PDA

View Full Version : Any negative coverage of Ron today?

Dave Aiello
05-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I was anticipating many shows taking his heroin rant and spinning it. I know either Stewart or Colbert will crucify Ron for it on Monday (they're off on Friday). However, I Haven't seen too much covered here, and I was actually listening to a nationally syndicated radio show on the way home (Jerry Doyle), and he was relentlessly defending Ron Paul's defense of Liberty. This gives me some hope that the tides are turning our way.

trey4sports
05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah, i was expecting all kinds of negative spin but the coverage of it i've seen today (couple mentions on early morning fox news and his interview on MSNBC + cpsan + freedom watch + Dobbs) was all somewhat positive.

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Just a couple things, Fox marginalized Ron painting him as a libertarian druggy in two sentences or less, more or less, but it was just one of their accounts. A lot just played up Pawlenty or Cain as if they were the only ones there, though.

several when it came to mentioning Ron just said "and Ron Paul was..... Ron Paul..."

On the other hand some were very complimentary saying he dominated the debate or really enjoying the heroin question.

but the debates barely made the first page of google news, and I have an expanded politics section.

nolvorite
05-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Fox News did paint Ron Paul negatively several times, saying that when he won the straw poll on CPAC the audience booed because he was a libertarian and its a conservative conference.

KramerDSP
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
What's even weirder is there are no transcripts out for the debate yet. Maybe they'll come out Monday, but usually there are transcripts of the debate the day after.

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Fox News did paint Ron Paul negatively several times, saying that when he won the straw poll on CPAC the audience booed because he was a libertarian and its a conservative conference.

And the problem with them being the only 'conservative' station is that that is who GOP primary voters read.

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 10:55 PM
What's even weirder is there are no transcripts out for the debate yet. Maybe they'll come out Monday, but usually there are transcripts of the debate the day after.

The guy at Freedom's Phoenix (who interviewed Josh, thread on front page) had someone making a transcript. You might be able to get it from him. He's the guy with the blimp balloons and who made those big signs and videos of how to make banners etc. His website is linked below the videos on the front page.

Here: http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Media/089330-2011-05-06-dean-josh-manuel-from-ronpaulforums-com-ernest-discuss-the-ron.htm

KramerDSP
05-06-2011, 11:03 PM
The guy at Freedom's Phoenix (who interviewed Josh, thread on front page) had someone making a transcript. You might be able to get it from him. He's the guy with the blimp balloons and who made those big signs and videos of how to make banners etc. His website is linked below the videos on the front page.

Here: http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Media/089330-2011-05-06-dean-josh-manuel-from-ronpaulforums-com-ernest-discuss-the-ron.htm

I was referring to a transcript of the GOP debates themselves. The New York Times ALWAYS has transcripts for the entire debate. It seems like a waste of time to do the transcripts yourself when it will probably be available within the next 24 hours (unless I misunderstood you and the transcript was for the podcast).

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 11:25 PM
I was referring to a transcript of the GOP debates themselves. The New York Times ALWAYS has transcripts for the entire debate. It seems like a waste of time to do the transcripts yourself when it will probably be available within the next 24 hours (unless I misunderstood you and the transcript was for the podcast).

Well it sounded like this guy was doing transcripts of the debate, maybe because the AP boycotted, I dunno.

kah13176
05-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Everyone is too busy taking aim at Johnson. Basically, GJ is RP's flak jacket; getting libertarian ideas projected while taking a blow for RP.

VBRonPaulFan
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
i dont know if it was a new episode or not but the daily show i saw on today talked briefly about it. he said ron paul and tim pawlenty were both there and were vying for who was coming in 4th as the gop pick or something to that effect. he didn't say much else about it.

edit:
here's the link. go to the 1 minute mark. most of it is him ripping on donald trump... lol.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-may-5-2011-jon-meacham

Depressed Liberator
05-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Stewart overall respects Paul and wouldn't really crucify him. In fact, I have no idea why the OP would think so besides the conceived belief from the OP that Stewart and Colbert are the sack lickers of the Democratic party that are set out to humiliate anyone that would go against their agenda.

Dave Aiello
05-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Stewart overall respects Paul and wouldn't really crucify him. In fact, I have no idea why the OP would think so besides the conceived belief from the OP that Stewart and Colbert are the sack lickers of the Democratic party that are set out to humiliate anyone that would go against their agenda.

.. which has proven to be the case in the many years i've been a dedicated viewer. I will say, however, that Stewart personally respects Paul, and as I said, is very anti-drug-war. He took a bit of a shot at him already, saying that Paul and Pawlenty were showing down for 4th place in the GOP primary. Colbert would be more likely to take low blows.

Depressed Liberator
05-07-2011, 01:02 AM
That was not really even a shot though. Also, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, given that Stewart basically takes shots at anyone who makes an ass of him or herself.

Tinnuhana
05-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Wanda Sikes was on Jay Leno last night. Wasn't bad: said what's with Ron Paul...that's two first names; what's his last name, Hitler? Sort of reminded me of someone on this forum months ago joking about the 2012 ticket: "Ron Paul and Mike Lee: because we like guys with two first names"
A woman called in to Hannity's radio show and gave kudos to Cain (Sean's media flavor of the week) and then said she thought Ron "hit it out of the park" on the Israel question, saying she didn't believe israel should be the US's bargaining chip. Sean, of course, disagreed, saying we couldn't let Israel be overrun, yadayadayada.