PDA

View Full Version : Chipin Challenge - follow my lead!

shepburn
10-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Chipin Matching Challenge: I’ll lead the way.

Imagine each of us donated $5 to each of the remaining chipins. Right now there are approximately 20 chipins on ronpaulgraphs.com that are unfinished. At $5 apiece, each of us would be donating $100.

We could go a long way to finishing these important projects. The upside of finishing these projects quickly is fairly simple: More meetup groups will be encouraged to think of creative ways to promote Ron Paul. Then we'll have a whole new round of chipins to consider. You watch, once we finish these off, dozens more worthy projects will be born.

Here's where you come in:

I'm looking to hear from at least 10 of you, giving me strong words of motivation for this effort. These bumps will ensure this idea gets enough looks to make this work. Pledging to join me is ideal, but hey some of us are way very broke, so at this point I just want some words of encouragement. Once I get my 10 positive postings (or pledges), I'll donate $5 bucks to every remaining chipin. And of course I'll be posting the confirmations to prove my salt (see below).

Then it’ll be your turn. Once I get 10 people to match what I've done ($100 worth of chipin confirmations), I'll INCREASE the bar.

For round 2, I'll then donate $7.50 per chipin (or $150 total). If 10 people match that, then we’ll move to round three.

For round three, just as before, I’ll show my 20 confirmations. But this time it’ll be at $10 per chipin (or $200 total).

I’ll go as many rounds as you guys can handle (okay I do have theoretical limit, but I doubt you’ll hit it!) And by the way, it doesn’t have to be the same people donating in each round.

Yes, I know pulling out the credit card 20 times is difficult, but hey I know it'll be rewarding to help 20 separate Ron Paul different projects. (if you want to cheat and save time by giving the total all to one chip in, I’ll count that … but please have a good reason as I want to treat all chipins equally)

So let's hear the encouragement and let's see how far we get!

Just to show I'm serious, here is confirmation #1 (of 25):

10/27/2007
Receipt ID ffcaf4bceabb9632
Paid By: Scott Hepburn
For: The New Haven Ron Paul Halloween Pumpkin Event
Method: PayPal
Total: $5.00

USAFCapt
10-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Transaction ID: 8EJ490268P508063P Placed on Oct. 27, 2007
Payment For Quantity Price
Contribution to BOOTH - NASCAR Texas Motor Speedway Dickies 500 November 1 st - 4th by Debra Reineke (dreineke@ntin.net) 1 $10.00 USD

shepburn
10-27-2007, 11:07 AM
That is one person ... I need nine more postings for me to donate $5 bucks to all 20 chipins

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 11:40 AM
How about if I post 40 dollars to each chip-in, that would be the same right? In total amounts of money?

shepburn
10-27-2007, 12:11 PM
wow ... $40 to each?

That is $40 * 20 chipins or $800 bucks. I was looking to do $5 * 20 chipins. Once I got 10 people to do this, I was going to go for more.

Please reread my post. If it still doesn't make sence, I'll try rewording it so everyone gets what I'm proposing.

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 12:17 PM
wow ... $40 to each?

That is $40 * 20 chipins or $800 bucks. I was looking to do $5 * 20 chipins. Once I got 10 people to do this, I was going to go for more.

Please reread my post. If it still doesn't make sence, I'll try rewording it so everyone gets what I'm proposing.

no -- you made perfect sense. I was just doing anything possible to extract money from you.... Even at my own expense.

Sort of being funny, but sort of being serious. Serious to the extent I would do it, funny to the extent that your end goal was met forcing you to pony up the money :)

It would be better for 9 more people and me on top.

shepburn
10-27-2007, 12:32 PM
no -- you made perfect sense. I was just doing anything possible to extract money from you.... Even at my own expense.

Sort of being funny, but sort of being serious. Serious to the extent I would do it, funny to the extent that your end goal was met forcing you to pony up the money :)

It would be better for 9 more people and me on top.

lol ... I'd be happy to pony up $800 ... but only if we get to like round 5.

good try though!!

so far I have 2 posters ... I need to hear from 8 more of you before I start showing all my confrimations!

me3
10-27-2007, 01:48 PM
bump

madcat033
10-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey, mine hasn't gotten added yet but we only need about $300 more to get a full page ad in UCLA's daily bruin!

http://ronpaulucla.chipin.com/ron-paul-ad-in-the-daily-bruin-full-page-color

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/55/rp3yc6.gif

ItsTime
10-27-2007, 02:03 PM
thats a pretty good ad! You have room next to the URL to put the Phone number as well. Thats the only thing I would change/add

centure7
10-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Chipin Matching Challenge: I’ll lead the way.

Imagine each of us donated $5 to each of the remaining chipins. Right now there are approximately 20 chipins on ronpaulgraphs.com that are unfinished. At $5 apiece, each of us would be donating $100.

We could go a long way to finishing these important projects. The upside of finishing these projects quickly is fairly simple: More meetup groups will be encouraged to think of creative ways to promote Ron Paul. Then we'll have a whole new round of chipins to consider. You watch, once we finish these off, dozens more worthy projects will be born.

Here's where you come in:

I'm looking to hear from at least 10 of you, giving me strong words of motivation for this effort. These bumps will ensure this idea gets enough looks to make this work. Pledging to join me is ideal, but hey some of us are way very broke, so at this point I just want some words of encouragement. Once I get my 10 positive postings (or pledges), I'll donate $5 bucks to every remaining chipin. And of course I'll be posting the confirmations to prove my salt (see below).

Then it’ll be your turn. Once I get 10 people to match what I've done ($100 worth of chipin confirmations), I'll INCREASE the bar.

For round 2, I'll then donate $7.50 per chipin (or $150 total). If 10 people match that, then we’ll move to round three.

For round three, just as before, I’ll show my 20 confirmations. But this time it’ll be at $10 per chipin (or $200 total).

I’ll go as many rounds as you guys can handle (okay I do have theoretical limit, but I doubt you’ll hit it!) And by the way, it doesn’t have to be the same people donating in each round.

Yes, I know pulling out the credit card 20 times is difficult, but hey I know it'll be rewarding to help 20 separate Ron Paul different projects. (if you want to cheat and save time by giving the total all to one chip in, I’ll count that … but please have a good reason as I want to treat all chipins equally)

So let's hear the encouragement and let's see how far we get!

Just to show I'm serious, here is confirmation #1 (of 25):

10/27/2007
Receipt ID ffcaf4bceabb9632
Paid By: Scott Hepburn
For: The New Haven Ron Paul Halloween Pumpkin Event
Total: $5.00

Some chip-ins are great ideas, and some of them are not that great of a way to spend money.

DXDoug
10-28-2007, 03:16 PM
the Chip in's really are another great way to get ron paul's name out. The Fly Overs, and pretty much everything for those chip in's will help ron paul alot where alot is needed .

shepburn
10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Some chip-ins are great ideas, and some of them are not that great of a way to spend money.

Okay ... instead of just making a sweeping generality, please make a list of the current chipins that you think are not worth our money.
As for the rest, how many have you donated to?

USAFCapt
10-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Transaction ID: 1US19962HX5850342
Item Price: $10.00 USD
Total: $10.00 USD
Order Description: Contribution to Ron Paul ad in the Daily Bruin! Full page + color by Stephen Campbell

me3
10-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Bump

TexMac
10-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Receipt ID 671d54bbc9f117aa

For: Ron Paul Handouts that we hand our in NH during out lit drops every week
Total: $20.00

deedles
10-28-2007, 10:01 PM
10/29/2007
Receipt ID aeaf340d39eba84b

For: Ron Paul Radio Ad Campaign~Operation Wake up Wisconsin Christians
Total: $50.00

shepburn
10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Anyone else think that I have good idea here ...

If I hear encouragement from 5 more people ... I'll donate $5 to each of the 20 active chipins on ronpaulgraphs.com

hopeforamerica
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Anyone else think that I have good idea here ...

If I hear encouragement from 5 more people ... I'll donate $5 to each of the 20 active chipins on ronpaulgraphs.com

consider yourself encouraged :D