PDA

View Full Version : Wild Animal Repo or Wild Animal Theft?

cindy25
05-10-2011, 07:41 PM
there is a new show on Discovery, which I have not watched, titled Wild Animal Repo.

Repo would indicate repossession where a legal owner takes back his property (cars, etc) from an unpaid loan.

but from the description this is a guy stealing other peoples animals.

thoughts?

Agorism
05-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Seems over the top in my opinion unless it's some sort of prize horse or an animal worth some real money. I don't see the point of taking the house cat though.

belian78
05-10-2011, 07:50 PM
I watched a few episodes, they go in and relocate exotics like tigers n monkeys n bears etc.. The premise is that the sanctuaries either have went bankrupt or have unhealthy environments for the animals.

I wondered if what they were doin was legal too, but on a couple occasions they brought in the sheriffs, so I imagine they aren't just stealing the animals.

Brian4Liberty
05-10-2011, 07:58 PM
The Police just shoot real wild (free) animals. Those wild animals never respect their authoritay.

belian78
05-10-2011, 08:00 PM
LOL.. The cops were brought in because townsfolk would try to stop the relocations. The main guy spoke of having folk show up with guns n such, trying to run them off.

pcosmar
05-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I wondered if what they were doin was legal too, but on a couple occasions they brought in the sheriffs, so I imagine they aren't just stealing the animals.

:confused::confused:

No TV, Haven't seen the show.
but, the quoted statement does not make sense.
Does not correlate with reality.

Vessol
05-10-2011, 08:09 PM
If the government steals something, it isn't theft.

belian78
05-10-2011, 08:11 PM

Point taken, but my understanding is that they have it worked out with the owners to relocate their animals. I could be wrong of course.

Dr.3D
05-10-2011, 08:14 PM

I almost blew a fuse with that quote too.
Since when does having the sheriff help with a robbery make it legal?

cindy25
05-10-2011, 08:22 PM
to paraphrase Jimmy Stewart, in Shenandoah,
son: what does confiscate mean?
Stewart ; steal

belian78
05-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Point taken, but my understanding is that they have it worked out with the owners to relocate their animals. I could be wrong of course.

Just going to leave this here, seems it may have been missed. I don't think that Discovery would risk the backlash doing a show around a guy that steals animals from peoples property.

Dr.3D
05-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Just going to leave this here, seems it may have been missed. I don't think that Discovery would risk the backlash doing a show around a guy that steals animals from peoples property.

It wasn't missed by me, I'm getting kind of slow with my typing. Old farts are like that. You had posted that just before I was finished with my post. :)

Vessol
05-10-2011, 08:33 PM
I almost blew a fuse with that quote too.
Since when does having the sheriff help with a robbery make it legal?

Do not question the law, mundane.

By government fiat, all government agents are free from morality.

Rape is love.
Taxation is freedom.
Murder is liberty

Dr.3D
05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Do not question the law, mundane.

By government fiat, all government agents are free from morality.

Rape is love.
Taxation is freedom.
Murder is liberty

And theft is charity.

Vessol
05-10-2011, 08:37 PM
And theft is charity.

Yes!

If I point a gun at someone and take their money, I am a good person if I give a few pennies to the begger as I passby.

belian78
05-10-2011, 08:38 PM
It wasn't missed by me, I'm getting kind of slow with my typing. Old farts are like that. You had posted that just before I was finished with my post. :)

Believe me, I understand. LOL

But yeah, it could be that they are stealing the animals and claiming 'for the good of the animals' I haven't really looked into it. If that's what it really is I'll be right there with everyone condemning the show.

Vessol
05-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Believe me, I understand. LOL

But yeah, it could be that they are stealing the animals and claiming 'for the good of the animals' I haven't really looked into it. If that's what it really is I'll be right there with everyone condemning the show.

Kinda like how they busted the cock fighting guy and in the process ran over and killed all the chickens they meant to save. With a tank.

BUT THEY CARE ABOUT THE ANIMALS!

belian78
05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Not sure that would make for good tv, running over tigers with tanks.

pcosmar
05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
If that's what it really is I'll be right there with everyone condemning the show.

I didn't condemn the show. I said I had never seen it.
I was just questioning the concept of armed and uniformed men making a possible theft somehow justified.

belian78
05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
I didn't condemn the show. I said I had never seen it.
I was just questioning the concept of armed and uniformed men making a possible theft somehow justified.

Completely understand, but I didn't say the LEO'S were there assisting or justifying any more than keeping the people filming from being accosted by townsfolk.

Dr.3D
05-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Completely understand, but I didn't say the LEO'S were there assisting or justifying any more than keeping the people filming from being accosted by townsfolk.

LOL, if it was a theft and the townsfolk who were trying to stop it were restrained by the LEO's, the LEO's would be assisting in the theft. :D

pcosmar
05-10-2011, 09:21 PM

You mean the Constitutional Militia. (normal people with guns)
From the description given (I said I hadn't seen it) and this thread is all I am basing it on.

The people filming were the ones removing animals, and against the will of local folks.
It sounds like the police were protecting the thieves from the local residents.

It seems backwards to me.

pcosmar
05-10-2011, 09:24 PM
LOL, if it was a theft and the townsfolk who were trying to stop it were restrained by the LEO's, the LEO's would be assisting in the theft. :D

You see it too. :eek:

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/cute-puppy-pictures-its-real-right-you-see-it-too-right.jpg

Dr.3D
05-10-2011, 09:25 PM
You see it too. :eek:

Yeah, does that mean I get a treat? :p

pcosmar
05-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah, does that mean I get a treat? :p

I think we get put on a list.
:(
:cool:

chameleontat
05-11-2011, 04:23 PM
The whole WAR show is fiction portrayed as reality to push the Anti-Exotic Animal agenda, here are some links to the true story, follow the hyperlinks too may:http://www.rexano.org/REPO_Tigers.htm and January with more lies attempted (videos have been removed) http://www.rexano.org/REPO.htm

IBleedNavyAndOrange
05-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I watched 1 episode.

It this episode they relocated 3 different sets of animals; bears, monkeys and tigers.

In each case they claimed they were removing the animals from one place to take them to an animal sanctuary.

Bears: owner of the place couldn't afford to keep the place open and was not getting enough donations to supplement the difference. 2 dozen-ish bears transported to Colorado(?)

Monkeys: owner wasn't properly upkeeping the monkeys and the employees of the place did their part to help the animals. 3 years with no veterinary check ups and not being consistently fed was the employees beef. Plus if you saw the condition of the place, it was obvious the 30ish monkeys were given a death sentence.

Tigers: 6 tigers in all, 2 were white. The place was in disrepair. The owners were no longer physically able to care of them.

In no case did the editing show theft or burglary or any bad/ questionable behavior by anyone involved.