PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Needs To Get More Anti-Establishment/Anti-Government In Debates

tmg19103
05-09-2011, 08:39 AM
When you watch the SC debate you will note RP got applause from RP supporters after all questions, but only on a few occasions did he get additional applause from other SC people in attendance.

One was the heroin question.

If you break it down, the additional applause came not from the choice to use heroin, but from RP's statement that we don't need the government telling us what to do - like how he rhetorically asked how nobody in the room would use heroin and like we need the government to make laws to prevent us from using heroin.

Early in that answer he talked about how government will be telling what to eat, drink, etc.

Rand won easily in KY on this message. He went right after Big Government and how it is taking over our lives.

This is the message the Tea Party wants to hear, and I think RP can win over some social conservatives and neocon warmongers who have hijacked a bit of the Tea Party by slamming government as a whole in certain areas and on certain issues.

It does not need to be his whole message, but more of it.

I think he did great a that debate in telling his philosophical (which I absolutely agree with) views, but if RP is going to get those who don't buy into his whole philosophical message (social conservatives and neocon warmongers don't), he needs to give them a carrot.

The carrot is how they are fed up the ESTABLISHMENT and RP needs to fit that in more with his general views.

Just a thought from what I witnessed with the heroin question and how Rand won.

RP can't just talk his great philosophy and win. I'm not saying he should sell out, but he needs to also cater to hot button issues that are also his - and RP is anti-establishment and he needs to get more aggressive while still sticking with core points in taking it to the establishment political class in D.C.