PDA

View Full Version : Michael Gerson's values (Post from blog Conservative Heritage Times defending RP)

Badger Paul
05-11-2011, 09:26 PM
www.conservativetimes.org (http://www.conservativetimes.org)

People who used to work for Bush II Administration who gave this country unwinnable wars, economic bankruptcy, unlimited immigration and overall general incompetence are the last people to be criticizing anyone or anybody. But that didn’t stop former Bush II speechwriter and now Washington Post columnist Michael Gerson from attacking Ron Paul’s supposed “lack” of values while erroneously claiming he’s in favor of “legalizing” heroin.

Of course Ron Paul believes in nothing of the kind. Like immigration, he believes “let the states decide”. It’s their responsibility as called for in the Constitution. How has nationalizing the drug issue done any good in either preventing drug usage or stopping it from crossing our borders? Very little as far as I can tell but oh boy has it poured tax money into the coffers of the DEA and ATF and the FBI and number of federal agencies and have made them grow exponentially. I thought conservatives were supposed to be against “big government?”

Oh but not “compassionate conservatives” like Mr. Gerson. Societies unfortunates are supposed to all of our concerns, meaning the taxpayer, as supposed to say, the church or or a club or your family and friends. This is basis of the “new” conservatism Gerson and his friends were fashioning. The end result when it was all over it? Barak Obama as President of the United States and big government legitimized. And what values were the Bush II Administration supporting? crony capitalism? fiscal recklessness? predator drones? Abu Gharib?

If so I’ll take Ron Paul’s decentralized compassion over Michael Gerson politically inspired “bleeding heart” any day of the week and I’m sure the rest of the world will as well. Compassionate Conservatism left Iraq and Afghanistan in ruins, it left the Treasury broke, it left Americans unemployed and ripped off. Some values.

JamesButabi
05-11-2011, 09:29 PM
I also rebutted this fool. His article was terrible.