PDA

View Full Version : Juan Williams: Ron Paul driving Republicans' White House campaign

pacodever
05-09-2011, 05:09 AM
"If you have not been paying attention, it is time to look around and realize that we are living in the political age of Rep. Ron Paul."

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/159863-ron-paul-driving-the-republican-campaign

bobbyw24
05-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Bump--Great Find

Welcome to the Forums

pauladin
05-09-2011, 05:41 AM
looks like juan williams may be our newest media ally. hopefully it will last.

thedude
05-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Fantastic article!!! I've shared it with everybody I know. This thing needs to go viral.

thedude
05-09-2011, 05:43 AM
looks like juan williams may be our newest media ally. hopefully it will last.

That is doubtful, he didn't have many kind things to say leading up to the debate. I'm willing to bet this piece is meant to scare the crap out of the neo-conservative wing of the GOP.

bobbyw24
05-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Fantastic article!!! I've shared it with everybody I know. This thing needs to go viral.

Agreed.

Posted on Facebook and Twitter

TomtheTinker
05-09-2011, 05:54 AM
bump

liberalnurse
05-09-2011, 06:01 AM
PAGE |1|2|"Historically, revolutions are started by a select few, and are ignored by the mainstream for a long time — until they can no longer be ignored. That point has passed, and they can ignore us no longer". - Ron Paul
Lots of great comments. Love this quote. :)

tangent4ronpaul
05-09-2011, 06:32 AM
http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/159863-ron-paul-driving-the-republican-campaign

Here’s a news bulletin — it is becoming increasingly clear that we are living in a time when Republican politics are being shaped by a 75-year-old, 12-term Texas congressman with a son in the Senate. And incredibly, it is no longer out of the realm of possibility that this outcast of the GOP establishment may win the party’s presidential nomination.

rp08orbust
05-09-2011, 06:32 AM
I wonder if this is worth a Drudge bomb. (I don't want Matt to get tired of Ron Paul tips too quickly.)

bobbyw24
05-09-2011, 06:34 AM
I wonder if this is worth a Drudge bomb. (I don't want Matt to get tired of Ron Paul tips too quickly.)

Perhaps--but I am not sure whether Drudge post opinion pieces

jrskblx125
05-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Ooooooo yeah. Drivings better than being in the back seat!

JohnGalt1225
05-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Great article.

Original_Intent
05-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Awesome article, but the party establishment would rather lose to Obama than have Ron Paul as president.

angelatc
05-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Awesome article, but the party establishment would rather lose to Obama than have Ron Paul as president. Sure - Juan Williams is a liberal. He not a Republican primary voter.

JohnEngland
05-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Pacodever, you're from Guam? I trust nothing too strange is going on there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 07:20 AM

Yeah, and it isn't like this is news, in a sense. It sure is worth submitting to digg and reddit though.

Well, it had already been submitted to digg but needs voting up, first on this page http://digg.com/search?q=ron+paul+driving+Republicans%27+White+Hou se&submit=

pacodever
05-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Haha! Yes, good ol' Hank Johnson. I still can't tell if he is serious in this video, stoned, or messing with the Admiral. I'm stationed out here one more year and then back stateside, but the way they treat the military buildup out here, you would think the island WAS about to tip over. I haven't noticed any movement yet, but I'll keep a sharp lookout...

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Here is reddit link http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/h7b8y/the_hill_opinion_ron_paul_driving_republicans/

Verrater
05-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Drudged and tweeted.

Retweet it here:
twitter.com/Flintlox

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 07:38 AM
The problem with this article is the new liberal meme also pushed on Maddow, that Ron is 'calling for drug legalization' which he isn't, he is calling for states being able to make their own decisions. This WILL be pulled out with all these 'authorities' to cite in the general. That is exactly what they did with Rand.

Retweet it here:
twitter.com/Flintlox

Retweeted. I'm also following you now.

YumYum
05-09-2011, 07:48 AM
The problem with this article is the new liberal meme also pushed on Maddow, that Ron is 'calling for drug legalization' which he isn't, he is calling for states being able to make their own decisions. This WILL be pulled out with all these 'authorities' to cite in the general. That is exactly what they did with Rand. Retweeted. I'm also following you now.

Boy, I got goose pimples when I read this article. This is fantastic.

But, with regards to your point, I think it comes down to "legalizing drugs" if they are no longer illegal on a federal level. I think what should be made clear is that Ron Paul doesn't endorse or encourage using mood/mind altering drugs unless prescribed by a physician. He also doesn't endorse drinking DRANO, and of course he would never encourage it, but that doesn't mean we need a federal law making it illegal to ingest the drain cleaner.

Verrater
05-09-2011, 07:53 AM
The problem with this article is the new liberal meme also pushed on Maddow, that Ron is 'calling for drug legalization' which he isn't, he is calling for states being able to make their own decisions. This WILL be pulled out with all these 'authorities' to cite in the general. That is exactly what they did with Rand.

Retweeted. I'm also following you now.

Thanks for the follow.

I've seen this meme getting over used too. Especially on twitter. "Ron Paul supports legalizing heroin. Ron Paul advocates for heroin."
Even the original fox news video on youtube said, "Ron Paul wants to legalize heroin." before it changed to "Ron Paul defends his support of liberty" or something to that effect.

Keep posting corrections and asking them to correct it themselves.
We have to keep them honest.

Stuff he said.

Excellent point

sailingaway
05-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Boy, I got goose pimples when I read this article. This is fantastic.

But, with regards to your point, I think it comes down to "legalizing drugs" if they are no longer illegal on a federal level. I think what should be made clear is that Ron Paul doesn't endorse or encourage using mood/mind altering drugs unless prescribed by a physician. He also doesn't endorse drinking DRANO, and of course he would never encourage it, but that doesn't mean we need a federal law making it illegal to ingest the drain cleaner.

I think in the primary what needs to be clarified is that he didn't say this, he said he would leave it to the states. People in the states which are conservative on this point have no worries. Worries about that could otherwise make them sideline him. He isn't 'pushing' states to legalize, he just would try to end the drug war at the federal level and leave it to the states. THAT is the policy goal he would be working towards.

Carehn
05-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Id say its a far article. Sometimes i would wonder if the way i saw the world was through my own goggles or if they are actually happening.

YumYum
05-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I think in the primary what needs to be clarified is that he didn't say this, he said he would leave it to the states. People in the states which are conservative on this point have no worries. Worries about that could otherwise make them sideline him. He isn't 'pushing' states to legalize, he just would try to end the drug war at the federal level and leave it to the states. THAT is the policy goal he would be working towards.

I agree with you. His opponents will misconstrue what he has said to their advantage, so there should definitely be clarity on this issue.

specsaregood
05-09-2011, 08:28 AM

He also twisted and changed the focus of Dr. Paul's response on Israel. It wasn't as much, "let them fend for themselves" but rather "get out of their way". It's a subtle change but the intent/meaning of the message is dramatically different.

BamaFanNKy
05-09-2011, 09:00 AM
I put it on a few sports message boards. Iowa message boards would be nice!

AuH20
05-09-2011, 09:02 AM
He also twisted and changed the focus of Dr. Paul's response on Israel. It wasn't as much, "let them fend for themselves" but rather "get out of their way". It's a subtle change but the intent/meaning of the message is dramatically different.

I don't think he did. He didn't twist anything. Dr. Paul has always maintained that Israel is a sovereign country and should defend itself if it feels the need to. That's one of the core planks of non-interventionism.

specsaregood
05-09-2011, 09:09 AM
I don't think he did. He didn't twist anything. Dr. Paul has always maintained that Israel is a sovereign country and should defend itself if it feels the need to.

This is what he said:

For example, I asked him about his stated concern that Israel will launch a unilateral military strike against Iran. He replied that Israel had become too dependent on U.S. military and foreign aid and that it should be responsible for its own security and sovereignty. In the past he has blasted the “neoconservatives” and their influence on U.S. foreign policy.

That was hardly the core of Dr. Pauls statement. It leaves out the fact we give more money to their Arab neighbors combined than we do Israel, it leaves out the part where we get in their way and won't let them make peace with neighbors that we don't like. It is casting his statement as "fend for yourself" rather than stopping getting in their way and funding the arms race in the ME.

AuH20
05-09-2011, 09:11 AM
This is what he said:

That was hardly the core of Dr. Pauls statement. It leaves out the fact we give more money to their Arab neighbors combined than we do Israel, it leaves out the part where we get in their way and won't let them make peace with neighbors that we don't like. It is casting his statement as "fend for yourself" rather than stopping getting in their way and funding the arms race in the ME.

Everyone knows where Ron Paul stands on foreign aid. It's good to hear that he's not a busy-body telling nations what they should do and what they can't do.

Echoes
05-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Good peice.

I've always had a soft spot for Juan Williams even though he's a Keynesian, he's a likeable guy.

speciallyblend
05-09-2011, 09:30 AM
fbed ,Hell Has Frozen Over Seriously!!! Read below http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/159863-ron-paul-driving-the-republican-campaign

Matt Collins
05-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Someone should post this on the Hannity Forums and watch the heads explode.

civusamericanus
05-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Ron Paul is the setting the standard! With all of us organizing locally to begin our next big push, they will have a hard time ignoring Ron Paul.

speciallyblend
05-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Ron Paul is the setting the standard! With all of us organizing locally to begin our next big push, they will have a hard time ignoring Ron Paul.

hehe that reminds me of our 2008 Colorado Campaign, Ron Paul The Gold Standard:) we had goldish shirts with Ron Paul on it you can see them here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-dAqCnKyA

Aratus
05-09-2011, 10:24 AM
i keep on saying that at the very least we will write the planks
for the GOP party platform this tyme around an' if we
are REALLY able and lucky, it will truely be our nails that keeps
the planking together, consistant & logically coherent!!!

KramerDSP
05-09-2011, 10:39 AM
When articles like this come out, it warms the heart.

I often wonder how many of these comments come from longtime RP supporters and how many come from new converts. It's funny how people say "It's just the Ron Paul supporters following him all over the country", but they never said that about the Barack Obama supporters or the John McCain supporters.

Some of you may disagree, but I've always thought RP would be remembered historically as the modern-day Gandhi or MLK Jr. in terms of the impact he will eventually have on a large number of people long after he is no longer with us.

georgiaboy
05-09-2011, 11:10 AM
bump RP2012

eduardo89
05-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Drudged and tweeted.

Retweet it here:
twitter.com/Flintlox

Retweet the retweet here:
Twitter.com/Eduardo_89

;)

KramerDSP
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I have never seen a Hill story with that many comments. There are 11 pages of pro-RP comments, some of which are fantastic. I counted maybe 10 out of the 200+ comments as being anti Ron-Paul, and one of them was a Palin supporter who commented at least three times. Another supporter said he loved Paul, but was afraid of his age, noting that "we all know what happened with Reagan in his second term".

Sola_Fide
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Drudge BUMP

lester1/2jr
05-09-2011, 05:24 PM
He's right. As much as they insult him and act like he is irrelevent, he is really the anchor for the platform of whoever is the candidate for the GOP in 2012. It's like" which parts of the Ron Paul campaign can I use to fire up the base and what do I have to not use to get elected."

jmdrake
05-09-2011, 06:00 PM
"If you have not been paying attention, it is time to look around and realize that we are living in the political age of Rep. Ron Paul."

Wow! This is a far cry from 2007 where Juan Williams declared on NPR "The amazing thing is there are no antiwar republicans in this race". (And yes, that was after Ron Paul was in the race). It's a whole new ballgame.

Bruno
05-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Drudge BUMP

This. Let's get it front and center, folks!

jmdrake
05-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Drudged and tweeted.

Retweet it here:
twitter.com/Flintlox

I Drudged it. I still need to get into this "twitter" thing.

Romulus
05-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Juan was on Oreilly last night denouncing torture. It seems like Juan is the FOX news punching bag they're going to throw under the bus.

IDefendThePlatform
05-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Just for clarification, when posting positive articles about Ron we want to use an actual link so as to increase the article's traffic and up its google ranking via this website's traffic, as the OP did.
But negative articles we should break the link, or just copy and paste so we can read them without giving them anymore attention than is absolutely necessary. Unless of course people are going to post pro-Ron comments on them.

Correct?

steve005
05-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I've noticed LESS censorship,than last time around, but still too much