PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh on the debate

randomname
05-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Ignoring Paul & Johnson....

Did you watch the Republican debate last night? I did. Folks, I'm telling you something, it was inspiring. It actually was. It was good to finally see five or six guys, maybe five and a half guys, take it to Obama. It actually was comforting and reassuring. And there were some surprises along the way here. I'm sure those of you who watched it have your own take. I, of course, El Rushbo have the final take, which is why I will wait to tell you what I think about it 'til I hear a little bit -- 'cause once I say something about something then there's nothing left to be said. You didn't watch it, Snerdley? No, no, it was not a dud. I mean the people on there that were duds were even entertaining, and Herman Cain overwhelmingly won. Frank Luntz has his focus group that Hannity puts on Fox after the debate. Herman Cain, according to that focus group, was the clear winner. Santorum was hyper. He was filled with fire and brimstone. Pawlenty, I thought, appeared very presidential. It was an upper all the way around. It really was. We can nitpick some things, and of course we will nitpick some things as the program unfolds before your very eyes.

Have you noticed, by the way, nobody is demanding that anybody prove that Obama killed the job market and the economy? They're demanding proof that he killed Obama. It's self-evident he's killed the economy. Nobody's demanding proof of that. We already know it. But there's still doubt out there about the -- (interruption) what's this? There he goes again right here in the middle of this program, president of the United States speaking on job and energy initiatives, he's in Indianapolis. We're not going to JIP. We have too many important stories.

This next little blurb here, a woman in Oregon woke up from dental surgery with a foreign accent. Not kidding. They say she sounds European. Which makes me wonder, has Obama had dental surgery lately, 'cause he's sounding an awful lot like George W. Bush. Oh, you know that will tick 'em off. They won't like that. The news media, speaking of which, the Drive-Bys are ecstatic. As you know the gasoline price has fallen. Well, the oil price is plummeting. Commodities in general are plummeting, and here's a montage of the media rejoicing over this news.
But some good comments on the jobs number yesterday

One of the websites that I keep track of on matters of economics is a place called ZeroHedge.com, and there's a poster there by the name of Tyler Durden who occasionally posts some interesting stuff. For example, "Today's Bureau of Labor Statistics number 244,000 jobs is great until you exclude the 62,000 from McDonalds hirings, and 175,000 from the Birth Death Adjustment." The net new jobs in the private sector is 7,000. That's the net new jobs.

"A history of Birth Death adjustments which ultimately get washed out in the annual massive downward NFP revision which nobody really ever cares about though," but the birth-death model -- this is basically replacement job formula. And so what Mr. Durden is saying here is that only 7,000 actual jobs were created. The others were McDonald's and a special hiring program, and 175,000 birth-death model, fantasy jobs, that weren't really created. Those jobs don't really exist, the birth-death, it's an accounting gimmick, the simplest way that I'm gonna try to explain it. So a net increase of 7,000
Unemployment Rate Rises to 9%, State-Run Media Cheers Obama (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_050611/content/01125106.guest.html)

YumYum
05-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Oxycontin is more addicting than meth. It is known as "Hillbilly Heroin". What addicts do is crush up a handful of pills and swallow them. I was told by an addict it hits you like if you drank a case of beer all at once. The more adventurous actually shoot this stuff up. There have been many overdoses on this stuff by professional addicts who lived through their addiction to crack and meth, but died when they got hooked and overdosed on Oxycontin. Oxycontin is Rush Limbaugh's drug of choice. How anybody can take this blowhard seriously is beyond comprehension.

Teaser Rate
05-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Oxycontin is more addicting than meth. It is known as "Hillbilly Heroin". What addicts do is crush up a handful of pills and swallow them. I was told by an addict it hits you like if you drank a case of beer all at once. The more adventurous actually shoot this stuff up. There have been many overdoses on this stuff by professional addicts who lived through their addiction to crack and meth, but died when they got hooked and overdosed on Oxycontin. Oxycontin is Rush Limbaugh's drug of choice. How anybody can take this blowhard seriously is beyond comprehension.

Ad hominem.

YumYum
05-07-2011, 04:53 AM
Circular reasoning.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Oxycontin is Rush Limbaugh's drug of choice. How anybody can take this blowhard seriously is beyond comprehension.

I don't really care what drugs he does. It does bother me that he wants to blame Obama for economic problems instead of the real causes. I'm not happy he's shilling for Cain, either.