PDA

View Full Version : A call to 2007 heroes: Trevor Lyman, Vijay Boyapati (who quit Google), LLepard and others

StateofTrance
05-08-2011, 04:27 PM
We need you!!

swissaustrian
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
LLepard showed up today!

AlexMerced
05-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't think any of those guys have gone anywhere, they've been active over the last few year, don't rmember what Vijays been up to but trevor has several projects and I see LLepard on the forums from time to time.

pauladin
05-08-2011, 08:14 PM
don't forget that bearded fellow that made ron paul graphs!

BlackTerrel
05-08-2011, 11:03 PM
don't forget that bearded fellow that made ron paul graphs!

For some reason this made me laugh.

Imagine that is how you are known your whole life.

tmg19103
05-09-2011, 08:23 AM
While I would not dare say I am a "2007 Hero" because I certainly was not, I played a role in getting the first big rally in Philly going and I am back on RPF. Not tooting my horn on that, either. Every little bit from every supporter helps.

Also never left. Have been doing my own thing to promote RP where I live in the Philly area for the past several years, but on back on RPF.

It's time to take this to the next level.

I just hope RP has not lost some of the enthusiastic support. Thankfully there are no undergo GOP candidates that have promise (Cain is a Fox creation that will go nowhere) and the so-called frontrunners who have not shown up yet are nothing to write home about.

I know its early, but I'm a little disappointed their are not more early efforts to get Meetups going again and having more people come out of the woodwork to get involved.

I know there is a sleeping giant of a nationwide base of supporters out there, but I am concerned more than a few have lost the edge to get involved, so we need to recruit more new supporters.

It's early, yet. I know I did not get in to RP until July of 2007 (two months later than now) and I have no idea how may people were involved in May of 2007, but in July of 2007 there was more off a buzz than now.

What we had was Rudy giving RP his open. When was that debate - June or July of 2007? And then the snub in the pre-Ames straw poll event by the Iowa GOP where candidates were invited, except RP.

Feeling slighted and getting angry is a huge motivator when it happens to candidates people support.

Expect candidates and the GOP to tread carefully this time around.

We need something that will get RP massive headlines, and for that we need more people involved now as the more people who brainstorm, the better the ideas.

A strong showing in the the June debate (CNN) and the Ames debate Aug. 11 (Fox - ughh) right before the Ames straw poll, with a 2nd or ideally 1st in the Ames straw poll gets all the mothballed supporters back into the fold and brings in tons of new supporters.

In the meantime, we need something else. I have an idea or two but I am not posting until I have it better thought out, but I am sure with all the creativity we have mcu more can be done.

tekkierich
05-09-2011, 08:40 AM
I enjoyed that Philly rally. I was in Maryland and took a bus trip up there for it. Our bus blew a tire on I-95 and we arrived just as things were starting.

I live in York, PA now, and am starting on organizing the PA chapter of the Republican Liberty Caucus. Let me know if you are interested in helping. I am looking for a Philly area coordinator.

My Maryland friends (including the late Patrick Citroni, third from left) the evening after the Philly rally.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2195/202/120/595370679/n595370679_1328497_7902.jpg?dl=1

tmg19103
05-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Sent you a PM regarding PA stuff, Rich.

Good to see people getting involved again.

tremendoustie
05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I am currently moving to NH, and once there look forward to spending a significant amount of time on the campaign.

I was mainly only involved online last election (and by donating).

Folks just need to start organizing locally -- we already have more support than in 2008, and can be far more effective.

Live Free or Die
05-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Re: Mr. Lepard-

This is a recent informal interview with him from Dave Ridley:
Farmers big winners in U.S. collapse, predicts Lepard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KoBpHmkOFo