PDA

View Full Version : Waterboarding sinners for Jesus.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-08-2011, 07:35 AM
nt

nayjevin
05-08-2011, 07:59 AM
OK, but I get to decide what a sin is. And I will define it as anything short of perfection, as in archery.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-08-2011, 08:49 AM
nt

KCIndy
05-08-2011, 10:12 AM
People must be forced confess for their own good so they can be saved.

I propose:

Sinner waterboarding checkpoints.

Well, it makes about as much sense as all the other inane crap the government puts us through! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sola_Fide
05-08-2011, 10:14 AM
People must be forced confess for their own good so they can be saved.

I propose:

Sinner waterboarding checkpoints.

Baptism is voluntary though. It is something you choose to do as a symbol of your new birth.

Theocrat
05-08-2011, 10:25 AM
The only water ritual Jesus has instituted for sinners is Baptism. Waterboarding hardly relates to such a rite (even though I realize you're being facetious).

speciallyblend
05-08-2011, 10:40 AM
The only water ritual Jesus has instituted for sinners is Baptism. Waterboarding hardly relates to such a rite (even though I realize you're being facetious).

it does if you hold their head underwater while baptizing and keeping it there;) maybe we can waterboard Christians when being baptized. Then they will know god doesn't approve;) just a suggestion not saying they should;) note sarcasm in a few places!! anyone who thinks waterboarding is not torture, give me 15 minutes , come on over here next to the water hose;) We can have water board parties for them!! It is fun save and not torture:) come on in:)

Yieu
05-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Interesting, I had just called torture a sin in another thread, I wonder if this thread was inspired by my post? Though my post indicates the opposite idea.

If anyone thinks torture is "moral" as that poll indicates, then they are not getting their morals from God, they are getting their morals from a demon.

Torture is never moral. And it doesn't produce results so it's not worth it even if it was moral, which it can never be. But most of all it is sinful and those involved will eventually pay for their sins.

Perhaps if those who voted the third option could live in the body of someone who experiences chronic pain, they might think differently. It is obvious that religion is not guiding their morals, but perhaps empathy would help them understand that torture is not a "tool", but is only and can only be evil and sinful.

When I said that if someone tortures then their morals do not come from God, that applies to all torture. Including in the Inquisition. Torture is demoniac. Just because someone claims to get their morals from God, if they demonstrate that their morals do not come from God by torturing, then their morals are demoniac in nature regardless of where they claim their morals come from.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-08-2011, 11:19 AM
it does if you hold their head underwater while baptizing and keeping it there;) maybe we can waterboard Christians when being baptized. Then they will know god doesn't approve;) just a suggestion not saying they should;) note sarcasm in a few places!! anyone who thinks waterboarding is not torture, give me 15 minutes , come on over here next to the water hose;) We can have water board parties for them!! It is fun save and not torture:) come on in:)

To care for this nation's future posteriety, there has to be something more important than ourselves. A mother doesn't just value her child as part of herself, but more important than the sum total of her parts. Our Founding Fathers reduced to something worth dying and it was more important than ourselves and the pathetic economy of which we were a part.
You see, these kinds of nonsense posts don't wake up people for Ron Paul, but put them to sleep. Being an American reduces to certain truths. These truths do not deal with material.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-08-2011, 04:41 PM
nt