PDA

View Full Version : Automatic donations?

TRIGRHAPPY
05-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Trevor Lyman tweeted the idea of monthly moneybombs to give RP a constant, steady supply of money.

Is there some way to set up automatic donations to RPs campaign? For instance, I would be willing to donate $100 a month, but rather than do it manually once a month I would like to make it automatically debited every month.

On a larger scale, I think if many contributors did this, it would give RP a consistant, reliable supply of campaign funds. We could also synchronize these payments to have a single day each month that massive campaign funds would come in. I'm not against picking a "special" day every month for a moneybomb, but i think that looks gimmicky in short order. Not to mention, I'm sure the consistent donations every month would be greatly appreciated by the campaign. As it is, they have no idea how much any particular moneybomb will bring in. With the automatic donations they will have a very good idea of how much it will bring in.....so the RP campaign team can spend, budget, and plan accordingly.

dannno
05-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Actually a lot of campaign websites are setup to do monthly donations that last throughout the campaign.

Right now RonPaul2012.com is not setup for that, but I don't think it would be very difficult to implement.

I might get in trouble for this, but the only place I can see to contact the website designer/hosting company is info@cando.com

You might send them an email, I've also put the request in directly to them through one of my contacts.

tekkierich
05-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Trevor Lyman tweeted the idea of monthly moneybombs to give RP a constant, steady supply of money.

Is there some way to set up automatic donations to RPs campaign? For instance, I would be willing to donate $100 a month, but rather than do it manually once a month I would like to make it automatically debited every month.

On a larger scale, I think if many contributors did this, it would give RP a consistant, reliable supply of campaign funds. We could also synchronize these payments to have a single day each month that massive campaign funds would come in. I'm not against picking a "special" day every month for a moneybomb, but i think that looks gimmicky in short order. Not to mention, I'm sure the consistent donations every month would be greatly appreciated by the campaign. As it is, they have no idea how much any particular moneybomb will bring in. With the automatic donations they will have a very good idea of how much it will bring in.....so the RP campaign team can spend, budget, and plan accordingly.

I agree with everything you have said 110%

trey4sports
05-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, i like the idea. In fact, i believe its been floated around before. The suggestion needs to be brought up to the campaign staff not the web-design team.