PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck starting to show his cards

Elwar
05-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I've been listening to bits of the Glenn Beck show recently and it sounds like he has something "big" that he's been working on that he'll be revealing soon.

He has shown his cards already though. Yesterday he wasn't in the studio because he was "out of the country". You can all guess which country he was in, sure enough...this morning he was able to patch in from his remote location in Israel. He spoke about how alone Israel is in the world and how much they need us. He said that next week he'll be "revealing" something, a conclusion he has come to from some epiphony.

My prediction. Glenn Beck completely throws away the whole notion of his saving America and having any link to the fake libertarian person he's been trying to portray the past two years since Obama was elected and he'll go right back to neo-con Glenn Beck and talk about how much we have to fight evil doers and save Israel.

He spoke about Israel in the same way that a liberal might talk about Rwanda or some third world country where they need American help or the poor people of the country will be left to die.

He is parting from the Tea Party, he is choosing to push his liberal foreign agenda.

realtonygoodwin
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
That is an interesting assessment...we will just have to wait and see!
I hope he endorses Ron Paul.

Brian4Liberty
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Beck wants to be a religious figure. He'll probably try to be the first Mormon on the 700 Club....or start his own Mormon 700 Club...

Maximus
05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
If anything Beck has been trending in the opposite direction of what you've been saying

COpatriot
05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
The love affair between the far right and Israel is grotesque. And Glenn Beck is pushing it even further. I just can't believe people still believe what I was raised to believe. That if we didn't always support Israel, gawd was gonna come down here and put a hurtin on our asses.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Watched the show for a little while today with some B string filler host.

I was unaware of this meme in the MSM that torture is now great because that's what got us the information to "take out" bin Laden.

I'm so far out of the mainstream, is that what is really being peddled?

God help us.

Eric21ND
05-10-2011, 09:07 PM
This obsession with Israel is just creepy.

The Dark Knight
Beck has come our way with the fed and Gold and even promoted Austrian economics and Hayek on one show ....so economically he is good. His foreign policy on the other hand has been wishy washy. I have heard him say that we need to cut the defense dept budget and that we should bring some troops home from countries where we don't need to be but he also says quite often that we need to "stand with Israel" whatever that means. If standing with Israel means they have a right to defend themselves then sure I stand with Israel too. If it means to fight wars for them then no I don't stand with Israel.

pcosmar

I was unaware of this meme in the MSM that torture is now great because that's what got us the information to "take out" bin Laden.

God help us.
Sadly, yes. That seems to be the "Take Away" from the Dog and Pony Show in Pakistan.

I would really love for Bin Laden's real 10 yr old grave to be made public about now.

Brian4Liberty
05-10-2011, 09:08 PM

God help us.

You are really out of it! ;) Yes, the right side of the mainstream media has been pushing since day one that Bin Laden would have never been found without "enhanced interrogation". Even more disturbing is that both the Left and Right sides of the MSM have unanimously determined that Pakistan knew exactly where he was, and was hiding him. Their proof: "how could it be any other way?"

This "Pakistan" fellow has to go...:rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
05-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Sadly, yes. That seems to be the "Take Away" from the Dog and Pony Show in Pakistan.

I would really love for Bin Laden's real 10 yr old grave to be made public about now.

That would be Epic.

You are really out of it! ;) Yes, the right side of the mainstream media has been pushing since day one that Bin Laden would have never been found without "enhanced interrogation". Even more disturbing is that both the Left and Right sides of the MSM have unanimously determined that Pakistan knew exactly where he was, and was hiding him. Their proof: "how could it be any other way?"

This "Pakistan" fellow has to go...:rolleyes:

I know, I really am, and I'm not kidding, I'm not posing with a fake air of bored ennui at the whole thing.

I really have removed myself from the MSM feedback loop and was genuinely startled that this is being promoted.

sarahdeez
05-10-2011, 09:19 PM
will be interesting to see what Beck is up to. I hold out hope for him bc he is so passionate. He may announce he is running for president. I would hope for a Paul endorsement but am afraid it is unlikely.

SWATH
05-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah if you remove yourself from the MSM for awhile then come back to, it really feels like being bludgeoned about the head and neck with propaganda.

klamath
05-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Are we taking about GJ or GB here. I get confused.

devil21
05-10-2011, 09:25 PM

God help us.

It's been admitted already that torture had NOTHING to do with OBL's (supposed) assassination!!! Why do people keep pushing this crap? It's a flat out lie.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/senate-intel-chair-torture-did-not-lead-to-bin-laden-in-any-way.php

More and more evidence suggests a key piece of intelligence -- the first link in the chain of information that led U.S. intelligence officials to Osama bin Laden -- wasn't tortured out of its source. And, indeed, that torture actually failed to produce it.

There's plenty of links stating this.

specsaregood
05-10-2011, 09:27 PM
He is in Israel and is gonna come back to announce something? Sounds like he is gonna run for President.

tropicangela
05-10-2011, 09:28 PM

Just saw this tweet. Did you get to see him on AF?

THEHermanCain Herman Cain
I will be on the Glenn Beck television program today at 5 p.m. EDT. Please tune in! #citizencain #tcot
13 hours ago

specsaregood
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
It's been admitted already that torture had NOTHING to do with OBL's (supposed) assassination!!! Why do people keep pushing this crap? It's a flat out lie.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/senate-intel-chair-torture-did-not-lead-to-bin-laden-in-any-way.php
There's plenty of links stating this.
pawlenty claimed so in the last debate and dr.paul off camera challenged him on it. but foxnews of course moved on quickly and didn't followup.

sirgonzo420
05-10-2011, 09:30 PM
He is in Israel and is gonna come back to announce something? Sounds like he is gonna run for President.

this

devil21
05-10-2011, 09:37 PM
pawlenty claimed so in the last debate and dr.paul off camera challenged him on it. but foxnews of course moved on quickly and didn't followup.

Was it Pawlenty? I thought it was Santorum.

eta: Yeah was T-paw, just googled. Thanks for info.

pcosmar
05-10-2011, 09:43 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/22/c2b59797-f752-42a1-acb9-4670e38c26e7.jpg

specsaregood
05-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Was it Pawlenty? I thought it was Santorum.

eta: Yeah was T-paw, just googled. Thanks for info.

Hrm, I just googled and saw people thinking it was santorum.
http://politicalcorrection.org/factcheck/201105060001#santorum

I wish we could find a transcript for that debate.

devil21
05-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Hrm, I just googled and saw people thinking it was santorum.
http://politicalcorrection.org/factcheck/201105060001#santorum

I wish we could find a transcript for that debate.

Got it:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54430.html

Pawlenty — who said he would support waterboarding terror suspects under certain circumstances — also said Obama should be challenged on his position on “enhanced” interrogation techniques.

“If it turns out that of the techniques that he criticized during the campaign led to bin Laden’s being identified and killed, he should be asked to explain whether he does or doesn’t support those techniques,” Pawlenty said.

Wait....shit is that not it either? Says "If". Fuck it I give up. I thought it was Santorum originally though.

specsaregood
05-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Got it:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54430.html
Wait....shit is that not it either? Says "If". Fuck it I give up. I thought it was Santorum originally though.

Yeah, I think you were correct, from that same link:

The GOP hopefuls who were on stage for the 90-minute debate barely engaged with each other — aside from a brief impromptu exchange between Paul and Santorum over harsh interrogation tactics. Paul, a libertarian, is strongly opposed to using waterboarding or enhanced interrogation techniques.

Carehn
05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Beck is a bible beating ninny. That said he may be coming around on some things. I don't expect him ever to stop being corny, Mormon, or stupid. All this is his to hold and i will 'fight to the death' for his right to do so. But remember, Beck is a stupid corny mormon with the best intentions and he always will be. He is faking any experiance he may have in the holy land and looking to come out with his 5 months in the making event. I hope its in support of something i like because that is not out of the range of possibility but so is the possibility of it being incredibly stupid.

Beck is a shit head.

specsaregood
05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Beck is a shit head.

That's just might be in the near future: President Shit Head to you, clearly the Israeli's have given their "ok".

Zatch
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I've been listening to bits of the Glenn Beck show recently and it sounds like he has something "big" that he's been working on that he'll be revealing soon.

He has shown his cards already though. Yesterday he wasn't in the studio because he was "out of the country". You can all guess which country he was in, sure enough...this morning he was able to patch in from his remote location in Israel. He spoke about how alone Israel is in the world and how much they need us. He said that next week he'll be "revealing" something, a conclusion he has come to from some epiphony.

My prediction. Glenn Beck completely throws away the whole notion of his saving America and having any link to the fake libertarian person he's been trying to portray the past two years since Obama was elected and he'll go right back to neo-con Glenn Beck and talk about how much we have to fight evil doers and save Israel.

He spoke about Israel in the same way that a liberal might talk about Rwanda or some third world country where they need American help or the poor people of the country will be left to die.

He is parting from the Tea Party, he is choosing to push his liberal foreign agenda.

Idk. He just had Scheuer on his radio and tv show recently. He doesn't usually have guests anymore on his tv show. He even gave Scheuer a good chance to explain his views on aid to Israel in the radio interview. I'm starting to think Glenn Beck is actually coming around but he just understands that if he goes full Ron Paul he will be rejected and thrown out of the national spotlight. You know the saying "only Nixon could go to China". I think he might be hanging around with guys like Hagee and hardcore neocons to boost his cred so he'll have a free pass to come out occasionally in support of libertarian views.

Elwar
05-10-2011, 10:53 PM
You know the saying "only Nixon could go to China". I think he might be hanging around with guys like Hagee and hardcore neocons to boost his cred so he'll have a free pass to come out occasionally in support of libertarian views.

I think you're right but in the opposite way. After 2008, seeing the Tea Party and libertarian swing of things he knew he had to get on their side to swing the party back to the neo-con right. It's been obvious since he went from neo-con in 2008 to this total transformation over the past three years to "come to our side".

I received a fortune cookie today that said "the easiest way to defeat your enemy is to first make him your friend". Beck must have gotten that cookie in 2008.

If he truly supported us, he wouldn't have gone after Medina in 2010 when his influence played a timely role. In the same way he went after Ron Paul just as Paul was gaining momentum in November 2007.

SWATH
05-10-2011, 10:58 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/2000/Joker-Cards--2413.jpg

The Dark Knight
05-10-2011, 10:58 PM
hey lets stop the anti mormon comments on here, I'm a Mormon and many Mormons like Ron Paul. Also Glenn Beck will not run for President.

nate895
05-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I think you're right but in the opposite way. After 2008, seeing the Tea Party and libertarian swing of things he knew he had to get on their side to swing the party back to the neo-con right. It's been obvious since he went from neo-con in 2008 to this total transformation over the past three years to "come to our side".

I received a fortune cookie today that said "the easiest way to defeat your enemy is to first make him your friend". Beck must have gotten that cookie in 2008.

If he truly supported us, he wouldn't have gone after Medina in 2010 when his influence played a timely role. In the same way he went after Ron Paul just as Paul was gaining momentum in November 2007.

What is with all the pessimism? Can't we have some hope?

Furthermore, Beck didn't have that large of a following in November of '07. The fact is that Beck's rhetoric has changed remarkably since '07, and even to a great degree from early last year.

AuH20
05-10-2011, 11:09 PM

The libertarian right is a small small contingent, which isn't even worth to pander to. Get this nonsense out of your head. Beck has an experienced an authentic conversion after delving into the works of Skousen, Hayek and Griffin. If he wanted to shift over large amount of viewers to the prime tenets of neoconservatism he would have been selling books of Irving Kristol and Leo Strauss on his site. You have to understand that ideas are bulletproof and that the illumination of such so-called "radical" ideas leaves an indelible mark on those who have been touched by them. There is no going "back", so to speak. I knew his motives were genuine as soon as I saw the literature he was endorsing on his website. It read like a catalog from JBS.

Elwar
05-10-2011, 11:10 PM
What is with all the pessimism? Can't we have some hope?

Furthermore, Beck didn't have that large of a following in November of '07. The fact is that Beck's rhetoric has changed remarkably since '07, and even to a great degree from early last year.

It's just the obviousness of it. "I just read this book and it completely changed my mind". "I'm in Israel and all I hear is people telling me that Israel is all alone". "Next week I will reveal something big".

The most revealing thing will be his guest list for next week. I'm willing to bet Ron Paul won't be on his show any time soon.

realtonygoodwin
05-10-2011, 11:15 PM
When will that guest list be revealed?

cindy25
05-10-2011, 11:45 PM
isn't beck going to endorse Huntsman?

Mach
05-11-2011, 12:13 AM
isn't beck going to endorse Huntsman?

He will endorse whoever Israel tells him to... or so it seems.

If he doesn't support Ron Paul, then all of his talk in the past is just doodley-squat... a giant set-up for his "new," big surprise.

cindy25
05-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Israel, or even BB, would not have one candidate; while they would be against Paul or Johnson they would probably be equally happy with Bachmann, Trump, Hillary, Kerry, Biden. as long as they are pro-war and pro-handout Israel could care less.

Bman
05-11-2011, 01:05 AM
This obsession with Israel is just creepy.

Whose obsession? I say it's about high time we have something to instantly change the conversation. Something to the effect "I fully respect Israel's sovereignty, what I find interesting is in the U.S. we have high unemployment, we have to get America back to work!." We need to focus on America. Change the topic if someone tries to take it elsewhere.

cindy25
05-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Whose obsession? I say it's about high time we have something to instantly change the conversation. Something to the effect "I fully respect Israel's sovereignty, what I find interesting is in the U.S. we have high unemployment, we have to get America back to work!." We need to focus on America. Change the topic if someone tries to take it elsewhere.

there is an obsession with Israel, just as there is an obsession with Cuba. both are caused by politicians pandering to small vocal minorities. and its nothing new, 100 years ago the USA Irish policy was irrational for the same reason

Bman
05-11-2011, 01:16 AM
there is an obsession with Israel, just as there is an obsession with Cuba. both are caused by politicians pandering to small vocal minorities. and its nothing new, 100 years ago the USA Irish policy was irrational for the same reason

Some of those obsessed people are here, just the ying to the yang. It's time to end the cycle. That's all I'm saying.

Joey Fuller
05-11-2011, 06:58 AM
crazy glenn beck.. now a full blown israeli firster

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/05/10/exclusive-video-glenn-at-the-garden-tomb/

acptulsa
05-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Glen Beck is doing his job. The only question is, what is that job? It seems increasingly clear that this job is to convince those who are sympathetic to us that it's possible to be a libertarian imperialist.

A principled stand? Come on. We're talking about Glen Beck, here.

WilliamC
05-11-2011, 07:27 AM
If Israel is really such a big special deal to some interests here in the USA then let them petition Congress to become the 51st State and have the debate.

Otherwise treat them like any other friendly foreign government should be treated.

Israel haters, Israel apologists, Israel lovers, it's all more than strange to me why those jews, christians, and muslims can't just agree to disagree about their religions and live in peace.

It's almost as if they actually enjoy their hatred of each other or something...I don't get it.

But what do I know, I'm just a faithless atheist so my opinion doesn't count I guess ;)

fisharmor
05-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Glen Beck is doing his job. The only question is, what is that job? It seems increasingly clear that this job is to convince those who are sympathetic to us that it's possible to be a libertarian imperialist.

No shit people, why'd it take over 40 posts before someone pointed this out?
He was hucking Hayek BEFORE he torpedoed Medina, if memory serves.
Given that the Beck hate took so long to get going, he's obviously doing his job well. If everyone's so ready to swallow his line, we're not as far away from endorsing a "libertarian" warmonger as I'd really like to be.

specsaregood
05-11-2011, 07:47 AM
If Israel is really such a big special deal to some interests here in the USA then let them petition Congress to become the 51st State and have the debate.

There is an old joke about that.....why would israel want to become a state where they would only get 2 senators when they can already have 10099 senators without becoming one. badabing!

AuH20
05-11-2011, 08:40 AM

Libertarian imperialist? That's an oxymoron. Beck has no interest in promoting imperialism. He has an emotional attachment to Israel is related to the 10th article of faith per Mormon founder Joseph Smith: “We [members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints] believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.”

AuH20
05-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Some of those obsessed people are here, just the ying to the yang. It's time to end the cycle. That's all I'm saying.

But by the very same token, we have a contingent among us that want to see Israel wiped off the map. This obsession cuts both ways. Let me clarify some things. I despise AIPAC. I really have no liking for liberal apostate jews in this country. But I will support Israel when they exercise their sovereignty.

acptulsa
05-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Libertarian imperialist? That's an oxymoron.

So is the concept of an anti-establishment Faux talking head.

Beck has no interest in promoting imperialism. He has an emotional attachment to Israel is related to the 10th article of faith per Mormon founder...

Or he has an emotional attachment to his Bentley, and wants to keep making the payments. I have a hard time figuring out which, myself. But then, I reserve my faith for more dependable Beings than men.

But by the very same token, we have a contingent among us that want to see Israel wiped off the map.

And imo, they're lousy libertarians too.

erowe1
05-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Libertarian imperialist? That's an oxymoron. Beck has no interest in promoting imperialism. He has an emotional attachment to Israel is related to the 10th article of faith per Mormon founder Joseph Smith: “We [members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints] believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.”

I'm not familiar with how different Mormons might interpret that, but it appears to me not to support an emotional attachment to the modern nation-state of Israel at all, and even to preclude recognizing that nation-state as biblical Israel. Is there something I'm missing here?

acptulsa
05-11-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm not familiar with how different Mormons might interpret that, but it appears to me not to support an emotional attachment to the modern nation-state of Israel at all, and even to preclude recognizing that nation-state as biblical Israel. Is there something I'm missing here?

Something that you are missing? You?

No, my friend.

Fredom101
05-11-2011, 09:07 AM
That is an interesting assessment...we will just have to wait and see!
I hope he endorses Ron Paul.

Would that even really be a good thing? Half of people who pay attention HATE Glenn Beck. Endorsements from TV pundits are way overrated imo.

AuH20
05-11-2011, 09:08 AM

That is why he is obsessing over the sanctity of Jerusalem.

acptulsa
05-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Would that even really be a good thing? Half of people who pay attention HATE Glenn Beck. Endorsements from TV pundits are way overrated imo.

Coming from Glen Beck, 'I love his financial policies but disagree with him on war' is the best endorsement anyone could hope for.

klamath
05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Israel, or even BB, would not have one candidate; while they would be against Paul or Johnson they would probably be equally happy with Bachmann, Trump, Hillary, Kerry, Biden. as long as they are pro-war and pro-handout Israel could care less.
Where do you come up with this on them not supporting Johnson. Johnson openly states on his website he would take the US to war defending Israel. GB is anti nation building, GJ is against nation building. GB thinks we can cut the defence budget, GJ thinks we can cut the defence budget, GB thinks we should go to war defending Israel, GJ thinks we should go to war defending Israel.

jmdrake
05-11-2011, 09:16 AM

God help us.

Dude, that's been all over RPF. Just how "unplugged" have you been? :p

That said this is why politics alone won't win the game. People need to know the truth about terrorism. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but many others at RPF don't get it.

realtonygoodwin
05-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Coming from Glen Beck, 'I love his financial policies but disagree with him on war' is the best endorsement anyone could hope for.

Sure, last time. Lately (since the death of OBL) he has been talking far more non-interventionistly.

JamesButabi
05-11-2011, 11:20 AM
He is running for VP under Herman Cains ticket.

Koz
05-11-2011, 11:23 AM

I think you are right on.

Elwar
05-16-2011, 11:45 AM
And....Glenn Beck proves the skeptics right...

We are all Israelis now...at least, Glenn Beck wishes..

http://www.salon.com/news/israel/?story=/politics/war_room/2011/05/16/glenn_beck_jerusalem

lester1/2jr
05-16-2011, 02:37 PM
never trusted this guy. appreciated his stuff w/ various elements of the liberty movement buy this comes as no surprise.

Billay
05-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Nobody cares about Glen Beck anymore. His radio show in Kansas City got pulled do to low ratings.

COpatriot
05-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Beck is the lowest form of crustacean.

BlackTerrel
05-16-2011, 09:39 PM
hey lets stop the anti mormon comments on here, I'm a Mormon and many Mormons like Ron Paul. Also Glenn Beck will not run for President.

I ran out of rep but +1

YumYum
05-16-2011, 09:50 PM
No brainer. Beck said some things about Zionism, and Jews are now accusing him of being anti-semitic. He is sucking up to them because he doesn't want to end up like Rick Sanchez. The guy is repulsive.

Carehn
05-16-2011, 09:55 PM
No brainer. Beck said some things about Zionism, and Jews are now accusing him of being anti-semitic. He is sucking up to them because he doesn't want to end up like Rick Sanchez. The guy is repulsive.

Totally. Its hard to watch him cling to anyone. The whole back to god thing worked for a bit but lost people when they found there to be no substance to it. Its all he knows i think. Bet at some point on his way back to the bottom he endorses Ron Paul, like a fish gulping air.

devil21
05-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Did his "big announcement" happen yet?

JohnEngland
05-17-2011, 02:02 AM
Did his "big announcement" happen yet?

Yeah. And it's pretty lame. I've nothing against Israel (neither here nor there) but Beck's latest idea is... well, I just ask myself, "What's the point?" Basically, it's this:

Glenn Beck is hosting another rally like this 8/28 one in Washington DC. This time, however, it will be in Jerusalem. He claims that God wants him to do it. Personally, I think he's a bit... wrong... to assume that people will come this time. It's nothing to do with American politics, nothing to do with the debt, overbearing government, 10th amendment, civil liberties, anything.

Really though, I just don't understand many Americans' love affair with Israel... Well, I think I do, but the problem is it's almost jingoism for another country. I can understand wanting all the historical monuments and artifacts preserved, but these people's "love" for Israel goes too far IMO...

cindy25
05-17-2011, 02:26 AM
it will flop, mainly because its a logistical nightmare. Israel could not handle that many tourists at one time, and I don't see the locals turning out.

Koz
05-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Yeah I don't get it.

On another note, I thought yesterday or the day before I heard him say that the US shouldn't give Israel money and they shouldn't back them militarily, but they should recognize thier right to be a sovereign nation (paraphrasing). Did anyone else hear this, or am I making this up?

sirgonzo420
05-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Yay!

Anybody here going to the Glenn Beck Worship Israel Festival?

Jews first!

payme_rick
05-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Yeah I don't get it.

On another note, I thought yesterday or the day before I heard him say that the US shouldn't give Israel money and they shouldn't back them militarily, but they should recognize thier right to be a sovereign nation (paraphrasing). Did anyone else hear this, or am I making this up?

Yah, he's said something along those lines recently... But the weather changes often in that man's head...

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-17-2011, 07:29 AM

I guess the question is, how can we as a nation form an agenda that isn't a material one? You know, a reason established on something so solid that we won't fall apart if the enemy happens to blow up all our pretty skylines of skyscrapers? Meanwhile, American soldiers die for reasons more important than their own precious lives while the rest of us squabble over a limited supply of dinosaur crap (oil and gas).
So, for what reason are you willing to give up everything you own to live under a bridge? We have been fed by a federal commercial media lots of misinformation (with these being many reasons) in order to lose focus.

payme_rick
05-17-2011, 07:43 AM
More Allen West love on the GB program right now... Obviously Beck won't be endorsing Ron Paul any time soon, seeing as he's begging West to run...

Koz
05-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Yah, he's said something along those lines recently... But the weather changes often in that man's head...

True, but I was shocked to hear that from him. It seemed sensible to me and Beck is rarely sensible on foreign policy.

wizardwatson
05-17-2011, 07:58 AM
I was unaware of this meme in the MSM that torture is now great because that's what got us the information to "take out" bin Laden. I'm so far out of the mainstream, is that what is really being peddled? God help us.

Man, I caught a chunk of the Dennis Miller show yesterday and he was ranting about how waterboarding and other techniques are "moral" in his mind. Saying that if you don't do it, and risk lives because perhaps a terrorist knows where a bomb is then you are "immoral" for not using enhanced interrogation techniques (which I call torture).

Why don't we just take this messed up logic even further down the medieval road and disembowel high level targets and fry their entrails while they are still alive live on Al Jazeera, because not doing that might risk lives since terrorists who see it might not change their mind about the next attack.

It's just stupid. If you are merciless with the enemy then you have no moral high ground to condemn terrorist tactics.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Man, I caught a chunk of the Dennis Miller show yesterday and he was ranting about how waterboarding and other techniques are "moral" in his mind. Saying that if you don't do it, and risk lives because perhaps a terrorist knows where a bomb is then you are "immoral" for not using enhanced interrogation techniques (which I call torture).

Why don't we just take this messed up logic even further down the medieval road and disembowel high level targets and fry their entrails while they are still alive live on Al Jazeera, because not doing that might risk lives since terrorists who see it might not change their mind about the next attack.

It's just stupid. If you are merciless with the enemy then you have to moral high ground to condemn terrorist tactics.

These characters are not philosophers in the scientific theory of natural law, the process which our nation was established upon, but they are sophisticated entertainers in the art of distracting people away from that philosophy.

doodle
05-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Cards, cards...and more cards.

Repost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05YVW1NsOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05YVW1NsOk

If he was trying to prove something to his critics, his antics still sounds strange.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110228/pl_ac/7961694_glenn_beck_continues_antisemitic_speech_sh ould_be_fired_by_rupert_murdoch_1

COpatriot
05-17-2011, 08:42 AM
In a desperate attempt to salvage his waning audience, Beck is trying to appeal to everyone he can. Last week it was us, and now he's lunging at the hard right Christian rapture nuts. He is NOT a libertarian as he would have you believe.

AuH20
05-17-2011, 08:45 AM
In a desperate attempt to salvage his waning audience, Beck is trying to appeal to everyone he can. Last week it was us, and now he's lunging at the hard right Christian Zionists and rapture nuts. He is NOT a libertarian as he would have you believe.

He's always been a supporter of Israel or more specifically Jerusalem. It ties into his religion. I don't think he's posturing for anything.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-17-2011, 10:20 AM
He's always been a supporter of Israel or more specifically Jerusalem. It ties into his religion. I don't think he's posturing for anything.

Secularly speaking, if you are a Buddhist, you don't say anything bad about being a Hindu. Why? Well, the reason being that Buddha himself was a Hindu.
Yet, while Budda had at the time the authority of God to say, do and will whatever he so desired to say, do, or will, The Buddha determined the ultimate solution to be, according to a philosophy he created, the death of Hinduism by way of sticking it back into the womb and putting it to death.
So, Hinduism had two choices, either it could follow after Buddha as their religion dictated, or they could choose to ignore him.
As this secular paradox exists in Hinduism and Buddhism, so it exists in Judaism and Christianity. Secularly speaking, it is Christian suicide, politically speaking, to mention anything having to do with being Jewish. One should avoid the topic altogether.
But, let's not forget the reason the issue is a conflict. As Judaism is the worship of oneself as a Jew, Christianity is the worship of oneself as a worthless member of the multitude (the nation). As a Jewish person is family oriented and somewhat selfish in that capacity, a Christian accepts themselves as more of a outsider and Gentile and thus a member of the overall state and nation.
Still, it is best to keep quiet about this topic altogether. Always remember this unwritten political rule. As Christ himself was a Jew, secularly speaking, it is political Christian suicide to speak negatively about Judaism and family.

Brian4Liberty
05-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Man, I caught a chunk of the Dennis Miller show yesterday and he was ranting about how waterboarding and other techniques are "moral" in his mind.

Yep, the neo-conservatives have been going on about this non-stop.

Here's the explanation: ;)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?292275-Neo-conservative-Enhanced-interrogation-S-amp-M-fun

A Son of Liberty
05-17-2011, 10:59 AM

It's just stupid. If you are merciless with the enemy then you have no moral high ground to condemn terrorist tactics.

It might be startling to Dennis for him to find out that he's a collectivist, then. Maybe not, though, because his whole shift to the quote-unquote right was a consequence of his reaction to September 11th. As I understand it, Dennis is also *kind of* a tax hawk... I've heard him talk about being entitled to what he makes... But that of course is contradictory to his policy regarding torture, though he lacks the capacity to recognize it.

What consequence is one man in the face of the needs of the many, Dennis, right? Hand over your money - we don't care how hard-earned it is. We NEED it. Just like we NEED the information to be gleened from torture.

Buffoons.