleEgg
05-12-2011, 02:33 AM
No worries.

The FED will have their own nifty chart showing Mississippi only has to spend 1% of their incomes nowadays on iPhones.

kahless
05-12-2011, 07:45 AM
The Dems probably already figure from this that Obama is only going to win cities that have mass transportation at this rate. Probably just before the election he will open up the strategic reserve and who knows what else just to get that price dropped a bit until the election is over.

DamianTV
05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Hey, if people cant afford to drive to the polls, they cant maintain the illusion of choice.

QueenB4Liberty
05-12-2011, 05:19 PM
IL has the highest gas prices?

MozoVote
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
When I was a college student working my first internship for $8.50 an hour, gas was 89¢ a gallon. So my wages were about 10X the price of gas.

I have a good white collar job today, but gas is still proportionally more expensive by this yardstick. And I'm in a higher tax bracket than I was back then - so I could probably make this comparison look worse, pretty easily, by looking at the fraction of *take home pay* versus gasoline.