PDA

View Full Version : Navy SEAL wannabes lie to get free beers

doodle
05-12-2011, 12:24 AM
While some people see Obama as a liar ( link (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290969-Overall-you-find-Obama-to-be-truthful-or-liar&)) , he cannot be responsible for this:

SEAL sleuths expose those who've faked service

By DAVID SHARP, Associated Press David Sharp, Associated Press – Wed May 11, 2:16 pm ET

PORTLAND, Maine – Navy SEAL wannabes lie to get free beers, to get women into bed, to further their civilian careers or to get military benefits. And the number of phonies will probably only grow with the SEALs in the spotlight for the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_seal_sleuths

LisaNY
05-12-2011, 01:47 AM
lol my friend's brother-in-law lied about being a SEAL for years before he got caught. Even his wife believed him as he told her he was in before they met. He had all these SEAL 'stories' that he told people at cocktail parties and even a giant SEAL tattoo on his arm. His wife would always brag "Frank was a SEAL, he can do anything!" Anyway, he got caught lying about some other stuff so my friend's husband contacted the Navy to see if he was bullshitting and they outed him! They put him on some website, I think it was called 'wall of shame' or something like that, and they told him to stop impersonating.

AFPVet
05-12-2011, 02:07 AM
This is not only a disgrace but illegal. I am sure that our founders would have frowned upon people impersonating U.S. Armed Forces members.

BamaAla
05-12-2011, 02:15 AM
This is not only a disgrace but illegal. I am sure that our founders would have frowned upon people impersonating U.S. Armed Forces members.

The stolen valor act was ruled unconstitutional, but you're right: its downright shameful. I used to have this buddy that lied about being Marine Force Recon all the time; it was pretty ugly when he was outed.

AFPVet
05-12-2011, 02:38 AM
The stolen valor act was ruled unconstitutional, but you're right: its downright shameful. I used to have this buddy that lied about being Marine Force Recon all the time; it was pretty ugly when he was outed.

Well, there's nothing to say that impersonators can't be black listed :)

t0rnado
05-12-2011, 02:57 AM
These are the same cowards that chant "U-S-A" all the time.

madengr
05-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Now this is funny:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29963

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/6.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/5.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/3.jpg

Bruno
05-12-2011, 09:20 AM
lol my friend's brother-in-law lied about being a SEAL for years before he got caught. Even his wife believed him as he told her he was in before they met. He had all these SEAL 'stories' that he told people at cocktail parties and even a giant SEAL tattoo on his arm. His wife would always brag "Frank was a SEAL, he can do anything!" Anyway, he got caught lying about some other stuff so my friend's husband contacted the Navy to see if he was bullshitting and they outed him! They put him on some website, I think it was called 'wall of shame' or something like that, and they told him to stop impersonating.

Awesome story! Glad he got what he had coming to him for years.

oyarde
05-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Most people would not have the physical appearance or demeanor of a SEAL. The Capt. in the photo is laughable .

doodle
05-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Yea that dude in photo does not appear fit to be even a fake SF guy lol

On a lighrter note, could it be on some matters we have too many liberties that can be abused by hyper men to fool patriotic women?

PORTLAND, Maine – Navy SEAL wannabes lie to get free beers, to get women into bed, to further their civilian careers or to get military benefits.

In sharp contrast, in other freedom democratic countries lying about oneself to get a woman into bed can lead to severe punishment (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/21/arab-guilty-rape-consensual-sex-jew).

AGRP
05-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Fake it until you make it!

SWATH
05-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I've seen some big 'ole boys in SF but I don't even think that guy could even be in the army let alone the military.

oyarde
05-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I've seen some big 'ole boys in SF but I don't even think that guy could even be in the army let alone the military.

Unless times have changed , I never remember seeing an officer below the rank of General even remotely close to love handles like that.....

Freedom 4 all
05-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Now this is funny:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29963

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/6.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/5.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/ussfpa/MIlitary/3.jpg

No way in hell that guy would get through the physical requirements of SEAL/Special Forces training. I'd honestly be surprised if he could do 20 push ups without gasping for air. He should try pretending to be a cop instead, it would be much more believable. A LOT of cops look like this dude. Elite special forces soldiers, not so much.

doodle
05-12-2011, 07:12 PM
He should try pretending to be a cop instead, it would be much more believable.

Donut police is not gonna be not happy about this lol

Pericles
05-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I didn't Know they made ACUs that big .......

Maybe it was a maternity ACU ....

just sayin'

doodle
05-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Maybe one size fits all wonders....

Just jokin'

Carehn
05-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Im I the only one who finds it odd anyone would want to impersonate a SEAL? Ya they do some crazy shit and all, and how we all love them for it but... and this is a big but. Something has to be wrong with a person like that. To me it would be like impersonating a special person.

Its hard to say i guess because most people would like to hit me in the mouth for it but i don't in any way find these gun waving Rambo war nuts attractive at all.

doodle
05-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Carehn, right to dissent from popular stereotypes is what makes America beautiful. Nice.

AGRP
05-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Im I the only one who finds it odd anyone would want to impersonate a SEAL?

Ego.

Vessol
05-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Im I the only one who finds it odd anyone would want to impersonate a SEAL? Ya they do some crazy shit and all, and how we all love them for it but... and this is a big but. Something has to be wrong with a person like that. To me it would be like impersonating a special person.

Its hard to say i guess because most people would like to hit me in the mouth for it but i don't in any way find these gun waving Rambo war nuts attractive at all.

This is my thought as well.

But, in our society, most people are raised to pretty much worship the military. Those in special forces are at the highest level of the military worship pantheon.

BlackTerrel
05-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Newsflash: guys lie to get laid and win other benefits. How many guys in LA tell girls they are "producers" or "rappers".

Most people would not have the physical appearance or demeanor of a SEAL. The Capt. in the photo is laughable .

I have a buddy who was a seal and while he's in decent shape you wouldn't find him to be physically intimidating. Much less so than most professional or even collegiate athletes.

doodle
05-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Before BT or anyone else says that there is no Charlie Sheen mention in this thread lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j7UioHgcd8&feature=related

Elwar
05-13-2011, 12:09 AM
I got fooled. The guy didn't say he was a SEAL, this was a few months ago.

My wife and I met "Lt Tom" at a local tourist bar. He was with his fiance and her kid. Told me he just got back from Iraq. Being a contractor and having been to Iraq I told him "welcome back" and chatted up with him for a bit. I asked him what unit he was in and the unit is one I'd worked with, I asked him if he was out of Fort Gordon back in 2005, he said yep. So I told him I probably saw him. He mentioned he had a house with a pool so I said we should grill some steaks the next day. He said, "why not right now?". Then he said, "how about your place". Mind you, he's with his fiance who's from Honduras working at a school, her 12 year old boy was at the beach. I invited them over and went with him to get the beer and steaks. I bought the beer at one place and told him he could pay for the steaks. When it came time to pay for the steaks he just "happened" to get an important phone call. I paid for the steaks.

As the night goes on the guy's story just doesn't add up. I start getting suspicious so I flat out ask him "So is General Bucholz still in charge there at Ft Gordon?" (Bucholz died 8 years ago). His response "yep".

Apparently his fiance whom he'd been dating for 2 months didn't have a clue. We let her know. He even threw on some ratty old green BDUs for whatever reason. I'm thinking he was a homeless guy who got some free BDUs from the shelter and went with the story. He had the military look to him so he could easily fool most people but not someone who works with military people every day.

I'd love to put him on that wall of shame. I took some pictures that night just to be sure.

I didn't call him out on it because I figured he was a psycho and I had no clue what his angle was...he got a few steaks from me, I'm not worried about it.

His fiance dumped him.

oyarde
05-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I may be willing to swap some real stories from my high school days in exchange for some steaks & beer :)

oyarde
05-13-2011, 10:48 AM

I probably look more like a school prof :)

oyarde
05-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Newsflash: guys lie to get laid and win other benefits. How many guys in LA tell girls they are "producers" or "rappers".

I have a buddy who was a seal and while he's in decent shape you wouldn't find him to be physically intimidating. Much less so than most professional or even collegiate athletes.

Many years ago , when I served , nearly all of the guys I worked with were extremely fit , but as you say , would not appear at first glance to be physically intimidating. In an atmosphere where they were with strangers though , they conducted themselves in a manner that would make it somewhat easy to guess that they may be what they were . All very polite , subdued etc. a certain type of demeanor.

osan
05-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Illegal? You have to be kidding. I agree it is a disgrace, but illegal? Ridiculous.

osan
05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
T...it was pretty ugly when he was outed.

I can imagine. The closest I came to becoming a SEAL was when I got caught trying to enlist when I was 15. :)

dannno
05-13-2011, 12:12 PM
///

libertarian4321
05-13-2011, 12:15 PM
I think the reason guys do this is because bull shitting allows them to get women or just pump up their self esteem. Guys (especially young guys) bull shit like this all the time, and the "military" scam is just one of many.

I suspect most of the guys who pose as Rangers/seals/etc are probably ex-military (a civilian would not even be able to fake the basics) who are just exaggerating their service. Not many girls are going to be impressed when the guy says "Yeah, I was a light wheeled vehicle mechanic in the Army who served at Ft. Sill, OK" so they change the story to "I was an Airborne Ranger who served in Iraq and I killed 27 Iraqis with my entrenching tool". Even a guy who was a PFC mechanic in the military will know enough about the military to successfully bull shit most civilians (and more than enough to bull shit young, drunk female civilians).

These guys are idiots, and so are the women who fall for their BS. That said, I'm glad they ruled the "Stolen Valor" act un Constitutional, because their shouldn't be anything illegal about bull shitting to score hot chicks (and if it was illegal, most of the male population would be in prison at some time in his life).

Full disclosure: Like the overwhelming majority of people in the military, I never did anything of note while serving in the Army. I showed up, I did my job, I got paid. That was it. Never killed anything.

osan
05-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Yea that dude in photo does not appear fit to be even a fake SF guy lol

Well, being out of shape and not worth a rat-fuck seems to work brilliantly well for our beloved cops.

On a lighrter note, could it be on some matters we have too many liberties that can be abused by hyper men to fool patriotic women?

By "lighter", may I take it to mean complete non-seriously?

In sharp contrast, in other freedom democratic countries lying about oneself to get a woman into bed can lead to severe punishment (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/21/arab-guilty-rape-consensual-sex-jew).

Caveat emptor in such cases. Don't want to get taken for a ride? Perhaps it behooves one to keep the legs closed. YMMV, of course.

dannno
05-13-2011, 12:18 PM
These guys are idiots, and so are the women who fall for their BS. That said, I'm glad they ruled the "Stolen Valor" act un Constitutional, because their shouldn't be anything illegal about bull shitting to score hot chicks (and if it was illegal, most of the male population would be in prison at some time in his life).

So Stolen Valor is impersonating military for any reason, right? Not just using it to score hot chicks :confused:

It does surprise me, however, that there are people who actually believe that lying to get a woman into bed is some how rape :rolleyes:

If you're a woman and you are considering having sex with a guy, just assume everything he says MIGHT be a lie until it's proven. Then you can either wait on sex until you're more sure, or just go ahead with it because you feel like it.

osan
05-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I got fooled. The guy didn't say he was a SEAL, this was a few months ago.

My wife and I met "Lt Tom" at a local tourist bar. He was with his fiance and her kid. Told me he just got back from Iraq. Being a contractor and having been to Iraq I told him "welcome back" and chatted up with him for a bit. I asked him what unit he was in and the unit is one I'd worked with, I asked him if he was out of Fort Gordon back in 2005, he said yep. So I told him I probably saw him. He mentioned he had a house with a pool so I said we should grill some steaks the next day. He said, "why not right now?". Then he said, "how about your place". Mind you, he's with his fiance who's from Honduras working at a school, her 12 year old boy was at the beach. I invited them over and went with him to get the beer and steaks. I bought the beer at one place and told him he could pay for the steaks. When it came time to pay for the steaks he just "happened" to get an important phone call. I paid for the steaks.

As the night goes on the guy's story just doesn't add up. I start getting suspicious so I flat out ask him "So is General Bucholz still in charge there at Ft Gordon?" (Bucholz died 8 years ago). His response "yep".

Apparently his fiance whom he'd been dating for 2 months didn't have a clue. We let her know. He even threw on some ratty old green BDUs for whatever reason. I'm thinking he was a homeless guy who got some free BDUs from the shelter and went with the story. He had the military look to him so he could easily fool most people but not someone who works with military people every day.

I'd love to put him on that wall of shame. I took some pictures that night just to be sure.

I didn't call him out on it because I figured he was a psycho and I had no clue what his angle was...he got a few steaks from me, I'm not worried about it.

His fiance dumped him.

This is hilarious. What some will do for attention.

DailyLiberty
05-13-2011, 12:31 PM
This type of stuff happens all the time. I'm an Infantry Officer in the Army (Not Special Forces of any kind . . . hehe) and I love outing people when the lie about this stuff. I once caught a new private that just graduated from basic training wearing a Ranger Tab and an SF Tab in the Atlanta Airport. I was in civilian clothes sitting at the bar and he sat down next to me. I noticed all his "awards" and began to ask questions. When he told me that he went to the Special Forces Qualification Course in Alaska (its really in North Carolina) I almost lost it on him. I calmed down and told him that I was in the Army and where the actual course was. I then told him if he didnt take those Tabs off that I was going to call the MP's and they were going to arrest him. He complied.

doodle
05-13-2011, 02:56 PM
By "lighter", may I take it to mean complete non-seriously?

Caveat emptor in such cases. Don't want to get taken for a ride? Perhaps it behooves one to keep the legs closed. YMMV, of course.

Yes and yes.

oyarde
05-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I can imagine. The closest I came to becoming a SEAL was when I got caught trying to enlist when I was 15. :) Did they tell you to come back in a couple years ?