PDA

View Full Version : Can C4L put money into Iowa straw Poll organizing?

Agorism
05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Is this legal and how much money do they have right now?

trey4sports
05-10-2011, 07:12 PM
I dont think they can. They can't endorse anyone particular candidate

The Dark Knight
05-10-2011, 08:12 PM
they can do the same thing they did at CPAC. set up a booth and pass out propaganda.

Agorism
05-10-2011, 10:29 PM
they can do the same thing they did at CPAC. set up a booth and pass out propaganda.

They paid for tickets at CPAC. Why can't they pay for buses?

Liberty_Mike
05-10-2011, 10:40 PM
They paid for tickets at CPAC. Why can't they pay for buses?

Yeah, good point! I assume they would be able to provide busses, transportation, tickets, etc, but wouldn't be allowed to "endorse" a candidate. I'm not positive about that, but it seems like they would be allowed to do that since they have performed similar activities in the past (ex. CPAC tickets).

speciallyblend
05-10-2011, 10:45 PM
I dont think they can. They can't endorse anyone particular candidate

flat out no, i had to be careful how i worded this thread here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?291933-Colorado-Campaign-For-Liberty-Links&highlight=colorado+links cfl cannot endorse or anyone working for cfl cannot endorse a candidate openly from what i learned from our cfl leader!!

speciallyblend
05-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah, good point! I assume they would be able to provide busses, transportation, tickets, etc, but wouldn't be allowed to "endorse" a candidate. I'm not positive about that, but it seems like they would be allowed to do that since they have performed similar activities in the past (ex. CPAC tickets).

there might be away around what your saying but i am not 100% sure!!

Liberty_Mike
05-10-2011, 10:48 PM
there might be away around what your saying but i am not 100% sure!!

Cool. If there is a way CFL could help out by providing funding for bussing/tickets, that would be awesome!!

Agorism
05-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Well no reason for Paul campaign to pay for buses if C4L can have a booth there and set up buses as well. Or maybe he would need just less buses.

Elwar
05-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Ummm...can't C4L just pay to bus C4L members in Iowa to go to the straw poll?

That's what they did for CPAC.

Are there a lot of Romney supporters in C4L?