PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Moneybomb Calendar!

qwerty
05-10-2011, 11:26 PM
* July 4th-5th - www.IndependenceDayBomb.com (two day moneybomb to cover Independence Day)
* July 19th or 26th - www.ReadyAmesFire.com (this moneybomb is not organized by us, final date to be announced)
* August 20th - www.RonPaulBirthdayBomb.com (happy birthday Ron Paul!)
* Sept. 17th - www.ConstitutionDayBomb.com (couple this event with the distribution of constitutions?)
* Nov 11th - www.VeteransDayBomb.com (during this event lets also focus on taking real actions to help our Veterans)
* Dec 16th - www.BostonTeaPartyBomb.com (let's take over the Tea Party once and for all)
* Jan 10th - www.CommonSenseMoneyBomb.com (celebrating the most popular pamphlet of the American revolution)
* Feb 21st - www.PresidentsDayBomb.com (here's to President Ron Paul)
* April 19th - www.RevolutionMoneyBomb.com (celebrating the anniversary of the "Shot Heard Round the World" and start of our revolution for independence)
* May 30th - www.MemorialDayBomb.com (honoring those who have fought for this nation)

MODERATOR NOTE: These money bomb sites are organized by a FOR PROFIT group. While there may or may not be a direct profit from the donations the e-mail addresses collected by the group have, in the past, been used in other for profit ventures. Some examples from 2009/2010 revenue included $4,050 from the Peter Schiff campaign, $24,400 from the Rand Paul campaign and $400 from the Adam Kokesh campaign.
Sources:
http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/expend.php?cycle=2010&cid=N00031276&type=I
http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/expend.php?cycle=2010&cid=N00030836&type=I
http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/expend.php?cycle=2010&cid=N00030944&type=I

IDefendThePlatform
05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I clicked on the July 4th bomb and the pledge site said 6/4 - 6/5. Typo?

Paul4Prez
05-10-2011, 11:33 PM
How about June 13th for the next debate day money bomb? Boost the second quarter numbers before the end of June....

Paul4Prez
05-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Go with July 21st for the ReadyAmesFire date -- anniversary of the moon landing.... a big countdown....

Gage
05-10-2011, 11:34 PM
None of these are actually going to happen, aside from a select few.

Pedro TT
05-11-2011, 01:52 AM
Why no 5th of November money bomb? That money bomb was the 2nd largest of the 2008 campaign.

pacodever
05-11-2011, 03:11 AM

So which are actually going to happen or is the discussion/coordination ongoing? Are these just place-holders? I think the earlier these dates are established the better. One a month is pushing it and waters down the effect of the "bomb." Once a quarter is more manageable for most people's budget's who plan on donating multiple times.

qwerty
05-11-2011, 04:40 AM

Are you coordinating this thing ?

If not, i think you are taking little bit too big role here...Voluntarism...

:rolleyes:

sadam
05-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Dont forget June 5th 2011 is the next money bomb. http://www.legalizegoldandsilver.com/

Already 3,143 pledges over $100.

There is also a facebook group Ron Paul MoneyBomb Legalize Gold & Silver

Nate-ForLiberty
05-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Are you coordinating this thing ?

If not, i think you are taking little bit too big role here...Voluntarism...

:rolleyes:

why should we follow Trevor Lyman just because he thinks he can co-opt the will of the grassroots?

PaulConventionWV
05-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Dont forget June 5th 2011 is the next money bomb. http://www.legalizegoldandsilver.com/

Already 3,143 pledges over $100.

There is also a facebook group Ron Paul MoneyBomb Legalize Gold & Silver

People need to stop pushing this moneybomb. It's a terrible idea because it's far too soon. How do you not realize this??

Agorism
05-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I agree. That money bomb sounds like a terrible idea.

Roxi
05-11-2011, 10:08 AM
why should we follow Trevor Lyman just because he thinks he can co-opt the will of the grassroots?

Awww give Trevor a chance, he's a really good guy.

Nate-ForLiberty
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Awww give Trevor a chance, he's a really good guy.

I don't doubt he's a good guy. And we did give him plenty of chances last year, in which he did very well.

I'm just trying to understand what the heck he's doing now'

qwerty
05-11-2011, 12:30 PM
From dailypaul:

Submitted by Trevor Lyman on Tue, 05/10/2011 - 20:03.

There is no cut of these moneybombs. The campaign is not giving us anything to do this and we have no connection with the campaign.

There are no "official" moneybombs. Only those thrown by supporters.

Submitted by Trevor Lyman on Tue, 05/10/2011 - 20:33.

I can only answer this so many times. We are not taking any money at all. I don't know what else to say.

Submitted by Trevor Lyman on Tue, 05/10/2011 - 20:15.

We do have costs but we have a donate button on the site where people can give to us to help cover them if they choose to do so.

We don't do anything with the exploratory committee. We have zero involvement with the campaign and will receive zero monies from the campaign. This is just the same as it was for Nov 5th 2007 and Dec 16th 2007 and so on.

Submitted by Trevor Lyman on Tue, 05/10/2011 - 20:04.

There is no middle man. Donate directly at RonPaul2012.com. Thanks.

http://dailypaul.com/164249/trevor-lyman-email-a-2012-moneybomb-caledar#comments

qwerty
05-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't doubt he's a good guy. And we did give him plenty of chances last year, in which he did very well.

I'm just trying to understand what the heck he's doing now'

Trevor Lyman Email: A 2012 Moneybomb Calendar
Submitted by ZMAN70 on Tue, 05/10/2011 - 16:50
in

Daily Paul Liberty Forum

18 votes

Ron Paul Needs Money Each Month To Win The Race - A 2012 MoneyBomb Calendar

LegalizeGoldAndSilver.com - June 5th Ron Paul Moneybomb

On June 5th, 1933 the U.S. Congress abolished the United States' use of the gold standard by enacting a joint resolution (48 Stat. 112) nullifying the right of creditors to demand payment of Federal Reserve notes in gold. Historically Gold, Silver and other precious metals have always maintained their value whereas paper/fiat currencies like the U.S. Federal Reserve note have not. Today, while the value of the paper Federal Reserve note plummets, it is illegal for Americans to use Gold, Silver or other precious metals as currency. Is this freedom? Ron Paul doesn't think so.

Please join us this June 5th in support of the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign for the "Legalize Gold And Silver" moneybomb. Please visit www.LegalizeGoldAndSilver.com to pledge (via email or facebook) and for more information.

Help us buy facebook ads to help promote this event.
Click here for more information.

Learning from the past

On November 5th, 2007 our community raised $4.3 million dollars for Ron Paul's campaign. The media blitz that ensued afterwards was epic. Six weeks later we held another moneybomb on Sunday, Dec. 16th and raised $6.1 million dollars in a single day. The media barely covered the story. Additionally in the weeks of the build up to the Dec. 16th moneybomb (a six week time span from Nov 5th to Dec 16th) the campaign sent out an email asking for money NOW rather than later, six weeks was too long to wait. As a result we set up the moneybomb called "Rudy's Reading List" as a middle ground to help get cash to the campaign right away.

The lessons we should take from this are twofold.

1.) While money raised during moneybomb's will always get press the excitement of the story is not as strong as it was during the moneybomb's first appearance. So rather than going for a flash in the pan big money bomb we need to adopt a "sure and steady wins the race" approach. Especially considering the fact that...

2.) The campaign needs money every month.

As a solution to the lessons learned from the past we are rolling out a monthly moneybomb calendar for the Ron Paul campaign during the 2011-12 presidential race. Yes, we should strive to raise as much money as we can during each event and I do believe we can reach the ten million per month mark before too long (perhaps even more), but more importantly we need to give the campaign a constant flow of money to work with. Consider all the media buys and event planning they must do. Having random fundraising events that are spaced at odd intervals will make their task much more difficult, whereas a steady flow of money from us will allow them to plan and predict according to perceived capabilities. Steady money each month will help the campaign run more efficiently and effectively during the election cycle.

Below is a list of the moneybomb pages we have so far (a few more to be added shortly). We welcome your feedback and may change dates based on your input (nothing is set in stone). Currently we have placeholder graphics at each of these web pages. We will add full graphics shortly. In the meantime please pledge to the efforts you will be supporting as the pledge boxes are live. We will report the number of pledges as they come in.

July 4th-5th - www.IndependenceDayBomb.com (two day moneybomb to cover Independence Day)
July 19th or 26th - www.ReadyAmesFire.com (this moneybomb is not organized by us, final date to be announced)
August 20th - www.RonPaulBirthdayBomb.com (happy birthday Ron Paul!)
Sept. 17th - www.ConstitutionDayBomb.com (couple this event with the distribution of constitutions?)
Nov 11th - www.VeteransDayBomb.com (during this event lets also focus on taking real actions to help our Veterans)
Dec 16th - www.BostonTeaPartyBomb.com (let's take over the Tea Party once and for all)
Jan 10th - www.CommonSenseMoneyBomb.com (celebrating the most popular pamphlet of the American revolution)
Feb 21st - www.PresidentsDayBomb.com (here's to President Ron Paul)
April 19th - www.RevolutionMoneyBomb.com (celebrating the anniversary of the "Shot Heard Round the World" and start of our revolution for independence)
May 30th - www.MemorialDayBomb.com (honoring those who have fought for this nation)

All moneybombs will include a live all day radio marathon with distinguished hosts and guests. Schedules to be announced. Up to three additional moneybomb dates may be announced.

In 2007-08, when we were much smaller, we held a few money bombs within a few months raising over fifteen million dollars. Now Ron Paul has won CPAC twice, CampaignForLiberty is over six hundred thousand strong and we can and must be a financial force to win. Remember, Barack Obama is planning on a billion dollar war chest this race. The time to get energized is NOW! Ron Paul has the best chance to beat Barack Obama this election cycle and he is also in the best position he has even been in to win the Republican nomination. Let's give the campaign a steady, monthly flow of cash and get as close to ten million per month as quickly as possible.

Please spread the word about this moneybomb and pledge today. Thank you for your support at this critical time in our nations history.

Sincerely,

Trevor Lyman

P.S. If you are a blogger and you make a blog post promoting this event please send me the link so I can include it in the next email blast.

http://dailypaul.com/164249/trevor-lyman-email-a-2012-moneybomb-caledar#comments

Nate-ForLiberty
05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Qwerty, pay attention buddy. I received the email myself and even started a thread with it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?292163-An-email-from-Trevor-Lyman-Presidential-Moneybomb-schedule

Paul4Prez
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
It looks like there will be a money bomb free-for-all, which I guess isn't so bad. If the June 5th bomb raises half a million, more power to them, and the same for the June 13th debate day money bomb. It would be nice to come to agreement on a few big dates though, and have them earlier in the year this time. Call the small ones mini-bombs and plan a few mega money bombs, every other month or once a quarter.