PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul moneybomb calendar!

qwerty
05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
* July 4th-5th - www.IndependenceDayBomb.com (two day moneybomb to cover Independence Day)
* July 19th or 26th - www.ReadyAmesFire.com (this moneybomb is not organized by us, final date to be announced)
* August 20th - www.RonPaulBirthdayBomb.com (happy birthday Ron Paul!)
* Sept. 17th - www.ConstitutionDayBomb.com (couple this event with the distribution of constitutions?)
* Nov 11th - www.VeteransDayBomb.com (during this event lets also focus on taking real actions to help our Veterans)
* Dec 16th - www.BostonTeaPartyBomb.com (let's take over the Tea Party once and for all)
* Jan 10th - www.CommonSenseMoneyBomb.com (celebrating the most popular pamphlet of the American revolution)
* Feb 21st - www.PresidentsDayBomb.com (here's to President Ron Paul)
* April 19th - www.RevolutionMoneyBomb.com (celebrating the anniversary of the "Shot Heard Round the World" and start of our revolution for independence)
* May 30th - www.MemorialDayBomb.com (honoring those who have fought for this nation)

MODERATOR NOTE: These money bomb sites are organized by a FOR PROFIT group. While there may or may not be a direct profit from the donations the e-mail addresses collected by the group have, in the past, been used in other for profit ventures.

Gage
05-10-2011, 11:29 PM
None of these are going to actually happen aside from a select few.

Paul4Prez
05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
How about July 21st instead of the 19th or 26th? It's the anniversary of the moon landing -- call it Shoot the Moon, and go for the record.

September 17th is also the anniversary of the battle of Thermopylae, as in the movie 300, as in Molon Labe.

Don't forget June 13th, the next debate day.

Gage
05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
How about July 21st instead of the 19th or 26th? It's the anniversary of the moon landing -- call it Shoot the Moon, and go for the record.

September 17th is also the anniversary of the battle of Thermopylae, as in the movie 300, as in Molon Labe.

Don't forget June 13th, the next debate day.

No, no, and no.

tsai3904
05-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Saw this email from Trevor Lyman regarding moneybombs at DailyPaul (http://www.dailypaul.com/164249/trevor-lyman-email-a-2012-moneybomb-caledar):

Ron Paul Needs Money Each Month To Win The Race - A 2012 MoneyBomb Calendar

LegalizeGoldAndSilver.com - June 5th Ron Paul Moneybomb

On June 5th, 1933 the U.S. Congress abolished the United States' use of the gold standard by enacting a joint resolution (48 Stat. 112) nullifying the right of creditors to demand payment of Federal Reserve notes in gold. Historically Gold, Silver and other precious metals have always maintained their value whereas paper/fiat currencies like the U.S. Federal Reserve note have not. Today, while the value of the paper Federal Reserve note plummets, it is illegal for Americans to use Gold, Silver or other precious metals as currency. Is this freedom? Ron Paul doesn't think so.

Please join us this June 5th in support of the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign for the "Legalize Gold And Silver" moneybomb. Please visit www.LegalizeGoldAndSilver.com to pledge (via email or facebook) and for more information.

Help us buy facebook ads to help promote this event.
Click here for more information.

Learning from the past

On November 5th, 2007 our community raised $4.3 million dollars for Ron Paul's campaign. The media blitz that ensued afterwards was epic. Six weeks later we held another moneybomb on Sunday, Dec. 16th and raised $6.1 million dollars in a single day. The media barely covered the story. Additionally in the weeks of the build up to the Dec. 16th moneybomb (a six week time span from Nov 5th to Dec 16th) the campaign sent out an email asking for money NOW rather than later, six weeks was too long to wait. As a result we set up the moneybomb called "Rudy's Reading List" as a middle ground to help get cash to the campaign right away.

The lessons we should take from this are twofold.

1.) While money raised during moneybomb's will always get press the excitement of the story is not as strong as it was during the moneybomb's first appearance. So rather than going for a flash in the pan big money bomb we need to adopt a "sure and steady wins the race" approach. Especially considering the fact that...

2.) The campaign needs money every month.

As a solution to the lessons learned from the past we are rolling out a monthly moneybomb calendar for the Ron Paul campaign during the 2011-12 presidential race. Yes, we should strive to raise as much money as we can during each event and I do believe we can reach the ten million per month mark before too long (perhaps even more), but more importantly we need to give the campaign a constant flow of money to work with. Consider all the media buys and event planning they must do. Having random fundraising events that are spaced at odd intervals will make their task much more difficult, whereas a steady flow of money from us will allow them to plan and predict according to perceived capabilities. Steady money each month will help the campaign run more efficiently and effectively during the election cycle.

Below is a list of the moneybomb pages we have so far (a few more to be added shortly). We welcome your feedback and may change dates based on your input (nothing is set in stone). Currently we have placeholder graphics at each of these web pages. We will add full graphics shortly. In the meantime please pledge to the efforts you will be supporting as the pledge boxes are live. We will report the number of pledges as they come in.

* July 4th-5th - www.IndependenceDayBomb.com (two day moneybomb to cover Independence Day)
* July 19th or 26th - www.ReadyAmesFire.com (this moneybomb is not organized by us, final date to be announced)
* Sept. 17th - www.ConstitutionDayBomb.com (couple this event with the distribution of constitutions?)
* Nov 11th - www.VeteransDayBomb.com (during this event lets also focus on taking real actions to help our Veterans)
* Dec 16th - www.BostonTeaPartyBomb.com (let's take over the Tea Party once and for all)
* Jan 10th - www.CommonSenseMoneyBomb.com (celebrating the most popular pamphlet of the American revolution)
* April 19th - www.RevolutionMoneyBomb.com (celebrating the anniversary of the "Shot Heard Round the World" and start of our revolution for independence)
* May 30th - www.MemorialDayBomb.com (honoring those who have fought for this nation)

All moneybombs will include a live all day radio marathon with distinguished hosts and guests. Schedules to be announced. Up to three additional moneybomb dates may be announced.

In 2007-08, when we were much smaller, we held a few money bombs within a few months raising over fifteen million dollars. Now Ron Paul has won CPAC twice, CampaignForLiberty is over six hundred thousand strong and we can and must be a financial force to win. Remember, Barack Obama is planning on a billion dollar war chest this race. The time to get energized is NOW! Ron Paul has the best chance to beat Barack Obama this election cycle and he is also in the best position he has even been in to win the Republican nomination. Let's give the campaign a steady, monthly flow of cash and get as close to ten million per month as quickly as possible.

Please spread the word about this moneybomb and pledge today. Thank you for your support at this critical time in our nations history.

Sincerely,

Trevor Lyman

P.S. If you are a blogger and you make a blog post promoting this event please send me the link so I can include it in the next email blast.

Matthew Zak
05-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Please consider the list I have made. I removed a few of the proposed money bombs, either do to controversy surrounding it's potential effectiveness, or for other reasons such as being too close to another money bomb. I think it's important to be able to donate a lot of money on each money bomb, because if it's not going to make headlines, why wait for a particular day? They need to be significant.

I like this one because we have a lot of time to save and prepare for this, and it focuses on a pivotal state: Iowa.

This one could get a lot of coverage. Other candidates would be jealous.

I like the theme. We should definitely pass out pocket constitutions. It won't generate a lot of money, but it is an important issue.

This one was successful before, we should make it a success again. We should save up a lot between the constitution day money bomb and this one.

This, too, could get some decent coverage. In your face Obama.

I think it is important to have enough time to save up between money bombs. Since Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate, we need to make this one HUGE.

doodle
05-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Keep some mystery, people do best when focussing on immediately next goal/deadline.

RPIdeaMan08
05-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Honestly I'd almost rather go with the common sense day over the constitution day, just because I think it's more news worthy. Sadly we live in a age of pseudoconservatives.

Gage
05-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Please consider the list I have made. I removed a few of the proposed money bombs, either do to controversy surrounding it's potential effectiveness, or for other reasons such as being too close to another money bomb. I think it's important to be able to donate a lot of money on each money bomb, because if it's not going to make headlines, why wait for a particular day? They need to be significant.

I like this one because we have a lot of time to save and prepare for this, and it focuses on a pivotal state: Iowa.

This one could get a lot of coverage. Other candidates would be jealous.

I like the theme. We should definitely pass out pocket constitutions. It won't generate a lot of money, but it is an important issue.

This one was successful before, we should make it a success again. We should save up a lot between the constitution day money bomb and this one.

This, too, could get some decent coverage. In your face Obama.

I think it is important to have enough time to save up between money bombs. Since Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate, we need to make this one HUGE.

I like this list a lot better, minus the May 30 one.

The Moravian
05-11-2011, 02:10 AM
This schedule of moneybombs looks great, one each month for the most part. Only October and March are left out so far.

How about a money bomb on October 11th, the ten year anniversary of the PATRIOT Act? Perhaps called "A True Patriot Acts" money bomb.

If troops are still in Iraq in March 2012, we could have a "Bring Them All Home" money bomb on the 9th anniversary of the Iraq invasion. There should be a big rally that day, too, like there used to be when it was popular to oppose the war.

LeJimster
05-11-2011, 03:42 AM
I think you have to be careful not to put the moneybombs too close together as has been said. People are eager to contribute, but if they are too close together then they will become money firecrackers and sizzle rather then explode.

qwerty
05-11-2011, 04:38 AM
None of these are going to actually happen aside from a select few.

Are you coordinating this thing ?

If not, i think you are taking little bit too big role here...Voluntarism...

:rolleyes:

Matthew Zak
05-11-2011, 05:20 AM
November 5th: 4 million
December 16th: 6 million

5.5 weeks between money bombs.

We can make the entire list work, but I think we need to get at least ONE 10 million dollar bomb in there.

Joseph
05-11-2011, 06:14 AM
If we are honestly not going to try to have big all or nothing break the record moneybombs but instead focus on getting him money now so it does not wait too long and for the purpose of spreading it out because the hype of "breaking the record" is not going to be covered by the media then the best, most effective and most logical thing to do is the Ron Paul paycheck idea.

EVERY Friday ALL of us donate 20.12 to the campaign that will bring in a fat paycheck every week and keep the campaign going through to the end. They could save some to be used on big projects and they could use it however they want. Plus by only donating 20.12 a week we will have a little extra to save for our own grassroots projects.

pacelli
05-11-2011, 06:35 AM

Are you participating in donating money for the moneybombs? If not, I think you are taking little bit too big role here...

By the way, whatever happened to 1 moneybomb per quarter?

po14015
05-11-2011, 06:52 AM
The Campaign will need as much money as possible as early as possible. The money that comes in before October will have a far greater impact than the money that comes in after that.

The Official Campaign's main goal should be to prove electability. And the way you do that is by winning Straw polls and eventually winning Iowa and New Hampshire.

I think we need two moneybombs that are record breakers. I think the media will soon make the amount of money a candidate raises irrelevant just like they have done with everything else Ron Paul wins/does better.

TheTyke
05-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I don't know the best moneybomb strategy, but want to echo how important a ton more money is... Based on what I've read elsewhere, this campaign is being run to WIN, and they could use 4X the money we've gotten just to ensure an straw poll victory in Iowa. Are we ready to win too?

Nate-ForLiberty
05-11-2011, 08:22 AM
FYI, these are the dates Trevor Lyman put out in his email.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?292163-An-email-from-Trevor-Lyman-Presidential-Moneybomb-schedule

trey4sports
05-11-2011, 08:26 AM

Gage is right. The "official" moneybomb calender that was put out by Trevor Lyman wont gain any traction.