PDA

View Full Version : WashPo: Ron Paul's Land of Second Rate Values

svobody
05-09-2011, 07:04 PM
ht tp://www.was hingtonpost.com/opinions/ron-pauls-land-of-second-rate-values/2011/05/09/AFD8B2bG_story.html

Scathing hit piece that does no research into RP's actual position on the issue. Let's all email this writer and demand clarification.

kah13176
05-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Some decent comments, although I wrote an entire scathing response before realizing you have to have an account there to comment. :mad:

nolvorite
05-09-2011, 07:35 PM
lol who cares, its their right man neoconservatives just don't want to leave us alone. ughh

BuddyRey
05-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Why are people so scared of the idea of at least trying out a free society? We've had statism for thousands of years without any one blinking an eye, but let one, just one prominent philosopher bring up the idea of letting people run their own lives and choose their own destiny, and the whole "enlightened" class turns against him.

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I am noticing that new members are posting this all over the site with unbroken links. Unbroken links raise it in google search because this site gets a lot of traffic. Also, clicking on it raises it in google search. Not clicking, myself.

Agorism
05-10-2011, 06:10 AM
I love how these pundits always demand that Paul debate the issues on their terms when half the time he's talking about it in a totally different frame\context that goes over their heads.

GuerrillaXXI
05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
The neocon Gerson tells a disgusting lie in that column. In no way was Paul mocking addicts in that debate. He was mocking the idea that someone who doesn't want to use drugs needs government laws to stop him from using drugs. And I trust I don't need to point out why Gerson is wrong about legalization.

Of course, drug legalization isn't really what Gerson is worried about. He's smearing Paul because he doesn't like Paul's stance on foreign policy, which is what neoconservatism is ultimately all about. The more of a threat Paul begins to present to them (i.e., the higher his poll numbers), the more you can expect to see neocons attack him. I commented on the reasons for this in an earlier post:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289352-Mark-Levin-viciuosly-ripping-on-Ron-Paul&p=3233598#post3233598

JamesButabi
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
The neocon Gerson tells a disgusting lie in that column. In no way was Paul mocking addicts in that debate. He was mocking the idea that someone who doesn't want to use drugs needs government laws to stop him from using drugs. And I trust I don't need to point out why Gerson is wrong about legalization.

That definetely got under my skin too. I wrote a small op piece on unfaircoverage about the same thing.

NewRightLibertarian
05-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Oh how I'd love to live in a world that protected such 'second rate values' as peace and freedom.

Ex Lux lucis
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
His characterizing of Ron Paul's position as "Social Darwinism" was borderline moronic, and certainly disingenuous. Ron Paul is arguing we are all intelligent, free, moral and self-governing individuals who are free to make their own choices due to their maturity. He is NOT arguing the implementation of liberty so that the weak will perish. And what right does this man assume the government has to "care for you" anyways? Worthless article.