PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Next Moneybomb - LegalizeGoldAndSilver ??

KramerDSP
05-10-2011, 03:28 PM
On the Twitter RP feed, I keep seeing something about a LegalizeGoldAndSilver moneybomb.
MODERATOR NOTE: This money bomb is organized by a FOR PROFIT group. While there may or may not be a direct profit from the donation the e-mail addresses collected by the group have, in the past, been used in other for profit ventures.

I also read something on these forums that some hard currency company was hosting this. I have some concerns that this does not appear to be grassroots initiated. If this does not have the full backing of the grassroots, I believe it may flop, but the media would use this as a sign that Ron's support is wavering. Does anyone else share my concerns? or can they clarify thing so I am not as concerned?

teacherone
05-10-2011, 03:34 PM
hmmm. good point.

i for one will not donate to a for-profit money bomb.

KramerDSP
05-10-2011, 03:43 PM
hmmm. good point.

i for one will not donate to a for-profit money bomb.

So it's a for-profit money bomb? Why are we allowing this to proceed? I don't want to say "kill all efforts", but I think the moneybomb concept must be grassroots initiated. Otherwise, it is not pure, and this "for-profit" moneybomb may kill off any momentum for the REAL moneybombs (July 4th or what-have-you-not).

We need to head this off and dissociate ourselves. Can you imagine the smears our enemies will use against us? "This was a for-profit moneybomb! These people are profitting off suckers!". We would not be able to get fence sitters to contribute to pure moneybombs like Bring The Troops Home or the 4th of July.

teacherone
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
there was a "mod-note" on the original money bomb thread.

maybe "for-profit" is the wrong language -- i think the company will sell our email addresses or something?

shit...talking out of my ass here. maybe someone else can jump in.

teacherone
05-10-2011, 03:46 PM
here:

http://legalizegoldandsilver.com/

MODERATOR NOTE: This money bomb site is organized by a FOR PROFIT group. While there may or may not be a direct profit from the donation the e-mail addresses collected WILL be used for future profit ventures. Please keep this in mind when spending your time to ask others to sign up.

I got an Email From Trevor L. already. June 5th is the next money bomb. I think they are really trying to maximize donations early. If you noticed in RP's emails he was asking people who are able to, to max out NOW, not wait to spread it out.

They need the cash NOW.

I know some of you will be pissed this was done without your planning, but hey, let's do our best to get him the maximum amount of cash we can as EARLY as possible.

spudea
05-10-2011, 04:50 PM
being a for profit group doesn't scare me, it doesn't mean they are looking to make huge money off us, in fact they are most likely operating at a loss.

they need ad revenue to maintain the promotional sites and spread the word.

This bomb is organized by Trevor Lyman and I trust him and If you've been with us since Nov 07 you should know why, and if you haven't, you need to trust your other RP supporters.

all donations are made at the official campaign website anyway. The promotional website is a place to send people for information about the money bomb and find educational videos and resources, and if you provide your email address you can receive email reminders and updates on the money bomb.

It also tracks popularity by counting the number of pledges as a way to measure our success in promoting the money bomb and getting people to donate.

KramerDSP
05-10-2011, 04:54 PM
being a for profit group doesn't scare me, it doesn't mean they are looking to make huge money off us, in fact they are most likely operating at a loss.

they need ad revenue to maintain the promotional sites and spread the word.

This bomb is organized by Trevor Lyman and I trust him and If you've been with us since Nov 07 you should know why, and if you haven't, you need to trust your other RP supporters.

I'm just seeking clarification. If I recall correctly, Lyman's group was the one that sold the e-mail database of everyone who signed up for "This November Fifth". From there, many supporters decided to not sign up or register for future money bombs, making it more difficult to gauge support for the bombs.

FWIW, on this forums, I have not seen much mention of the "GoldAndSilver" money bomb as opposed to discussion of either the July 4th moneybomb, the Ames Iowa money bomb, or the Bring The Troops Home moneybomb.

libertybrewcity
05-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I doubt this will turn into anything. If a few people donate then that is great. It won't receive any positive or negative media attention.

MRoCkEd
05-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm more interested in this "Ready, Ames, Fire" Moneybomb (http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=221469004546764) which seems to be more on target, and already gaining more ground.

However, this one is being organized by Trevor Lyman and will have a radio marathon and everything... I hope Ron doesn't get the wrong idea if it falls short.

pauladin
05-10-2011, 05:19 PM
i vote for the ready, ames, fire! money bomb. it ties into our first big goal, which is winning that straw poll. legalize gold and silver is a really boring money bomb theme.

tsai3904
05-10-2011, 05:20 PM
I doubt this will turn into anything. If a few people donate then that is great. It won't receive any positive or negative media attention.

Well on their website, they claim to have 3,128 supporters who have pledged to donate $100 or more. That's $300k plus right there as of today.

I'm skeptical though as to how they got that many supporters to pledge $100+ with so little advertising. This money bomb wasn't even mentioned until last week.

KramerDSP
05-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Whatever. Any funds raised by this moneybomb will be appreciated. I'm not here to sabotage it. It's just unusual that nobody here is talking about it all that much as opposed to the Ames Iowa moneybomb, et al.

spudea
05-10-2011, 05:31 PM
i vote for the ready, ames, fire! money bomb. it ties into our first big goal, which is winning that straw poll. legalize gold and silver is a really boring money bomb theme.

Lessons learned from 07-08 campaign teach we need monthly moneybombs. Its impossible for the campaign to plan effectively with sporadic cash hauls. Promoting one every month yeah its tough to come up with exciting themes that are incorporated into a relevate date for liberty during the month while also tying it into one of RP's key positions. Legalize gold and silver gets the job done. Notice on that website they promote the readyamesfire.com money bomb that isn't organized by them

Well on their website, they claim to have 3,128 supporters who have pledged to donate $100 or more. That's $300k plus right there as of today.

I'm skeptical though as to how they got that many supporters to pledge $100+ with so little advertising. This money bomb wasn't even mentioned until last week.

Leyman has been building his influence since 07 and has the contact lists to be a major promoter. This money bomb will be bigger than the debate day bomb easy.

C'mon guys, we got to stay unified, even if we don't all agree. One thing we should be able to agree on is RP needs all the money possible as fast as possible. No need to save up to donate to a specific moneybomb, donate as much as you can as soon as you can.

KramerDSP
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Notice on that website they promote the readyamesfire.com money bomb that isn't organized by them

Leyman has been building his influence since 07 and has the contact lists to be a major promoter. This money bomb will be bigger than the debate day bomb easy.

C'mon guys, we got to stay unified, even if we don't all agree. One thing we should be able to agree on is RP needs all the money possible as fast as possible, this saving up for future money bombs is hurtful to the campaign.

+Rep

Mods, delete this thread if you can. Thanks.

teacherone
05-11-2011, 06:22 AM
thanks for the answers spudea.

feel more comfortable about it now!