PDA

View Full Version : Billionaire May Try to Legalize Medical Marijuana in Ohio

Zatch
05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
http://blogs.forbes.com/luisakroll/2011/05/03/billionaire-may-try-to-legalize-medical-marijuana-in-ohio/

guitarlifter
05-10-2011, 01:13 AM
What pisses me off about the government (among many things) is that, for every battle we win in gaining individual liberty, the government takes away infinitely more in liberty. We're struggling for decades to get ONE drug legalized under very strict restrictions while THOUSANDS of drugs are made illegal overnight. Spending goes up by hundreds of billions or even trillions per year, and what do we do? Make all social security checks turn into direct deposit, effectively saving ONE billion over TEN years. We need to go for the kill and push the issue of ending the war on drugs altogether or go even bigger. The larger the issues we press, the faster we can obtain our goals.

liberalrepublican
05-10-2011, 01:21 AM
It's a step in the right direction but the whole medical marijuana scam is bullshit. I don't need the government to tell me what I can or can't smoke. Even Prop 19 wasn't a very good prop, though I supported it. No government documents and no taxes on marijuana!

cornbread
05-10-2011, 01:53 AM
well,all i have to say is im in tennessee,i got busted by the drug task force last may,they came in my drive way one got out of the truck an headed up in my yard,i went out the door an one jump out of the truck with a badge an said drug task force,i laughed in his face,and i wanted to no what they want,they ask to search my house,i ask,do you have a warrant,he said no,i said you cant without a warrant ,he handcuffed me an they went in any way,and found some weed growing,then went an got a search warrant,im fighting in court,but the judge start the drug task forcewhen he was the da 20 years ago,and was on the board for 20 years,now he is the judge,so we a motion to suppress hearing,an the judge let them lie an change there store,an even answer for the officer,which is all illegal,they are trying to give me 8 to 30 years over some plants its all bullshit.i dont no which way to turn,if you dont have money or no the right people,they fuck you,so to all the smokers and growing,keep smoking and keep growing they cant lock us all up.

coastie
05-10-2011, 07:54 AM
well,all i have to say is im in tennessee,i got busted by the drug task force last may,they came in my drive way one got out of the truck an headed up in my yard,i went out the door an one jump out of the truck with a badge an said drug task force,i laughed in his face,and i wanted to no what they want,they ask to search my house,i ask,do you have a warrant,he said no,i said you cant without a warrant ,he handcuffed me an they went in any way,and found some weed growing,then went an got a search warrant,im fighting in court,but the judge start the drug task forcewhen he was the da 20 years ago,and was on the board for 20 years,now he is the judge,so we a motion to suppress hearing,an the judge let them lie an change there store,an even answer for the officer,which is all illegal,they are trying to give me 8 to 30 years over some plants its all bullshit.i dont no which way to turn,if you dont have money or no the right people,they fuck you,so to all the smokers and growing,keep smoking and keep growing they cant lock us all up.

Well good luck, and I sincerely hope for your case you don't talk like you write , just saying...

cornbread
05-10-2011, 09:10 AM
whats that suppose to mean,you got a problem with what or how i write.....

Koz
05-10-2011, 10:44 AM
It's a step in the right direction but the whole medical marijuana scam is bullshit. I don't need the government to tell me what I can or can't smoke. Even Prop 19 wasn't a very good prop, though I supported it. No government documents and no taxes on marijuana!

I hear that, I live in Ohio and I'll be voting YES though.

dannno
05-10-2011, 10:53 AM

You may think it's bullshit, but when the cops come to your house for growing cannabis, you show them your dr. recommendation and they turn around and leave to never come back instead of taking you to jail for several years it's a pretty good thing imo. See cornbread's post.

dannno
05-10-2011, 10:56 AM
So this guy is the owner of Progressive Auto Insurance?

I may have to switch over at some point.

Zatch
05-10-2011, 12:06 PM
No government documents and no taxes on marijuana!

Remember prohibition drives up prices. If marijuana were legalized it would probably be a lot cheaper than it is now even if it was heavily taxed.

cornbread
05-11-2011, 12:39 AM
i would not worry about price,i grow my on,but i understand what u r saying,its not a war on drugs,its a war on its citizen.you no its like,dont do as we do,do as we say.