PDA

View Full Version : Leno Show Countdown with Cruise/Sex Pistols

malibu
10-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Among the activities for Tuesday's taping . . .

And even BEFORE the taping - and even if you can't get a ticket -

Howz' about a chant in addition to the signs on the sidewalk outside the NBC Studios in Burbank . . . .

"We WANT another Ron!"

"Not Iran, but ANOTHER RON !" (too complicated maybe ?)

"We're NOT JUST the internet." (used in Ames, Iowa at The Straw Poll in August)

and just a thundering "RON PAUL - RON PAUL - RON PAUL . . . " (also used in Ames)

Finally we're soliciting any Sex Pistols requests to pass on to the band for the RP audience . .

Man from La Mancha
10-27-2007, 10:39 AM
How about one of the Sex Pistols wear a nov.5th tshirt ?

malibu
10-27-2007, 10:44 AM
How about one of the Sex Pistols wear a nov.5th tshirt ?

I like it - ALOT!

JosephTheLibertarian
10-27-2007, 10:46 AM
it's not live?

malibu
10-27-2007, 10:51 AM
it's not live?

Taped straight through for east coast feed.

As everyone now probably knows Tom Cruise and The Sex Pistols are guests as well. Cruise will certainly plug the new release "Lions For Lambs", a Robert Redford-directed drama that will co-star Redford and Meryl Streep. Cruise plays a congressman/senator who I believe may be pro-war.

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=17554

"Lions for Lambs" is a Matthew Carnahan-scripted drama that consists of three interconnected storylines: Cruise as a congressman who interacts with a journalist (Streep); Redford as an idealistic professor who attempts to inspire a privileged student in his class; and a third storyline about a pair of American soldiers wounded in enemy territory, one of whom is Redford's former student.

From the forums' DrNoZone : Check out the trailer for the movie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCbOqiVKfo

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 11:13 AM
What about wearing Ron Paul shirts, acting relatively normal and handing Pocket Constitutions to those entering the studio and all passersby?

malibu
10-27-2007, 11:26 AM
What about wearing Ron Paul shirts, acting relatively normal and handing Pocket Constitutions to those entering the studio and all passersby?

T-shirts, or a bumper sticker on your t-shirt and getting some signs in the first row should be in play - but no acting "normal" allowed - you have to be LOUD - at the appropriate times of course.

Also, handing out stuff inside is typically against the rules. Jay will come out in jeans before taping and will try to warm up the audience by trying some new material - since they are taping you can't be TOO disruptive during the guest interviews - but the sidewalks outside and the commercial breaks could be pretty fun - with some spillover before an audience of 6 million nationwide.

Adamsa
10-27-2007, 11:28 AM
How about "God save the Ron." followed by a distorted guitar riff?

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 11:30 AM
T-shirts, or a bumper sticker on your t-shirt and getting some signs in the first row should be in play - but no acting "normal" allowed - you have to be LOUD - at the appropriate times of course.

Also, handing out stuff inside is typically against the rules. Jay will come out in jeans before taping and will try to warm up the audience by trying some new material - since they are taping you can't be TOO disruptive during the guest interviews - but the sidewalks outside and the commercial breaks could be pretty fun - with some spillover before an audience of 6 million nationwide.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. I said hand out Pocket Constitutions to those ENTERING the studio and passersby. What made you think I was talking about handing out literature inside the studio?

And yes, we actually could stop chanting long enough to actually talk to people. ;)

Leslie Webb
10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
Everybody on good behavior. We'll want Leno to invite Ron back after he wins New Hampshire.

malibu
10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
I think you need to re-read what I wrote. I said hand out Pocket Constitutions to those ENTERING the studio and passersby. What made you think I was talking about handing out literature inside the studio?

And yes, we actually could stop chanting long enough to actually talk to people. ;)

Don't need to re-read - understood you fine, but jus' wanted to get out that you are kinda restricted inside - almost really discouraged from being a participant in the show.

There are not too many passerbys - other than cars - but good luck with the chatting to people in line.

But let's have fun anywayz!

Peace.

krott5333
10-27-2007, 11:41 AM
the "were not just the internet" rant is absolutely RETARDED imo.

malibu
10-27-2007, 11:47 AM
the "were not just the internet" rant is absolutely RETARDED imo.

Retarded is really Rudy "freedom is about authority" Giuliani, Willard "double Gitmo" Romney, or Tom "let's bomb Mecca" Tancredo.

the internet line was used in Ames - almost too wordy to pick up in a television affiliate mike.

Geronimo
10-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I thought I heard that a bunch of people planned on wearing the Ron Paul Halloween mask (http://www.newsgroper.com/i/masks/pdfs/ron-paul-halloween-mask.pdf).

malibu
10-27-2007, 12:00 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2418/1766512064_24d6ee90cc_o.jpg[/

Adamsa
10-27-2007, 12:01 PM
How about no chants but instead just informing all who pass by about Ron? Make more sense to me, and I wouldn't hate the large loud crowd. :P

malibu
10-27-2007, 12:09 PM
How about no chants but instead just informing all who pass by about Ron? Make more sense to me, and I wouldn't hate the large loud crowd. :P

There are not THAT many passersbys while waiting in line - but alot of cars and traffic and some billboards around - expect some honking I guess - but being as loud on the show as allowed, with maybe getting some signs on camera in the front rows, might get through any editing. It's ALL good though.

0zzy
10-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I posted this already....

admin merge.

Meatwasp
10-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Those loud chants might be making Ron hard of hearing. He acted like he had a hard time hearing at the debate. Than again they could have lowered the volumn on him.

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Don't need to re-read - understood you fine, but jus' wanted to get out that you are kinda restricted inside - almost really discouraged from being a participant in the show.

There are not too many passerbys - other than cars - but good luck with the chatting to people in line.

But let's have fun anywayz!

Peace.

Well then, don't say I said something that I did not say. How about that?

Chanting has its place, that's for sure. But at some point, we actually might consider lowering our voices and having a conversation with people. :rolleyes: But, by all means, it's all about YOUR fun. It's not important to actually get the message out. I'll try to remember that in the future.

malibu
10-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Well then, don't say I said something that I did not say. How about that?

How about "what are you talkin' about ?"

malibu
10-28-2007, 11:37 AM
But, by all means, it's all about YOUR fun. It's not important to actually get the message out.

I just don't understand these nonsense remarks - you just aren't gonna get much info out to the passing cars outside the NBC studios your way - much better to show a presence of some sort and be encouraged by those that honk --- and yes, PLEASE make it fun - some will be spending a whole day at this event instead of getting there at 2pm.

Why wouldn't you want it to be fun ?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2418/1766512064_24d6ee90cc_o.jpg