PDA

View Full Version : In New Hampshire, Ambivalence on Romney

bobbyw24
05-09-2011, 05:31 AM
MANCHESTER, N.H. | On paper, Mitt Romney is the favorite to win next year’s GOP primary in New Hampshire - he ran a respectable second here in 2008 to eventual nominee John McCain, and as the 2012 cycle begins, he’s the clear front-runner in a crowded field of would-be contenders.

So why do so many grass-roots voters say they still have doubts about the former governor from neighboring Massachusetts less than a year before the first-in-the-nation primary?

Granite State Republicans have lingering concerns about the Massachusetts health care legislation Mr. Romney signed and doubts about his commitment to pro-life and gun ownership issues. Some even question the depth of his appreciation for the legacy of Ronald Reagan.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/8/in-nh-ambivalence-on-romney/

jrskblx125
05-09-2011, 05:41 AM
I hope someone runs an education campaign in nh on romney. Id love to knock him off that pedestal there. Id be insulted if i lived im nh knowing he moved there solely for political gain.

acptulsa
05-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Some even question the depth of his appreciation for the legacy of Ronald Reagan.

OMG! Say it ain't so, Joe.

Actually, hate to admit it, but my appreciation of Reagan is gaining depth. Yeah, we considered him the ultimate warmonger, and if he bankrupted the Soviets with runaway military spending, he didn't leave us in that great shape either. But you know what? His two wars only lasted a month or two each...

]d love to knock him off that pedestal there.

The media are starting to realize that all their pedestals get a candidate these days (and I'm particularly thinking of 9iu11iani) is direct access to a lot of pigeon poop. Sort of like getting cast in bronze.

What they haven't done is figure out what to do about it.