PDA

View Full Version : Redstate now taking advantage.

parke
10-26-2007, 11:41 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/24/a-ban-on-ron-paul-supporters/?ex=1193889600&en=13ffaf5ceb72abd7&ei=5070&emc=eta1

Look at these comments from redstate:

How to spot Ron Paul supporters in your hometown.
By chrome plated Posted in Archived — Comments (70) / Email this page » / Leave a comment »
As the 2008 Presidential Campaign rolls on, it is becoming increasingly clear that a handy, easy-to-utilize "cheat sheet" to aid in the identification of Ron Paul supporters might be a desirable tool. It has been my experience that - despite their assertions that they are sweeping the country - Ron Paul supporters can generally be found in a relatively small number of set locations and that they often display similar characteristics:

Sightings:

Comic book shops; on the curb outside big-box chain bookstores; mom's basement; the corner booth at Denny's (after midnight only); Star Trek conventions; 4th period AP English; Renaissance fairs.

Physical Characteristics:

Pasty white skin; split ends; long, dyed black hair (male and female); optional black eyeliner (male and female); black trenchcoat; either exceedingly skinny or exceedingly not.

Paraphernalia:

a battered and dog-eared paperback copy of The Fountainhead; clove cigarettes; thirty-sided dice; an i-Pod (containing only music by Nine Inch Nails and Korn); graphic novels; an (unsigned) petition calling for the legalization of absinthe.

Daily activities:

Dragon-slaying; refusing to dress out for P.E.; brooding; writing "Charmed" fan fiction; complaining about the commercialization of "All Hallows Eve"

How to avoid them:

Attend any sporting event.

Hope this helps. Be careful out there.

--------------------------------------

Taxonomy by Agissiz by Repair Man Jack
1) You went chickenhawk.

2) You forgot we like loud, gas-guzzling monster trucks with Confederate Flag decals more.

3) You are an ageist.

You must be a part of that bottum 10% that Dr. Watson would like to genetically engineer out of existence.

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men."
---------------------------------------

It seems like the new rule about this subject is actually increasing the amount of post regarding Ron Paul.
The cia calls this blowback I think.

---------------------------------------

Grandson of Liberty
10-26-2007, 11:45 PM
i think we have made their day by paying so much attention to them.

It's time to ignore the hell out of them. . .

Besides, "we crap bigger than them." :D

robatsu
10-27-2007, 12:00 AM
This kind of stuff is the best thing that can happen to us:

http://robatsu.blogspot.com/2007/10/many-headed-ron-paul-hydra.html

BTW, spot this RP suppoter (me): 1/4m+ household income, more post grad degrees than you can shake a stick at, 5th generation lifelong Repub, etc., etc., we're not al annoying pimply teenagers.

jonahtrainer
10-27-2007, 01:09 AM
BTW, spot this RP suppoter (me): 1/4m+ household income, more post grad degrees than you can shake a stick at, 5th generation lifelong Repub, etc., etc., we're not al annoying pimply teenagers.

We got several people in our Meetup who make it clear that getting rid of the IRS is worth 'millions of dollars a year' to them. They generously fund many of our activities if we provide the manpower.

The ignorance of these neocons at RedState baffles me. Of course, it is to come from the nature of the incestuous pool of ideas they have to draw from.

Taco John
10-27-2007, 01:12 AM
i think we have made their day by paying so much attention to them.

It's time to ignore the hell out of them. . .

Besides, "we crap bigger than them." :D

Don't ignore them... Go subversive. The main stream candidates are easy to attack. If you can't support Paul there, get in and start whacking the "mainstream" candidates on conservative fronts.

orenbus
10-27-2007, 02:06 AM
we need to start advertising more at sporting events :)

me3
10-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Don't ignore them... Go subversive. The main stream candidates are easy to attack. If you can't support Paul there, get in and start whacking the "mainstream" candidates on conservative fronts.
That doesn't get Dr. Paul votes. And it potentially takes away from his message and focuses on his aggressive supporters.

It was a poison pill for Howard Dean. It's not a sound strategy.

Adamsa
10-27-2007, 07:40 AM
I love the increase of talk about him. Blowback - when it works for us is great!

Drknows
10-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Didnt someone here buy redwhitebluestate.com? The free market at work!

just open up your own community. In 5 years you might out rank them.

Thurston Howell III
10-27-2007, 07:55 AM
They just banned positive talk about Ron, the negative may now flourish. I suspect that is the real intent, because they were unable to defend their positions. Now they don't have to.

That's American, heh?! NOT

Alabama Supporter
10-27-2007, 07:56 AM
The blogosphere on the right is puny and has no where near as much power as the blogosphere on the left. This is an example of why they don't get it.

Redstate is irrelevant.

me3
10-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Man, let's stop talking about Red State and bumping down the threads calling for action or support. The Red State ban is meaningless in the bigger picture of this campaign, and yet it has dozens of threads devoted to it.

Help out with the Philly Rally and the Iowa email campaign folks. Your assistance is needed in productive directions!

sedele
10-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Great. So now we're all members of the Trenchcoat Mafia!

hornet
10-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Man, let's stop talking about Red State and bumping down the threads calling for action or support

exactly!

klamath
10-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Please don't link to them anymore. It increases their page rank. They are a commercial venture and the more traffic and links the better. With RP supporters banned there is absolutely no reason to give them the traffic. Do you guys want their ad rates and page rank to go UP and not even be able to defend RP there?