PDA

View Full Version : PPP Poll - National GOP Presidential Primary

tsai3904
05-10-2011, 09:36 AM
National (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/05/trump-collapses.html)
5/5 - 5/8
610 usual Republican primary voters
+/-4.0%

With Trump:

Huckabee 19%
Romney 18%
Gingrich 13%
Palin 12%
Paul 8%
Trump 8%
Bachmann 7%
Pawlenty 5%

Without Trump:

Romney 21%
Huckabee 20%
Gingrich 15%
Palin 14%
Paul 8%
Bachmann 7%
Pawlenty 6%

Without Huckabee and Trump:

Romney 24%
Gingrich 20%
Palin 17%
Paul 12%
Bachmann 8%
Pawlenty 8%

Without Palin and Trump:

Huckabee 24%
Romney 22%
Gingrich 20%
Bachmann 9%
Paul 8%
Pawlenty 7%

Without Huckabee, Palin and Trump:

Romney 28%
Gingrich 26%
Paul 12%
Bachmann 11%
Pawlenty 9%

sailingaway
05-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Sigh.

Ron's numbers went down as soon as they added Gingrich about 8 months ago. Before that he was consistently higher. Some people actually believe Gingrich is fiscally conservative.

TheState
05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Looking at the crosstabs, Ron gets crushed with women. His numbers with men are more than double what they are with women in each scenario.

Teaser Rate
05-10-2011, 10:08 AM
I don't think Gingrich can survive a long campaign, his baggage will eventually catch up to him.

However, I do believe that Cain and Pawlenty are going to experience a significant rise in the polls.

ChaosControl
05-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Seems absence of Huckleberry is the only thing that helps.

randolphfuller
05-10-2011, 10:14 AM
What is it about Dr. Paul that makes him run so poorly with women voters?

aclove
05-10-2011, 10:18 AM
If I had to guess, it's two things: 1.) They think he's too old. 2.) He runs on issues and discusses policy rather than depending on personality.

Maybe that's sexist, but I really wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is.

Teaser Rate
05-10-2011, 10:20 AM

My grossly overgeneralized guess would be the following; women tend to be more vain and less libertarian.

sailingaway
05-10-2011, 10:22 AM
If I had to guess, it's two things: 1.) They think he's too old. 2.) He runs on issues and discusses policy rather than depending on personality.

Maybe that's sexist, but I really wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is.

There has been a lot of polling on entitlements and women, even those not dependent on them, feel more like someday they may need them, and are more likely to be single heads of families. I think we need to get out that he is the only one with a plan to FUND medicare and social security, (and let younger folks voluntarily opt out). It is being spread as 'he wants to end it' which is different.

Liberty_Mike
05-10-2011, 10:23 AM
The more Republican primary polls like this that come out are more proof to me that Ron Paul is too good for the Republican party. These primary voters who are polled are all statists and like big government candidates. Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura (I) 2012 is the best route to go!

TheTyke
05-10-2011, 10:24 AM

Rand had this difficulty in KY too, though it balanced out a bit better towards the end. I am wondering if it is how we present the message... sometimes I think we need to emphasize how our ideas will HELP people, rather than the cold, logical reasoning. For example, various causes would say "help protect this creature" instead of "give government more power" - which is actually their goal. Perhaps we need to incorporate more emotion into our arguments.

TNforPaul45
05-10-2011, 10:43 AM
My grossly overgeneralized guess would be the following; women tend to be more vain and less libertarian.

Rather, that on the average, women tend to vote more with feelings and emotions, rather than thought. ON AVERAGE. That's why you see a lot of democratic female supporters.

(RPF ladies, please do not misconstrue my statement as an insult. You know of what I speak. . .)

RM918
05-10-2011, 10:51 AM
I've seen enough reactions from men shouting down Paul's ideas that they vote with just as much feelings and emotions as you guys are purporting women do. My first thought is abortion but then none of the other Repubs should be doing well with them either.

Brett85
05-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Where is Herman Cain?

trey4sports
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Looking at the crosstabs, Ron gets crushed with women. His numbers with men are more than double what they are with women in each scenario.

I dont see that as bad really. I think he can pickup the female vote with some great ads displaying his family-life and marriage as well as his previous profession delivering babies

I think 8% starting out is good nationally too. If we can win Iowa it will really catapult the campaign.

qh4dotcom
05-10-2011, 11:14 AM

Don't be surprised...black women, white women, hispanic women...all of them had a higher percentage than men of voting for Obama in the CNN exit poll.

Kregisen
05-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Here are some very interesting results:

age 18-29 Ron only got 10% of the vote (Huckabee got 30%???), but got 11% of the 30-45 age.

Ron is still struggling with both women and seniors...4% for each group.

dude58677
05-10-2011, 01:15 PM
This is why we are a republic and not a democracy. We need to take control of the GOP committee's including the RNC. We get delegates to nominate Ron Paul for the GOP and then we become members of the Electoral College. :collins:

One Last Battle!
05-10-2011, 01:20 PM
this is why we are a republic and not a democracy. We need to take control of the gop committee's including the rnc. We get delegates to nominate ron paul for the gop and then we become members of the electoral college. :collins:

"seize the apparatus of the state"

Flash
05-10-2011, 01:20 PM
The more Republican primary polls like this that come out are more proof to me that Ron Paul is too good for the Republican party. These primary voters who are polled are all statists and like big government candidates. Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura (I) 2012 is the best route to go!

I think Ron Paul/Baldwin would be a better option. We need someone like Baldwin who can appeal to the Christian Conservative crowd. While RP appeals to Moderates/Indies/Liberals.

Liberty_Mike
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I think Ron Paul/Baldwin would be a better option. We need someone like Baldwin who can appeal to the Christian Conservative crowd. While RP appeals to Moderates/Indies/Liberals.

Baldwin may seem like a better choice in terms of ideology that fits the libertarian/constitutional conservative mindset, but I think someone like Ventura has the name recognition and appeal that it would take to get a Ron Paul independent ticket credibility by the voters. Baldwin doesn't have the name recognition or credentials that Ventura has to attract people to an independent movement. Also, Ventura won a gubernatorial race as an independent, so he knows what it takes to run a campaign and win without the support of a major party.

trey4sports
05-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Baldwin may seem like a better choice in terms of ideology that fits the libertarian/constitutional conservative mindset, but I think someone like Ventura has the name recognition and appeal that it would take to get a Ron Paul independent ticket credibility by the voters. Baldwin doesn't have the name recognition or credentials that Ventura has to attract people to an independent movement. Also, Ventura won a gubernatorial race as an independent, so he knows what it takes to run a campaign and win without the support of a major party.

Ventura would KILL any chance we have at getting the nomination.

jrskblx125
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Wait women vote??? Who let them out of the laundry room?

Liberty_Mike
05-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Ventura would KILL any chance we have at getting the nomination.

Are you talking about the nomination of the Republican party? If so, I agree! However, my comment was a response to my original post where I said Ron Paul is too good for the Republican party and should run as an Independent.

trey4sports
05-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Are you talking about the nomination of the Republican party? If so, I agree! However, my comment was a response to my original post where I said Ron Paul is too good for the Republican party and should run as an Independent.

Then Ventura would kill us in the general IMHO. Ventura comes off kooky, and regardless of my view or your view of him, he's not a serious VP possibility.

silentshout
05-10-2011, 02:41 PM

I agree. I would love to see Ron with someone on an independent ticket. I just don't see republicans nominating him. They seem to prefer big government Republicans.

AuH20
05-10-2011, 02:43 PM

He's not an emasculated pussy.

blakjak
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Where is Herman Cain?

poll was taken before south carolina debate

devil21
05-10-2011, 03:36 PM

Ive heard things from Democrat women but nothing from Republican women. I think the GOP women are just voting with two things. Their eyes and their religions. This explains 1)Romney 2) Huckabee

I wish Ron would talk more about his baby delivering days, his family, and talk just a little more about his religion.

JamesButabi
05-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Maybe im in the minority here, but im not exactly dissapointed to have those numbers at this point. He is a top tier candidate.