PDA

View Full Version : Reaching Religious Voters

Maximus
05-07-2011, 10:44 PM
I started a Twitter account @Catholics4RP to hopefully raise awareness of Ron Paul within Catholic circles.

I encourage people of other religious traditions on this forum to start initiatives like this online and at your places of worship. Showing how the freedom philosophy and liberty is compatible and best for your faith.

For Liberty!

Mallory
05-08-2011, 12:01 AM
We need some flyers that emphasize the issues most important to people of faith: pro-life, pro-homeschooling, thinks the people of each state should determine their own laws and not the overarching, bureacratic federal govt., leave the family to the family without gov interference, married to Carol for 50+ years with 5 stable children, etc. Also, Paul is a devout Christian himself and has quotes to prove it, so we'd include these things as well.

If you guys want me to, I can take the initiative on this, as I whip things up quickly. I don't go to church, but if any churchgoers on here could distribute such flyers at your place of worship (or other socially conservative organization), PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you.

Also, how do most Christian denominational churches feel about the war? I know many are pro-war but the Quakers are very pacifist. I'm not sure whether this is an issue I should put on the flyer, or one they can look up later after they're already hooked on the other issues.

nate895
05-08-2011, 12:04 AM
We need some flyers that emphasize the issues most important to people of faith: pro-life, pro-homeschooling, thinks the people of each state should determine their own laws and not the overarching, bureacratic federal govt., leave the family to the family without gov interference, married to Carol for 50+ years with 5 stable children, etc. Also, Paul is a devout Christian himself and has quotes to prove it, so we'd include these things as well.

If you guys want me to, I can take the initiative on this, as I whip things up quickly. I don't go to church, but if any churchgoers on here could distribute such flyers at your place of worship (or other socially conservative organization), PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you.

Also, how do most Christian denominational churches feel about the war? I know many are pro-war but the Quakers are very pacifist. I'm not sure whether this is an issue I should put on the flyer, or one they can look up later after they're already hooked on the other issues.

I was trying to get together something like this. I was thinking of putting together a flyer/brochure/slim-jim thing and get some money to send them out to voters in Iowa and South Carolina, and then to other areas with that type of voting bloc.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-08-2011, 01:30 AM
How about you drop the sectarian-ness and just be CHRISTIAN.

As the election heats up, and as a 20 year minister of the Gospel, I am going to be doing a series of videos about Ron Paul for Christians. I hope you'll like them.

Mallory
05-08-2011, 01:39 AM
How about you drop the sectarian-ness and just be CHRISTIAN.

I wasn't aware anyone was being sectarian?

As the election heats up, and as a 20 year minister of the Gospel, I am going to be doing a series of videos about Ron Paul for Christians. I hope you'll like them.

Sounds really good! Thanks, and this will be helpful.

TER
05-08-2011, 01:46 AM
These are excellent ideas!

Austin
05-08-2011, 01:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mPBxO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tW0y6.jpg

oriolesfan
05-08-2011, 02:51 AM
I think the best course of action is any literature that emphasizes the similarities between being "pro-life" and opposing illegal overseas occupation. Dr. Paul has some good quotes in his latest 2 books that back this point up. Essentially, why do Republicans believe that every (infant) life is sacred when they clearly don't show the same regard for human life when it involves supposed "enemies" overseas?

Sola_Fide
05-08-2011, 02:56 AM

Those are awesome.

Maximus
05-08-2011, 08:35 AM

I would think that most "main-line" Protestant churches, such as Lutherans, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, etc would enjoy pro-peace fliers. Catholics would go both ways, there are many anti-war Catholics (Thomas Woods), but lately many Neocons as well... although I've noticed the neocons have gotten weaker the last few years.

RonPaulVolunteer
05-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I wasn't aware anyone was being sectarian?

@Catholics4RP

nate895
05-08-2011, 11:02 AM
@Catholics4RP

You know, to religious people who actually care about their religion, such distinctions are important. You're not going to reach Papists with the same message as you're going to reach Evangelicals. Catholics need to be reached out to independently of conservative Evangelicals.

Maximus
05-08-2011, 11:07 AM
@Catholics4RP

Start Christians4RP, Jews4RP, Mormons4RP

@PeopleWhoBelieveInSomethingButWeCan'tAgreeOnWhat isn't as catchy

There are some issues Catholics may care about that people in other denominations will not, that's fine.

phesoge
05-08-2011, 11:09 AM
I completely agree that Catholics need to be reached independantly of conservatives. As someone who comes from a devout Catholic family I have seen this distinction first hand. As far as Catholics go, Thomas Woods has done a series of videos, books, and articles about the long tradition of Liberty in the Catholic church. Furthermore, Neo0Con Catholics should be easy to sway. Their is extensive doctrine on "Just War" and the Pope has written about the moral errors of our invasions.

nate895
05-08-2011, 11:13 AM
i completely agree that catholics need to be reached independantly of conservatives. As someone who comes from a devout catholic family i have seen this distinction first hand. As far as catholics go, thomas woods has done a series of videos, books, and articles about the long tradition of liberty in the catholic church. Furthermore, neo0con catholics should be easy to sway. Their is extensive doctrine on "just war" and the pope has written about the moral errors of our invasions.

nvm

TIMB0B
05-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I can't stress this enough, but educate them on the 10th Amendment. This goes for anybody, not just Christians.

States' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights!

Every person I've converted to RP was with the states' rights talking points. Before they understood the 10th Amendment, people would act like all chaos would break out if we ended the war on drugs, ended the welfare state, repealed Roe v Wade, etc.

Sola_Fide
05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I can't stress this enough, but educate them on the 10th Amendment. This goes for anybody, not just Christians.

States' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights states' rights!

Every person I've converted to RP was with the states' rights talking points. Before they understood the 10th Amendment, people would act like all chaos would break out if we ended the war on drugs, ended the welfare state, repealed Roe v Wade, etc.

Good point. Maybe send them over to Chuck Baldwin's website. He says the 10th Amendment is the last hope for liberty in America.

Theocrat
05-08-2011, 12:11 PM
To be honest, I don't plan on starting anything like that online until Congressman Paul officially announces his Presidential run. Until then, I will be talking to my Christian friends about Dr. Paul via word-of-mouth.

phesoge
05-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I said conservative Evangelicals. That's a religious term.

Understand that. I meant Catholics need to be reached independantly of conservative Envangelicals. Sorry I omitted the word Evangelicals.

nate895
05-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Understand that. I meant Catholics need to be reached independantly of conservative Envangelicals. Sorry I omitted the word Evangelicals.

Oh, actually, now that I read it again, I noticed I misunderstood what you were saying. I read in a "don't" somehow.

nayjevin
05-19-2011, 05:46 AM

These are great... adding them here:
http://libertyclick.com/rp2012/campaign-materials/

Let me know if there's a website you'd like me to link. Thanks Austin!

outspoken
05-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Unfortunately too many Catholics have missed the whole point of Jesus because they worship the church itself more than the reason it was established. Just another form of idol worship IMHO. Aren't we all just believers of God through Christ? Personally, I think the time is upon us to decipher and acknowledge the consciousness found in all faiths from that which is derived from the inbred sinful nature of mankind unconscious to the majority inside and outside of religion. Do we have to keep asking if there is a heaven when it is obvious looking around the world that there is a hell of our own making all around us?

Paulatized
05-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Pages 61 and 62 of The Revolution has some good statements to throw out there.