PDA

View Full Version : Civil Liberties: Ron Paul on...

nolvorite
05-09-2011, 07:33 PM
What are Ron Paul's views on the death penalty and political correctness? Libertarians seem to be split probably not on the death penalty, but on political correctness. Plus Ron Paul claims that 9/11 isn't an inside job and supports the pope who wants to call for a 'New World Order'.

torchbearer
05-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Ron Paul is against the death penalty, if i remember correctly it is because it is a dangerous power to give to a government.
also- on PC, i wouldn't think he'd support any restrictions on speech that didn't directly cause harm to another person. and even then, the law should only deal with the damages caused not a restriction of speech.

nolvorite
05-09-2011, 07:46 PM
thanks.

still, I need to hear about the claims that 9/11 isn't an inside job as he said.... when it obviously is

torchbearer
05-09-2011, 07:51 PM
thanks.

still, I need to hear about the claims that 9/11 isn't an inside job as he said.... when it obviously is

well, this is the way i look at it.
the cia trained and equiped al qeada to fight the soviets.
bin laden was then vicariously an agent of the cia.
bin laden supposedly set in motion the plans of 9/11.
our government allowed those agents into the country and allowed them to fulfil their mission.
so vicariously, the cia was used to attack the buildings of 9/11.
that makes it an inside job.

but other theories of cruise missiles and fake planes with passengers actually getting off elsewhere and such is retarded.
building 7 was an insurance scam. why not, the dude had just got his policy and was about to cash in big time.
demolition was most likely used.

think gulf of tonkin.

hmochel1992
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I think that Dr. Paul believes that 9/11 was a result of blowback and intelligence failure rather than an inside job. He talks about blowback in the famous Giuliani debate confrontation, and talks more about 9/11 here. (http://antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=2372)

hmochel1992
07-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Also, sorry for the double post, but he now opposes the death penalty as a result of mistakes and false convictions. As for political correctness, I would assume he wants government out of the way of free speech.

asurfaholic
07-06-2011, 04:59 AM
Opposing the death penalty is a result of his careful study of principle. As Texas is so supportive of it, he probably took a hit in terms of support for it, but he carefully considers the implications of it.

For one, its scary that innocent people have been sentenced to die. It happens.

Secondly, like his firm belief that all life is sacred, he doesn't believe that we as people have the right to decide that another human should die. If he is going to be right about abortion, he literally HAS to end his support for the death penalty.

Not sure what you meant when you talk about free speech... Currently our government is trying to crack down on free speech, he would likely end or veto any law that restricts free speech.

edit, re read this, I don't mean to imply that I know everything about ron paul, I am GUESSING this is a result of careful study of principle, and I am guessing that he probably took a hit in terms of support, and I am guessing that he carefully considers the implications of opposing the death penalty. All in all, most of this is just my take on it.. so I may be completely wrong, but nobody has chimed in to say one way or another, so who knows..

JZAZ
07-09-2011, 02:12 PM
@asurfaholic. I'm with you on the Death Penalty. Since an individual does not have the right to murder (harm another individual), the individual cannot grant that right to the government (or another individual). His comments on Abortion support this principle and so it would follow that the same interpretation could be made about the DP.