PDA

View Full Version : Most Americans want the troops home from Afghanistan. What's wrong with the other 44%?

BamaFanNKy
05-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Most Americans want the troops home from Afghanistan. What's wrong with the other 44%? http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/afghanistan/56_favor_bringing_troops_home_from_afghanistan_wit hin_a_year

fisharmor
05-09-2011, 09:31 AM
They all work for Lockheed or SAIC, and haven't gotten their hot tubs installed yet.

JohnGalt1225
05-09-2011, 09:52 AM
The real question is why do 56% of Americans hate our freedoms and want the terrorists to win?

Icymudpuppy
05-09-2011, 10:09 AM
The real question is why do 56% of Americans hate our freedoms and want the terrorists to win?

I hope you're being sarcastic..

JohnGalt1225
05-09-2011, 10:18 AM
I hope you're being sarcastic..
LOL I am.

ds21089
05-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Now Obama is going to say, "sorry I couldn't hold up to my promise of bringing the troops home, but look what happened. We defeated Osama now! Now we can bring our troops home in no time!.." Obama wins election again and fails to deliver on his promise once again.

Dont you just love the CONVENIENCE of Osama being "killed" now? *sigh* I hope the people of this country wake up soon...

Simon
05-09-2011, 10:41 AM
The other 44% probably have some sort of vested interest in the Afghanistan war. A lot of their jobs might depend on it's continuation.

It's awful convenient and coincidental that this came just a few weeks before renewal of the "Patriot" Act, too. Now the sheep will be screaming for it to be renewed for their "protection" and "safety".

silentshout
05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Now Obama is going to say, "sorry I couldn't hold up to my promise of bringing the troops home, but look what happened. We defeated Osama now! Now we can bring our troops home in no time!.." Obama wins election again and fails to deliver on his promise once again.

Dont you just love the CONVENIENCE of Osama being "killed" now? *sigh* I hope the people of this country wake up soon...

I highly doubt that will happen, but if it did, he would just shift the troops somewhere else. If they actually did come home, yes, I would celebrate. Doesn't mean I would vote for Obama this time, though.

The people still supporting this war probably profit in some fashion from it.

ds21089
05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
I highly doubt that will happen, but if it did, he would just shift the troops somewhere else. If they actually did come home, yes, I would celebrate. Doesn't mean I would vote for Obama this time, though.

The people still supporting this war probably profit in some fashion from it.

Oh I'm not saying he'll bring them home. I'm saying he can use this as reasoning as to why he definitely WILL bring them home this time. He'll say he can have them back soon, but only if we elect him again. That or he'll temporarily pull them out before election time, then once he wins, create a new reason to go back there.