PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen the MSNBC powerwall and Rachel Maddow video?

RPsupporterAtHeart
05-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Over at MSNBC there is a 7 minute video from Rachel Maddow basically slamming the Republican state at the moment. I mean it is definitely a typical Dem shot at Republicans.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42938882#42938882

She mentions Ron Paul many times, and does not make him look bad at all IMO. Mentions the stance that he holds, the stance that the Republicans are trying to portray but are not doing so. Shows a shot of his money bomb, and the campaign office opening.

Unfortunately it also shows Luntz focus group, but uses it to bash some of those candidates.

Now in addition to this, the MSNBC powerwall for who's running, has Ron 2nd to only Mitt Romney for Republicans in the Win category. And it's only a %1 difference. Looking at the Rest like Trump and Palin, they are quite far ahead.

h**p://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/whos-running-for-president-in-2012-9145.gallery#!wallState=0__%2Fpolitics%2Fwhos-running-for-president-in-2012-9145.gallery%3FphotoId%3D33369

thedude
05-06-2011, 10:40 PM
The piece was alright. I agree it was somewhat favorable, but the entire point of the commentary on drug laws was missed. I'm glad she brough up Ron Paul's stance on gay marriage as this is one I have been sharing with my liberal friends since last night. I am curious to see where it goes from here.

The poll is interesting. I voted for all of the people, mostly "fail"s and a few "lol"s. Given the fact that msnbc is just a bit left-leaning (insert sarcasm), it is no surprise that Clinton and Obama are "winning!" but I like that Ron Paul is hitting the ground running. We need more folks to jump over to the website and give some support for the good doctor.

The Dude abides

Chester Copperpot
05-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Thats an excellent video of Rachel Maddow... What better way to sell Ron Paul to the dems.

If we can get the GOP nomination.. we're in fellas!

RPIdeaMan08
05-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Why does everyone say he said to legalize heroin... even the question said he thought it was up to the state to decide?

TheTyke
05-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Gosh I hate Maddow. The whole thing is poison. She is actually amplifying FOX's spin on the debate, and acting like Luntz' manipulations were legitimate, and also implying that to be taken seriously, a party must be in blind lockstep on every issue. Also I, and the others there, weren't cheering for heroin... we were cheering for state's rights and LIBERTY!

S.Shorland
05-07-2011, 12:00 AM
I clicked on the video link from here and it wouldn't load.I then copy and pasted and it loaded immediately.

sailingaway
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Over at MSNBC there is a 7 minute video from Rachel Maddow basically slamming the Republican state at the moment. I mean it is definitely a typical Dem shot at Republicans.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42938882#42938882

She mentions Ron Paul many times, and does not make him look bad at all IMO. Mentions the stance that he holds, the stance that the Republicans are trying to portray but are not doing so. Shows a shot of his money bomb, and the campaign office opening.

Unfortunately it also shows Luntz focus group, but uses it to bash some of those candidates.

Now in addition to this, the MSNBC powerwall for who's running, has Ron 2nd to only Mitt Romney for Republicans in the Win category. And it's only a %1 difference. Looking at the Rest like Trump and Palin, they are quite far ahead.

h**p://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/whos-running-for-president-in-2012-9145.gallery#!wallState=0__%2Fpolitics%2Fwhos-running-for-president-in-2012-9145.gallery%3FphotoId%3D33369

she does make him look bad as if he was calling to legalize heroin which he wasn't. He said states should deal with it and Wallace was pretending some states might not have laws on it and did that mean he thought it was an issue where people (and states) should actually have a (gasp!) choice? And Ron kinda shrugged and said, well, yes.... and THEN the rest. MSNBC edited out all the part that made it clear Ron isn't on a crusade to legalize heroin.

1000-points-of-fright
05-07-2011, 10:10 AM
She (along with many others) still doesn't get it. Who cares what kind of laws the Republicans in Florida are passing? It's Florida... they can do what they want. If you don't like Florida laws, you can move. Sure, it calls into question exactly how "limited government conservative" they actually are, but the main thrust of the limited government movement is at the Federal level right now.

specsaregood
05-07-2011, 10:15 AM
That video was not positive for us.

Sola_Fide
05-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Why are Maddow videos being spammed here lately?

mCsenget
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
she does make him look bad as if he was calling to legalize heroin which he wasn't. He said states should deal with it and Wallace was pretending some states might not have laws on it and did that mean he thought it was an issue where people (and states) should actually have a (gasp!) choice? And Ron kinda shrugged and said, well, yes.... and THEN the rest. MSNBC edited out all the part that made it clear Ron isn't on a crusade to legalize heroin.

pretty sure Ron was arguing the libertarian standpoint of legalizing drugs, at least at one point.