PDA

View Full Version : The best way to deal with the Ron Paul is "crazy" argument

BarryDonegan
05-09-2011, 09:14 PM
...is just to ask that person to explain why.

It's a parrot argument in most cases. Very few will have any reasoning at all.

TIMB0B
05-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Indeed. I haven't heard a rational argument from those that have tried to explain their reasoning, and it actually ends making them look like the crazy one after I educate them on all their misinformation.

pcosmar
05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I generally like to point out the stupidity and real craziness of the opposing views.

ELT
05-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I usually get people pointing out that some of his ideas are ones that seem far-fetched that they would ever have a chance at being implemented, just because of todays political mentality. Audit/abolish the Federal Reserve, do away with the IRS, etc. These people just have it stuck in their heads that it's just the way it has to be, there's no getting away from it, and any talk of such drastic changes are just "crazy"...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/08/16/372364/-Because-Ron-Paul-Is-Nuts,-Thats-Why

Southron
05-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Then I guess the founders were crazy too.

Matthew Zak
05-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Most people who say he's crazy do so because they're either strongly non-religious and think religious people are certifiably insane, especially if they don't believe in evolution, or because they think he's racist based on that photo of him shaking hands with a white supremacist and those ghost-written letters from years ago.

What can you do?

Magsec
05-09-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd vote for anyone crazy enough to take his oath of office seriously.

puppetmaster
05-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I usually say that out of all your elected representitives, you will agree with RP on more issues than any other politician

Indy Vidual
05-09-2011, 10:16 PM
...is just to ask that person to explain why.

It's a parrot argument in most cases. Very few will have any reasoning at all.

Indeed. I haven't heard a rational argument from those that have tried to explain their reasoning, and it actually ends making them look like the crazy one after I educate them on all their misinformation.

Yes, they heard it on TV, or perhaps read a comment on the Net.

Matthew Zak
05-09-2011, 10:47 PM

While in many cases that is true, there are people who have actual reasons (not saying they're GOOD reasons, but they have something to respond with... see my post above).

Indy Vidual
05-09-2011, 10:51 PM

While in many cases that is true, there are people who have actual reasons (not saying they're GOOD reasons, but they have something to respond with... see my post above).

Sure there is truth in both, depending on who it is and where they "hang out". :)

TrentEmberson
05-09-2011, 11:06 PM
When these attacks come from the right, I think the best way is to compare the person calling Ron Paul and his people kooky/conspiracy/anti-semites to Janeane Garofalo calling them and their tea party friends racists. It's the same ad hominem BS, and if you can make them look like the race-baiters on the left they so despise, then you've won the argument already.

Carehn
05-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Its fun to just turn it around on that person at the right time. Not right away but at a later time. Like when someone i know says something about oh... Huckabee. Just look them in the eye and say...
"ya huckabee is alright i guess, to bad he is 'unelectable"

Trust me its fun to be on the other side for once. and as you all know it really pisses people off.