PDA

View Full Version : Who manages RP's facebook? This was just posted

Wren
05-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Ron Paul
When a noted Neo-Conservative like Michael Gerson feels the need to attack me and distort my positions in the Washington Post, you know the establishment is scared we can win!

Which links to this article, which is a slight hit piece, but it should be noted that it's by an opinionated writer and in the opinion section of WP. h xxp://www.washingto npost.com/opinions/ron-pauls-land-of-second-rate-values/2011/05/09/AFD8B2bG_story.html

This article was virtually ignored with probably 1 comment until it was posted on RP's facebook. Do we really need to give people like this attention? :confused:

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Which links to this article, which is a slight hit piece, but it should be noted that it's by an opinionated writer and in the opinion section of WP. link edited out

This article was virtually ignored with probably 1 comment until it was posted on RP's facebook. Do we really need to give people like this attention? :confused:

I agree. Is someone there outright sabatoging him or really thick?

Besides, that 'when they attack me it means they are scared' sounds like empty bluster in the best of times. For use only if you HAVE to address the idiot issue.

Way to drive traffic facebook person.

KramerDSP
05-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Uggh. This is a serious problem. This is clearly not Ron Paul's writing, and the FB account has been chockful of spelling errors. Can someone like the Collins or someone else close to the campaign (i.e. Matthew Pyeatt (sp) at the Daily Paul) PLEASE nicely explain that someone else needs to be managing this facebook account from now on? I understand the person managing it may have vision difficulties, but their resources could be used elsewhere. I mean, as a Deaf person, you guys wouldn't want me to be the guy who takes phone calls for the campaign if I worked there, right? And I wouldn't be offended in the least!

KramerDSP
05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Bump. This has been a problem for too long now.

If the misspellings, while not apparent in this update, happened once or twice, OK. But this forum is littered with quite a few threads on this ongoing issue that has not been resolved. Certain people here say things like "I know who the person managing the account is, but I'm not going to push the issue". Like it or not, when people misspell updates constantly, it looks unprofessional, especially when they are running for the President of the United States and are trying to attract fence-sitters. Can someone please get on top of this who is connected to the campaign in some way?

UtahApocalypse
05-09-2011, 08:56 PM
This is too much. Is the Ron Paul page an "official" page ran by his staff or is it a fan page? If the latter the Campaign, and Ron Paul's Congressional staff need to get Facebook to remove it. If it is an official entity of some type then they need to get a handle on this last week.

Johncjackson
05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I agree about not giving articles like this too much attention. However, I seem to be in the minority on these forums, where people go out of their way to spend a lot of time and energy on distractions.

However, I really doubt this article was hardly noticed. It's on the Washington Post site. If you Google Ron Paul right now, for me it is the 2nd listed article on the main web results page under featured news. Which means its also the second result in Google News. Just about anything Ron Paul related gets linked and mentioned in many places. It is a pretty high profile piece. It was only posted a few hours ago- it wasn't going to be ignored.

Though, obviously RP needs to be concerned about things that go out under his name.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Does Ron Paul's Facebook still allow those disgusting pictures in their "photos" section to stand?

Kregisen
05-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Does Ron Paul's Facebook still allow those disgusting pictures in their "photos" section to stand?

I've been wondering that for years. There are a thousand pictures that need to be taken down.

iGGz
05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah seriously, someone flippin' do something about this

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 09:27 PM
I agree about not giving articles like this too much attention. However, I seem to be in the minority on these forums, where people go out of their way to spend a lot of time and energy on distractions.

However, I really doubt this article was hardly noticed. It's on the Washington Post site. If you Google Ron Paul right now, for me it is the 2nd listed article on the main web results page under featured news.

One reason it might be number two is all the traffic WE are giving it. We are predictable that way and I wish we wouldn't rise to the bait. I noticed the headline in my own google search, could tell it was negative, and didn't click, since it was WaPo, not a place many GOP primary voters go. I've just broken three different links to it now on this site, and for all I know there may be many more versions. That drives it up in google search, and clicking on it drives it up in google search. That is exactly what we do when we WANT to drive something up.

Ron shouldn't have put it on his facebook page with his 'like' numbers, which is why I was wondering if there was someone being disingenuous about posting on his page.

mczerone
05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Awful. This article definitely needed to be examined by the campaign to know how their right flank was being attacked, but why in god would they want to link to it, especially without comment?

With organization like this, they won't even be able to claim that "He's catching on!" this election. How sad to think that he might pull less % at the polls this year if the official campaign (including Ron himself) can't pull it together.

Who needs enemies like FoxNews when you have friends like these?

RPIdeaMan08
05-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes Please

ForLibertyFight
05-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Bump

Matt Collins
05-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Uggh. This is a serious problem. This is clearly not Ron Paul's writing, and the FB account has been chockful of spelling errors. Can someone like the Collins or someone else close to the campaign (i.e. Matthew Pyeatt (sp) at the Daily Paul) PLEASE nicely explain that someone else needs to be managing this facebook account from now on? I understand the person managing it may have vision difficulties, but their resources could be used elsewhere. I mean, as a Deaf person, you guys wouldn't want me to be the guy who takes phone calls for the campaign if I worked there, right? And I wouldn't be offended in the least!I have no influence on this sphere.

RileyE104
05-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I have no influence on this sphere.

:eek:

IDefendThePlatform
05-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Not to "pile on" but I also think the page could have been used much better and more aggressively to promote the money bomb.

Kregisen
05-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Not to "pile on" but I also think the page could have been used much better and more aggressively to promote the money bomb.

Eh they linked to the money bomb ATLEAST a half dozen times....that's one thing that they didn't screw up in.

gls
05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
From what I've read it is Ron's granddaughter running the page when his online communication strategy should be controlled by a paid TEAM of social media EXPERTS. That is if the campaign is actually serious about winning the presidency, which I have my doubts.

sirgonzo420
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
From what I've read it is Ron's granddaughter running the page when his online communication strategy should be controlled by a paid TEAM of social media EXPERTS. That is if the campaign is actually serious about winning the presidency, which I have my doubts.

I really like Ron Paul, but I wonder this too.

Kinda reminds me of 2008.

Peace&Freedom
05-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Worrying about what is or isn't on Paul's FB page is not going to win him the nomination or the election. The web was/is a great tool for connecting up activists, meetups and the grassroots, but the online Paul supporters have already been gathered by this point. The purpose of that grassroots base should now be to get Paul's name out there to the OFFline world of likely voters, not fret over a bad post in Web 2.0 world. It's not 2007-8 anymore, let's WIN in 2012.

pcosmar
05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I doubt that Ron Paul has any idea or input. this was likely started bu someone with good intent but lacking any common sense.

In my opinion ALL of these sites, Facebook, Myspace, blogs and Forums should have a disclaimer boldly and clearly announcing that Ron Paul has no knowledge of nor control of the content.

specialkornflake
05-10-2011, 12:03 PM
lol, maybe if we started a newsletter the RP campaign would get the picture =)