PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Milk (and other flavors) may soon be a thing of the past in public schools

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-10-2011, 06:29 AM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/education/7409-chocolate-milk-on-school-menus-under-scrutiny

Noob
05-10-2011, 06:53 AM
It just keeps getting more and more retarded.

Fredom101
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Instead of debating the nuances of failed public schools, let's focus the debate on government-run education and why it's horrible and needs to be done away with. Otherwise this type of thing just goes on and on and nothing ever changes.

Pericles
05-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Yet another reason (as if I needed another one) to never allow my children to go to a public school.

Johnnymac
05-10-2011, 09:21 AM
I myself throughout my later years in middle school got off the Chocolate milk by switching to white milk then water, then in highschool was drinking whole milk then changed to lowfat milk...so if you think about this it could be good BUT ... BUT it is so completely wrong the Government should not be doing this the students like me though there parents should learn that they can make there own decisions in life and that yes chocolate miilk can be bad for you if your a sedentary being if your active like i was in my younger years (going outside playing with friends, as opposed to sitting on there ass playing halo or COD) chocolate milk wouldn't be bad for you. throughout the years of public school i remember just seeing the choices get thrown out the window and the prices skyrocket, damn public schools.

all in all governments should not be making choices for the schools !

ChaosControl
05-10-2011, 09:23 AM
What is wrong with removing it from school menus?

oyarde
05-10-2011, 09:30 AM
May be time for public schools to be a thing of the past .

Anya
05-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I went to private school until Junior year in HS when I decided to check out a public high school. Really do not like the public school system. I will be sending my kids to private school if I ever get back to the States. The on base military school they are at now is no better - and the lunch monitors tell my kids that they really shouldn't choose the chocolate or strawberry milk because it will make them fat ...

I never liked chocolate milk. Actually, I'm not into mass produced milk in general with the amount of blood and puss the FDA approves per gallon, even though I don't have much of a choice right now cuz Japanese milk tastes like milky water, I can't help but think of it every time I give into my milk craving.

Johnnymac
05-10-2011, 10:19 AM
What is wrong with removing it from school menus?
Why is Government Running Our Schools?

ChaosControl
05-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Why is Government Running Our Schools?
That is a different, bigger issue. But while there are public schools, I see nothing wrong with having less unhealthful food on the school menus.

dannno
05-10-2011, 10:50 AM
That is a different, bigger issue. But while there are public schools, I see nothing wrong with having less unhealthful food on the school menus.

I'd rather let the individual schools decide than have a top-down approach.

I have no problem with School A who bans chocolate milk in favor of a salad bar and grass-fed meats, I have a problem with the state mandating anything in particular because it will probably end up benefiting whoever is paying for their campaign.

specialkornflake
05-10-2011, 11:38 AM
It's true, the real problem is public schools overall, and the damage they do to children. I'd like to see raw milk in public schools, which, in contrast to dead, processed milk is actually good for you.

unklejman
05-10-2011, 01:23 PM
If I had a kid and for some reason sent them to the public school, I send them with a big vat of Ovaltine and tell them to come back with it filled with money. :D

Romulus
05-10-2011, 10:15 PM

Me either... its a positive to get the junk out of schools. The old adage crap in, crap out applies.

2young2vote
05-10-2011, 10:34 PM
It should be illegal to feed them anything other than energy paste.

Agorism
05-10-2011, 10:44 PM
I really hated milk in primary school so I could care less.

Wouldn't bother me.