PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Arizona police body slam teenage girl

Texan4Life
05-09-2011, 01:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbFBgk1b0rg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbFBgk1b0rg

@1:00 is when the police get to the scene.

Not sure what the back story is, anyone know?

dannno
05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Not sure what the back story is, anyone know?

AZ is a police state.

sevin
05-09-2011, 01:42 PM
That was unnecessary.

Kregisen
05-09-2011, 01:46 PM
This looks like it's close to me. Not surprised, a lot of cops out here are dicks.

Although after watching the video a couple times my guess is the teen tried to steal the woman's purse maybe at the beginning, and the woman then held the teen there until bystanders walked up...then when the cops got there the teen started walking away. But who knows. That still doesn't explain the body slam...

KramerDSP
05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Sickening!

libertybrewcity
05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
totally unnecessary. when are people going to wake up and start mobbing these cops?

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Another firing offense.

Kregisen
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM
A comment on the youtube points out that when she's walking away from the cop, she could appear to be grabbing a weapon from his point of view. (playing devil's advocate)

ds21089
05-09-2011, 01:54 PM
A comment on the youtube points out that when she's walking away from the cop, she could appear to be grabbing a weapon from his point of view. (playing devil's advocate)

Guilty until proven innocent, eh? What you saw was nothing more than a grown man with an ego that needed to be stroked by slamming a woman with her back turned into a wall then to the ground. Nothing in that video could begin to justify the actions the officer took.

tsai3904
05-09-2011, 01:59 PM
If you freeze the video at 1:12, from the officer's point of view, it does seem like she is grabbing something. However, the cop seems like he already made up his mind that he was going to tackle her.

ds21089
05-09-2011, 02:03 PM
If you freeze the video at 1:12, from the officer's point of view, it does seem like she is grabbing something. However, the cop seems like he already made up his mind that he was going to tackle her.

Exactly. Considering he was in charge mode before that happened, I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. He wasnt closing the distance between the two fast enough by walking so he charged at her instead. Whether this person did anything wrong or not, clearly they had their back turned and he could've easily just held her arms together and put cuffs on them.

iGGz
05-09-2011, 02:05 PM
She was was allegedly drunk at school and got kicked out...

theblaze.com/stories/excessive-force-shocking-video-of-az-police-officer-tackling-young-girl/
slumz.boxden.com/f5/may-6-police-officer-patrick-larrison-takes-out-drunk-teenage-girl-15-violent-attack-1540877/

BTW, look at that poll on the first link.... pretty sickening.

ronpaulitician
05-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Nah, this isn't related to him thinking she had a weapon. At 1:10 he lowers his head for a bull rush. Her turning around at 1:12 makes the rush go a lot worse (than it would've already been), resulting in him almost slamming her into the wall (it doesn't look like she quite hits it) as opposed to him wrapping his arms around her as he takes her down (which would still have been pretty bad).

Johnnymac
05-09-2011, 02:13 PM

yea i noticed that at 1:11 1:12 she looked liked she might have been grabbing something but thats why cops are trained to give warnings, I don't think slamming her into a wall counts as a warning thats just jumping to conclusions.

devil21
05-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Wow I hope she sues the shit out of the police force! Nothing from cops surprises me but that was a perfect example of completely unnecessary violence and brutality against an unarmed suspect.

If he thought she was armed he could have just pulled his gun and got her to stop the old fashioned way. Now, it's all body slams, Tazers, and shoot-first mentality.

Verrater
05-09-2011, 02:43 PM
She had allegedly committed a crime.
Cop does not give cease order.
Cop charges upon the suspect. (if she was drawing something he wouldn't have charged her, or maybe he would have, he looks pretty stupid)
Slams suspect against wall to the ground.

Guilty until proven innocent, and clearly excessive force.

Nothing will come with it.
It's assault 3rd degree. Most prosecutors won't even file on Assault 3.
There are many many cops with lawsuits out against them for this kind of stuff.
There should be more stringent laws for abuse of power.

heavenlyboy34
05-09-2011, 02:57 PM
AZ is a police state.
qft :( I can't wait to get outta here.

iGGz
05-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Nothing will come with it.
It's assault 3rd degree. Most prosecutors won't even file on Assault 3.
There are many many cops with lawsuits out against them for this kind of stuff.
There should be more stringent laws for abuse of power.

"Now, he said, Larrison could face a felony charge of aggravated assault himself because his actions involved a juvenile."

Anti Federalist
05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
She was was allegedly drunk at school and got kicked out...

theblaze.com/stories/excessive-force-shocking-video-of-az-police-officer-tackling-young-girl/
slumz.boxden.com/f5/may-6-police-officer-patrick-larrison-takes-out-drunk-teenage-girl-15-violent-attack-1540877/

BTW, look at that poll on the first link.... pretty sickening.

See how the terminology creeps into everyday vernacular?

As if there was any need to further prove the point that we, Mundanes all, are nothing more than enemy combatants to be "taken out".

These are the words, the policies and the actions of a vicious occupying army.

heavenlyboy34
05-09-2011, 06:20 PM
See how the terminology creeps into everyday vernacular?

As if there was any need to further prove the point that we, Mundanes all, are nothing more than enemy combatants to be "taken out".

These are the words, the policies and the actions of a vicious occupying army.
+rep

dude58677
05-09-2011, 06:30 PM
He could have broken her elbow if she landed on her hand with her arm straghtened out on concrete. I recently broke my elbow with my arm straight out.

aGameOfThrones
05-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Nah, this isn't related to him thinking she had a weapon. At 1:10 he lowers his head for a bull rush. Her turning around at 1:12 makes the rush go a lot worse (than it would've already been), resulting in him almost slamming her into the wall (it doesn't look like she quite hits it) as opposed to him wrapping his arms around her as he takes her down (which would still have been pretty bad).

Yes. He was going to hit her regardless. Anyway, it looks like she was about to put her cellphone in her bra(not sure if it was a cellphone).

eproxy100
05-09-2011, 08:21 PM
The cop was probably trying to make sure she didn't get away so he started running. He didn't necessarily intend to slam the girl yet. When the girl reached into her shirt the cop probably then thought she was getting a weapon so he slammed her.

This one isn't as clear cut a case as other police brutality videos.

devil21
05-09-2011, 08:31 PM
The cop was probably trying to make sure she didn't get away so he started running. He didn't necessarily intend to slam the girl yet. When the girl reached into her shirt the cop probably then thought she was getting a weapon so he slammed her.

You really came to that conclusion after watching her with her back turned get football blocked head first into a wall??

aGameOfThrones
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM

You watched the same video I did? She was walking, he was running.

KurtBoyer25L
05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
She wasn't reaching for anything in her shirt. When do you see her hand reach as if for a weapon? She puts it up instinctively to try to defend herself from Tough Guy there.

You can't help but think of Ron Paul's proposal to remove the impunity of govt. officials or employees from any crime that a citizen can be charged for.

eproxy100
05-09-2011, 08:57 PM
You really came to that conclusion after watching her with her back turned get football blocked head first into a wall??

You watched the same video I did? She was walking, he was running.

The cop's walking speed was clearly not gonna get him close to her so he started running. Put aside your knowledge that she didn't have a weapon and try to look at it from the cop's point of view. Maybe he really thought she got a knife out or something.

I'm not saying the cop was right. I'm just saying it's really hard to tell from what we can see in this video only.

aGameOfThrones
05-09-2011, 09:42 PM
The cop's walking speed was clearly not gonna get him close to her so he started running. Put aside your knowledge that she didn't have a weapon and try to look at it from the cop's point of view. Maybe he really thought she got a knife out or something.

I'm not saying the cop was right. I'm just saying it's really hard to tell from what we can see in this video only.

The cop was running towards her even before she was putting something inside her shirt. He used violence when no violence was warranted.

silverhandorder
05-09-2011, 09:43 PM
This is why reparations is a better mode of justice. Who gives a shit as long as he atones for it, now that we know she did not have a weapon.

Carehn
05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Guilty until proven innocent, eh? What you saw was nothing more than a grown man with an ego that needed to be stroked by slamming a woman with her back turned into a wall then to the ground. Nothing in that video could begin to justify the actions the officer took.

Thats how i see it. Guy probably has some sick fetish. Its like watching animal planet or something.

AGRP
05-09-2011, 09:51 PM
It did look like she was pulling something out of her shirt.

devil21
05-09-2011, 10:24 PM

I just watched it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. She wasn't running. She didn't even look back until the last moment when Officer Friendly was about to piledrive her into a wall. So you're suggesting that if a cop thinks someone "may" do something then the cop is justified in whatever conduct he can come up with? If a cop thinks someone "may" pull a weapon then just go ahead and shoot first and ask questions later? Im really baffled by your posts.

aGameOfThrones
05-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I just watched it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. She wasn't running. She didn't even look back until the last moment when Officer Friendly was about to piledrive her into a wall. So you're suggesting that if a cop thinks someone "may" do something then the cop is justified in whatever conduct he can come up with? If a cop thinks someone "may" pull a weapon then just go ahead and shoot first and ask questions later? Im really baffled by your posts.

Exactly. She was about to put something inside her shirt when she heard someone running and turn to look and got slam to the wall.

eproxy100
05-10-2011, 12:24 AM

She wasn't running, but the cop wasn't gonna catch up with her unless he ran. It's possible that he initially was only gonna stop her until he saw her fiddle with her clothes and look back at him. Remember, this is right after an incident where this girl is involved. It's not out of the blue where someone is just walking by and gets slammed.

I'm not saying the cop necessarily didn't decide to slam her right from the beginning. I'm just saying it's possible that he didn't.

devil21
05-10-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm not saying the cop necessarily didn't decide to slam her right from the beginning. I'm just saying it's possible that he didn't.

It's pretty obvious that he was going to forcefully throw himself upon her in some manner. A slam to the ground from behind was probably his original plan but her turning around at the last moment when she heard his footsteps is what led it to the wall. His head is down like a bull from the get-go so he clearly has no intent to approach her in a peaceful manner. His mouth never even opens to yell "Stop!" either. His intent is clear.