PDA

View Full Version : Gallop Poll: Majority of GOP wants 3rd Party

Matt Collins
05-09-2011, 07:21 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/poll-for-first-time-majority-of-republicans-say-we-need-third-political-party/

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 07:22 PM
*snicker!*

TCE
05-09-2011, 07:23 PM
...but it won't happen. Gerald Celente is wrong yet again since he has been saying since 2009 that there will be another major political party. Virtually everyone, if asked, is fine with a third party, they just won't vote for it. As the article suggests, it would just be another neocon controlled party. They even suggest Sarah Palin as its head. Eeep!

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 07:34 PM
...but it won't happen. Gerald Celente is wrong yet again since he has been saying since 2009 that there will be another major political party. Virtually everyone, if asked, is fine with a third party, they just won't vote for it. As the article suggests, it would just be another neocon controlled party. They even suggest Sarah Palin as its head. Eeep!

Everyone wants a DIFFERENT third party, one that perfectly suits them.

evilfunnystuff
05-09-2011, 07:38 PM
PRINCETON, NJ — Fifty-two percent of Americans believe the Republican and Democratic parties do such a poor job of representing the people that a third party is needed. Forty percent believe they do an adequate job. The percentage calling for a third party is down from August, when it tied its high of 58%.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147461/Support-Third-Party-Dips-Majority-View.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_term=Politics

nate895
05-09-2011, 07:40 PM
While I support working within the framework of the GOP for the time being, I do think that if it doesn't work out this election cycle and there is no significant improvement in control of the established party, we will have to seriously consider leaving to form a new party. The only reason why I say "new party" instead Constitution or Libertarian parties is because I think the CP and the LP are simply too narrowly appealing and have bad reputations.

Flash
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
While I support working within the framework of the GOP for the time being, I do think that if it doesn't work out this election cycle and there is no significant improvement in control of the established party, we will have to seriously consider leaving to form a new party. The only reason why I say "new party" instead Constitution or Libertarian parties is because I think the CP and the LP are simply too narrowly appealing and have bad reputations.

Yeah but how would we avoid becoming the new LP or new CP? How can we prevent being marginalized?

TheTyke
05-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Public opinion alone doesn't change policy... 70% wanted our wars ended but they are expanding. And that's just one issue.

doodle
05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Interesting. A neocons free party of likeminded libertarians and conservatarians?

Philhelm
05-11-2011, 01:10 PM
If there were to be a new party, I'd suggest that the color be yellow, and the animal be a rattlesnake.

nate895
05-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah but how would we avoid becoming the new LP or new CP? How can we prevent being marginalized?

The problem with the LP and CP is centralized control. What is ironic is that the major parties, while supporting centralization in government, are really confederations of state parties, which themselves have a federal relationship with their local affiliates. That's why the Democrats can keep So-Con Union members satisfied along with the "GLBT" crowd. In PA, they are very union-dominated party. In CA, they are a very libtard-dominated party. Same thing goes for the GOP. However, the CP and LP advocate for decentralized government, and yet make the state parties mere agents of the national party. What needs to happen is decentralized formation of a truly small government party. A party that combines the decentralized government of the D's and R's with the principles of the third parties. I am considering writing a lengthy post on a proposal.