PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul begins organizing for Iowa Straw Poll

sailingaway
05-10-2011, 05:13 PM
http://www.radioiowa.com/2011/05/10/ron-paul-begins-organizing-for-iowa-straw-poll/

completely irrelevant to the straw poll:

Paul went to the statehouse this afternoon to meet privately with House Republicans who are debating property tax reform proposals. Paul, who climbed two flight of stairs rather than take an elevator to get to a House leader’s private office, is 75 years old and if he is elected president Paul would be 77 on inauguration day.

“You know, I don’t think in those terms and I’m not sure that people do. But I think they look more for the ideas, you know,” Paul said. “I think the age is insignificant as compared to how young and exuberant the ideas are.”

Paul joked that no one really knows how old he is because he “fibs” all the time about his age. And he rejected the idea John McCain’s age was a factor in the 2008 election.

trey4sports
05-10-2011, 05:24 PM
I bet Ron is in top-shape

KramerDSP
05-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I bet Ron is in top-shape

I would guess he is healthier right now than either Bush 41, Clinton (fatty foods), Bush 43 (alcohol), or Obama (cigarettes).

QueenB4Liberty
05-10-2011, 05:56 PM
He rides bikes and goes on walks! Of course he is healthy!

Agorism
05-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Can C4L consider dumping their war chest into this thing?

Seems like they should go all out to me for busing and organizing.

Wren
05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Still has those cookies that he needs to look out for :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8DvivnBH0&feature=channel_video_title

trey4sports
05-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Can C4L consider dumping their war chest into this thing?

Seems like they should go all out to me for busing and organizing.

Don't think that is within their scope. They cannot endorse any particular candidate.

Agorism
05-10-2011, 07:12 PM
They can bus people into CPAC though?

Tinnuhana
05-10-2011, 07:15 PM
The way C4L can help is by educating people on how to organize locally and by advertising the issues, like Audit the Fed. If people hear about these issues and then hear Ron in a debate or interview, they'll connect the dots.

trey4sports
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
They can bus people into CPAC though?

I dont believe they bussed people into CPAC. Secondly, they bought bulk tickets to CPAC and sold them at a discounted rate. There was no preferential treatment for supporters of one candidate or the other.

Agorism
05-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I dont believe they bussed people into CPAC. Secondly, they bought bulk tickets to CPAC and sold them at a discounted rate. There was no preferential treatment for supporters of one candidate or the other.

Obviously they could not tell people who to vote for. I knew that but I don't state obvious.

But ya you're right they didn't pay for buses to CPAC now that I think about it. However, I don't see why they couldn't do so either.

rp08orbust
05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Obviously they could not tell people who to vote for. I knew that but I don't state obvious.

But ya you're right they didn't pay for buses to CPAC now that I think about it. However, I don't see why they couldn't do so either.

They could have. They reimbursed transportation costs to the 2010 SRLC.

Johnnymac
05-10-2011, 08:17 PM
ron will prob live longer than John McCain