Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Episode 3463

Featuring:
Tom Cruise
"Lions for Lambs"

Ron Paul

Sex Pistols
Performance from the CD "Spunk: The Official Bootleg"

He's not the main guest, and Tom Cruise is known for being, Tom Cruise :|.

But Tom's movie relates a lot to politics and can help Paul's positions. Sex Pistols hate fascist. Could help :)

maxmerkel
10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
a politician running for president is in your eyes more important than an actor ??:confused:

i trust nbc ;)

0zzy
10-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCbOqiVKfo

maxmerkel
10-26-2007, 10:28 PM
i'm not through yet, but this looks like the kind of movie i might enjoy.

(throwing out of the window)

krott5333
10-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Jay Leno seems like a good guy. I like to think I'm pretty good at reading people, and judging by his shows and car articles, he seems pretty nice. So hopefully things go well, and RP gets some good exposure.

james1906
10-26-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm hoping the Sex Pistols learn about RP before hand. I don't want Johnny Rotten going off on him just because he's a GOP candidate.

DjLoTi
10-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Dude that is a sic lineup

ronpaulyourmom
10-26-2007, 10:44 PM
I think it's fairly well established that Ron Paul is at his best when doing 1on1 interviews. I think this'll be great for him.

amakris
10-26-2007, 10:53 PM
John Lyndon's website e-mail: sfs@johnlydon.com . They say they don't pass on messages, but I think they might notice if 1,000 people tell him to check out ronpaul2008.com.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Tom Cruise is a scientologist lol they're VERY anti-psychiatry, some call it a cult.

ronpaulfan
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I think Tom Cruise could regain every bit of the world's respect if he says:

"I've been following Ron Paul online for months and he really makes a lot of sense. I feel so strongly that I'm willing to give up Scientology if it will support his campaign!"

well, one can wish :D

figueir2
10-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Tom Cruise is a scientologist lol they're VERY anti-psychiatry, some call it a cult.

it IS a cult, of the very conniving and dangerous sort.

0zzy
10-26-2007, 11:24 PM
it IS a cult, of the very conniving and dangerous sort.

It is indeed. I spent hours watching interviews with former members and all I can say is indeed a cult. I suppose cults are legal, but they do a lot of illegal things. Lots of stalking, smearing, threatening, some killing, and a hella lot of stealing your money! Tom Cruise might like Paul, get rid of the income tax so we can spend it on scientology classes!

spivey378
10-26-2007, 11:48 PM
paul should just straight up ask cruise if he wants to no longer pay an income tax. or present him with how much he'd save.

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I bet you all a hundred dollars leno is going to try to portray RP as a nutjob like the rest of the media does, that's why they grouped him with Tom Cruise in one night.

Man from La Mancha
10-27-2007, 12:50 AM
I bet you all a hundred dollars leno is going to try to portray RP as a nutjob like the rest of the media does, that's why they grouped him with Tom Cruise in one night.
Great my hero is always ready for battle and does the best attacked. Let the games begin!:)

Noog
10-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Tom will probably leave before Ron (2nd guest) comes out. Most A-listers don't stay for the other guests.

Johncjackson
10-27-2007, 02:38 AM
Tom will probably leave before Ron (2nd guest) comes out. Most A-listers don't stay for the other guests.

Yep. I mentioned this before. And Ron will probably have places to go himself and not stick around for the Pistols.

Roxi
10-28-2007, 12:18 AM
bump

ksuguy
10-28-2007, 12:34 AM
I just hope Tom Cruise doesn't talk a long time and go into an extra segment.

OptionsTrader
10-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Lions for Lambs:

Downloadable HD 1080p version (173.4MB):

http://www.killermovies.com/l/lionsforlambs/

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=40209043&sdm=web&pt=rd

UtahApocalypse
10-28-2007, 01:39 AM
I can't say much..... but this could be HUGE!

Nothing for sure at all just some information we heard in L.A. that if correct could be a very big deal. This was garnered from insiders but things were not finalized.

All I will say is Scientologist REALLY wanted a meeting with RP, and Tom Cruise is a Scientologist ;)

OptionsTrader
10-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Maybe Tom can get on Oprah and mention Ron in a positive way. Don't discount Tom's hotness. I hear the women don't care that he is a little odd.

Robert Redford would be a great endorsement as well. He emits credibility when he speaks.

Spme Republican and Democrat contributions in his past. He might be open to the idea of a maverick Republican:
http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Robert_Redford.php

0zzy
10-28-2007, 01:46 AM
I am not fond of Tom. An endorsement from him won't help Ron, it will only hurt. They already labeled Tom as a nut.

ValidusCustodiae
10-28-2007, 01:46 AM
I wonder what jay lenos band will play when Ron Paul walks in... maybe hail to the chief? lol.. I also am thinking leno will probably play a fun prank on Ron Paul or have him participate in some sort of comedic activity. This is a comedian so I am not ruling out some shenanigans, but I doubt they'll be harmful at all.

THE TONIGHT SHOW.. wow this is BIG!

a whole new audience...

OptionsTrader
10-28-2007, 01:49 AM
I am not fond of Tom. An endorsement from him won't help Ron, it will only hurt. They already labeled Tom as a nut.

They already labelled plenty of people including this candidate. So what. Women still love Tom and will listen to him whatever they label him.

ValidusCustodiae
10-28-2007, 01:49 AM

I wouldn't be so sure that it would only hurt. There may be some blowback, but it is hard to argue with Ron Paul's platform of inclusiveness.

Remember, according to them a lot of us are nuts. Why not have a celebrity nut endorse Ron Paul? It's bound to happen eventually anyway.

d'anconia
10-28-2007, 02:12 AM
You guys are right Tom Cruise probably won't stay for RP's segment. He thinks he's too important to sit and listen to some old politician talk about things. Leno seems like a nice guy so I doubt that he'll play any pranks on RP. Also don't expect Tom Cruise to even talk with RP who knows if they'll even be in the same room together at any point...

qsecofr
10-28-2007, 03:46 AM
All I will say is Scientologist REALLY wanted a meeting with RP, and Tom Cruise is a Scientologist ;)

This could be a Faustian bargain in the making, and I'm not entirely sure for who. ;) But I guess if Ron can handle the Right wing he can handle the Scientologists. Freedom is popular indeed :D

OptionsTrader
10-28-2007, 03:54 AM
Scientologists need a country free of tyrany just like the rest of us.

OptionsTrader
10-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Regarding Lions for Lambs:

Preview : A Sneak Peek At Upcoming Films
Published: Oct 28, 2007

http://www.thetimes.co.za/Entertainment/Movies/Article.aspx?id=592141

SPIN CYCLE: Meryl Streep plays a journalist who may be open to suggestion

This anti-Bush film isn’t really a call to arms, it’s actually a call to sit and think, writes David M Halbfinger

Building consensus

At 71, Robert Redford is putting the finishing touches on his most political movie since All the President’s Men. With a cast that includes Tom Cruise and Meryl Streep, he says, “The film is not about the Iraq war. The war is just a catalyst for a bigger question: How did we get here?” Redford says that one aspect of this story is that the media has made it too easy to turn away from news that affects people most. “They watch war footage for a few moments then skip to the sports channel.”

Lions for Lambs is about media and politics. It shows how a conservative politician (Cruise) is trying to influence a Washington journalist (Streep) to help the White House “sell” their military strategy to the public. Redford himself plays the politics professor who opposes them.

“What attracted me to the film was the idea that there are patterns of behaviour that cost us dearly over time, and always bring us to the same point. When I was about 11 years old it was McCarthyism. Then Watergate, and now Afghanistan and Iraq and they are now costing Americans every bit of respect we ever had on the world stage,” says Redford.

“If you look at all those events, there’s a thread running through them : ‘Winning is everything’. America doesn’t like to look at itself,” Redford says.

Predictably, conservative news media has attacked the unreleased film as not only anti-war, but anti-American. “I’m ready for misinterpretation,” Redford says, “but I believe this film is pulling together different things that I’ve repeatedly done in my career,” referring to The Candidate, his political classic; All the President’s Men, which inspired a generation of journalists; and the spy thriller Three Days of the Condor.

“I’m not making some kind of a call to arms for this generation,” says Redford. “But I would simply hope people will be entertained in a way that makes them think.” — © 2007 New York Times Partner Publications

Lions for Lambs opens on November 16.

qsecofr
10-28-2007, 04:51 AM
The Scientology angle has me intrigued. On the one hand my greedy side says go for it because they could probably make a significant impact on total donations and guarantee inroads with certain celebrity figures. On the other hand I wonder at what cost.

ladyliberty
10-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Well if Tom Cruise is there to plug his new movie, perhaps Ron Paul can give them a history lesson regarding Middle East Politics.

As to Tom Cruise's politics here is what I found:
http://www.campaignmoney.com/biography/tom_cruise.asp

constituent
10-28-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm hoping the Sex Pistols learn about RP before hand. I don't want Johnny Rotten going off on him just because he's a GOP candidate.

johnny rotten acts like an ass to act like an ass.

old dog, old show, old tricks.

eternally pissed that he's not sid vicious. so it goes.

RJB
10-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Quit worrying so much. Relax. A Tom Cruise endorsement will be much better than a Don Black endorsement. Besides Tom may hate RP anyway.

Meatwasp
10-28-2007, 08:16 AM
If the Scientoligists go for Ron that would be great. They are a huge organization, They had a lot of negative articles published in the early days just like Ron ihas been having.
It was a good science in the fifties until it changed.

Bradley in DC
10-28-2007, 08:25 AM
johnny rotten.

Is he a Tory now?
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-89869291.html

0zzy
10-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Scientologists need a country free of tyrany just like the rest of us.

Scientologist is tyranny. They are a criminal organization, no doubt about it.