PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Alert System Ron Paul Radio Ad

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-26-2007, 09:31 PM
I had an idea for doing a Ron Paul radio ad that mimics an Emergency Alert System broadcast. It might make people listen more closely to the message in the ad, and, heck, we are essentially in a national monetary and foreign policy crisis as things currently stand.

Here's just an example (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/510025_kpe5c/rpeb.mp3) I made while fooling around with a tone generator and a text-to-speech program. Pretty simple.

If anybody has better ideas for it or has ideas for different monologue or something, feel free to add your own submissions/suggestions.

slantedview
10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
That is a very interesting idea. I'm not sure how well received it will be, but I like the originality of the concept.

This is the sort of original idea that makes me think of the nuclear hollocuast (or whatever) ad that was ran by Johnson against Barry Goldwater.

me3
10-26-2007, 09:33 PM
It made me laugh. You need a better voice over for it.

Nathan Hale
10-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I had an idea for doing a Ron Paul radio ad that mimics an Emergency Alert System broadcast. It might make people listen more closely to the message in the ad, and, heck, we are essentially in a national monetary and foreign policy crisis as things currently stand.

Here's just an example (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/510025_kpe5c/rpeb.mp3) I made while fooling around with a tone generator and a text-to-speech program. Pretty simple.

If anybody has better ideas for it or has ideas for different monologue or something, feel free to add your own submissions/suggestions.

Keep the tone but go with a more natural voice. That voice sounds like the one Pink Floyd uses on their "Learning to Fly" track.

krott5333
10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
tongue tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit, I

unklejman
10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Ha ha ha. I was a CD-ROM author for 2 years and we had to make ADA compliant CD's occasionally, and I have heard that voice enough to last 100 life times. There are some others that are a bit better, although for an ad it should probably be a real voice.

margomaps
10-26-2007, 09:57 PM
If you want to use a text-to-speech voice, I suggest using a female voice.

I can't find it now, but I keep coming across web pages that have a very well-done text-to-speech female voice widget embedded. I'll let you know if I find it.

Roxi
10-26-2007, 10:07 PM
oooh i ran across a really good one not long ago ill try to find it...

I think this is a great idea... ALTHOUGH the first line "this is not a test the united states of america is in a national crisis" GAVE ME the friggin chills, (although i wait for the martial law sirens to go off any day :)

im sure that being the first line is going to scare the CRAP out of some old people, my grandma saw a fake news report about terrorists on Days of our lives once and FLIPPED out and called everyone saying the country was being attacked again. SOOO u might try to get some new suggestions for the first line, I know people need to be scared into reality but we don't want any heart attacks LOL

rs3515
10-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Interesting idea, but no radio station would ever air it ... what about Yankee Doodle or Reveille from the Civil War or the First Call to "wake up the troops" ...

http://7thuscav.homestead.com/bugle_calls.html

10-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Interesting idea, but no radio station would ever air it ...

What would they care as long as they got paid for the airtime...?

expatriot
10-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Love it -

Just get a collection of different announcements from feedback here,
and make the tone a bit shorter at the end
(if too long it would become a turn-off, if kept to about 1 second it should be ok)

There are lots of places to air this sort of thing, but for best effect it should only be played occasionally, perhaps less than once an hour or it might grate on the nerves.

Not only radio stations but in public places (megaphone fed by mp3 player? r3VOLutionary!)
as well as in business establishments owned by RP supporters.

It is particularly timely given the rise of the Iranian sabre-rattling going on.

Oops ! - this suggests an even more dramatic idea no one will appreciate here.

My 2c worth:
This has been a test of the election emergency notification system.
If this had been an actual election your liberty could have been restored.
In the event of an actual election, please proceed to the nearest polling station
and vote for Ron Paul in order to restore your liberty.
This ends our test of the election emergency notification system,
we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Don't bother the campaign headquarters with this though,
they cannot do anything like this - it can only be done by r3VOLutionaries.

0zzy
10-26-2007, 10:27 PM
hurt my ears

UtahApocalypse
10-27-2007, 09:20 AM
"Do you want to play a game?" Thats all I could think. LMAO

Anyways, on a serious note. I think there are some legal issues with using a EAS tone. Not sure what the requirements are.

Drknows
10-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Ron Paul Apply directly to the white house

withallmyheart
10-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I wasn't able to listen to the original link but I like Expatriot's suggestion.

I know the weather alerts always get my attention and I stop everything to listen.

10-28-2007, 04:45 AM

Anyways, on a serious note. I think there are some legal issues with using a EAS tone. Not sure what the requirements are.

Yeah, I need to get a different text-to-speech program.

As for the EAS tone, I know, that's why I created my own tones.

american.swan
10-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Love it -

My 2c worth:
This has been a test of the election emergency notification system.
If this had been an actual election your liberty could have been restored.
In the event of an actual election, please proceed to the nearest polling station
and vote for Ron Paul in order to restore your liberty.
This ends our test of the election emergency notification system,
we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Don't bother the campaign headquarters with this though,
they cannot do anything like this - it can only be done by r3VOLutionaries.

Hey what about running some combination of attack on the Constitution and attack on your Freedoms, AND say it is an actual emergency and state what law moving through congress is taking your freedoms away. And continue running the ads after the election whenever legislation comes up. Like make it where the public expect it and are waiting for them to act.

american.swan
10-28-2007, 05:55 AM

Your probably right about the tone use. So lets make our own tone that is remember-able and we can use this regularly to notify people in big cities about dangerous bills heading through congress or signing statements. and modify one where it advises people that Ron Paul wants to restore and improve all our freedoms.

V4Vendetta
10-28-2007, 06:01 AM
I like it, oringinal Idea... But the FCC will never let that air

James R
10-28-2007, 06:55 AM

I don't approve of the idea because it waters down the value of the times where there are real emergencies.

"Oh, here comes another Ron Paul commercial." But little did he know...

literatim
10-28-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't approve of the idea because it waters down the value of the times where there are real emergencies.

"Oh, here comes another Ron Paul commercial." But little did he know...

Agreed. Plus, I don't want to see someone have a heart attack.

10-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Your probably right about the tone use. So lets make our own tone that is remember-able and we can use this regularly to notify people in big cities about dangerous bills heading through congress or signing statements. and modify one where it advises people that Ron Paul wants to restore and improve all our freedoms.

The tone use on there IS home-made! Lol! It's completely different from the tones normally used on real EAS broadcasts:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Same.ogg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Emergency_alert_system_tone.ogg

Voice
11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Its illegal to mimic an Emergency Alert System broadcast, and with good reason. You can, however, use a slightly different tone.

unklejman
11-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Sos?