PDA

View Full Version : Will we make $700,000 in 5 days?

wgadget
10-26-2007, 09:28 PM
We WILL have the benefit of the Leno show publicity. And the Oct. 30 money bomb. Will we make it?

Adamsa
10-26-2007, 09:34 PM
It'll be close, but I doubt it.

hells_unicorn
10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Probably not from online donations alone, but I think if they tallied up all of the donations to the campaign from dinners, fund raisers, and mail in donations, we'd probably inch our way over the top. 4 million was a lofty goal for the first month, but if we had not had had it as a goal, 3 million might not have been such a possibility.

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
10-26-2007, 09:50 PM
After leno and the 30th money bomb, I'd say 2.7 milion, maybe 2.8 million if lucky.

lx43
10-26-2007, 11:10 PM
We definately will not make it if noone donates.

terlinguatx
10-26-2007, 11:12 PM

NinjaPirate
10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I think private reception after the show will do pretty well. *knock on wood*

lx43
10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Anyone know what the private fundrasing brings in on average?

I hope its filled with $1,000 donors :D

NinjaPirate
10-26-2007, 11:17 PM

The one after the show is a $2,000 minimum donation. $_$

lx43
10-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Even better

10-26-2007, 11:21 PM

$2,000 minimum donation, can expect maybe 50 people attending that are able to donate 2k that are not already maxed out, so 100k probably he will raise from it.

Probably another 100k more that day from people seeing him on leno and randomly donating to him because they like his message.

So that day alone would raise our current 2.3 million up to 2.5 million. We would have to raise 500k the rest of the week ourselves to reach 3 mil by the end of the october.

jgmaynard
10-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Hollywood has a lot more money than that, PLUS it is also a fundraiser for the fire victims. So, the campaign would get less per person, but I bet the number of attendees is much higher.

JM

libertarian4321
10-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Paul is holding a ritzy $2000 a head fundraiser in LA this before Leno. LA is a pretty big place I hear so maybe he'll draw 100 people to that :) Factor in some mailed in donations, and the michigan fundraisers and we might make it.

If you are talking about the statue of liberty on the web site, isn't that only counting online donations?

If so, anything raised in the CA fundraiser won't be counted there.

jgmaynard
10-26-2007, 11:52 PM
We never did get a clear answer from the campaign about whether the $12M Liberty goal was just online or all contributions, but here's the way I see it - We raised $5.4M TOTAL over three months. I just don't believe the campaign would expect us to go to $4M a month on JUST internet donations - that is WAY too big of a jump. That's just GOTTA be total fundraising. Besides, the statue went up $400,000 in 10 minutes the other night. That was either them adding in offline donations, or (as another poster suggested) it was Stephanophilous making a down payment on his bet. :) If offline does get added in, then the Hollywood fundraiser would count, just maybe not right away.

JM

10-27-2007, 12:22 AM
The RP campaign has stated the counter counts offline donations as well, but it's not live, it gets updated on certain days. I think it was last updated with offline donations 2 days ago, thats why ronpaul graphs reported that it spiked from 1.8 million to 2.2 million in like a few seconds of time.

koob
10-27-2007, 01:03 AM
no

Tidewise
10-27-2007, 01:07 AM
We have the fundraiser and a full day after his appearance on Leno to make it. I am going with YES.

Taco John
10-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Where is info on the Oct 30th moneybomb?

NinjaPirate
10-27-2007, 02:50 AM
Where is info on the Oct 30th moneybomb?

http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 03:04 AM
If you are talking about the statue of liberty on the web site, isn't that only counting online donations?

If so, anything raised in the CA fundraiser won't be counted there.

If you click through on most of the fundraisers, you will see that most fundraisers provide a form for online donation. On top of that, several here, including the person who runs ronpaulgraphs, have reported that the campaign IS including ALL contributions in the Statue of Liberty numbers.

Corydoras
10-27-2007, 03:21 AM
I think that, as with the radio tower, we'll get 90% of the way there.

qsecofr
10-27-2007, 03:24 AM
I think the 12M will be for everything, they will occasionally update the total with whatever was collected locally. I like that in a way because we know how much is being raised "the old fashioned" way. It gives us more transparency and also lets us know they are "pulling there weight", in the spirit of healthy competition we should use those indicators to maintain our internet vs. sneakernet ratio of 3/1. They dropped 400k on us this week which means we need to pony up another 1.2M to stay in the race:)

Adamsa
10-27-2007, 06:57 AM
The one after the show is a $2,000 minimum donation. $_$

I'd laugh if Ron steals the Hollywood crowd away from Obama, which due to things like getting rid of the income tax, isn't impossible.

Sematary
10-27-2007, 08:27 AM
It'll be close, but I doubt it.

Keep in mind, for every dollar you see on building up on the site, there is another .25 that will be added later. I personally think, because online donations have been slow this week, that the offline donation number that gets added later will be higher than twenty five percent. I am fairly certain that the 3 mil mark will be met.

Sematary
10-27-2007, 08:28 AM
We'll make the 3 mil easily, I think.

rs3515
10-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Keep in mind, for every dollar you see on building up on the site, there is another .25 that will be added later.

Keep in mind, for every dollar you see on building up on the site, there is another .04 that will be removed later in transaction fees. ;)

Sematary
10-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Keep in mind, for every dollar you see on building up on the site, there is another .04 that will be removed later in transaction fees. ;)

Why do people obsess about this stuff?

rs3515
10-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Why do people obsess about this stuff?

LOL I hope you realize it's a joke ... I could also say, for every dollar added, there's 0.004 added each month from the 5.5% Money Market Account they're holding the funds in. :p

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Man, donations have almost come to a complete halt. What is going on? Besides the big bump of off-line donations, hardly nothing has been donated since the big $430K push.

What is going on?

NinjaPirate
10-27-2007, 10:18 AM
- Wallets need a break
- People need to recharge
- Some are holding out for the 5h

me3
10-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Man, donations have almost come to a complete halt. What is going on? Besides the big bump of off-line donations, hardly nothing has been donated since the big $430K push.

What is going on?
I'm frustrated with some changes with the campaign.

They go to a monthly/quarterly goal that sets the bar ridiculously high when the model of smaller goals is very successful, recent evidence being the broadcast goal.

The other is that the campaign used to petition for money, with notes from Dr. Paul up on the campaign website and emails. Instead, we see articles about how the campaign is "flush" with money. This kind of promotion doesn't encourage increased donations or fund raising.

In this regard, the grassroots has been effective in setting money bomb dates, stressing calendar goals an initiative. But I am getting a little tired of people in the grassroots beating themselves and others up to drive the fund raising, when HQ is not as active in this regard as they were in the past. The GAP between online and offline donations is tremendous. Why isn't the campaign more effectively fund raising offline? We know they will need that audience to win primaries.

That $12 million goal was a big mistake. $8 would have been reasonable, and likely exceeded. Now with the lack of drive from the campaign fund raising people, I'm beginning to wonder if $8 will be achievable. It seems like the grassroots online is doing all of the funding, and there is fatigue when the money bombs and short term targets are reached because it is essentially the same pool of people, giving again and again.

NinjaPirate
10-27-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm frustrated with some changes with the campaign.

They go to a monthly/quarterly goal that sets the bar ridiculously high when the model of smaller goals is very successful, recent evidence being the broadcast goal.

The other is that the campaign used to petition for money, with notes from Dr. Paul up on the campaign website and emails. Instead, we see articles about how the campaign is "flush" with money. This kind of promotion doesn't encourage increased donations or fund raising.

In this regard, the grassroots has been effective in setting money bomb dates, stressing calendar goals an initiative. But I am getting a little tired of people in the grassroots beating themselves and others up to drive the fund raising, when HQ is not as active in this regard as they were in the past. The GAP between online and offline donations is tremendous. Why isn't the campaign more effectively fund raising offline? We know they will need that audience to win primaries.

That $12 million goal was a big mistake. $8 would have been reasonable, and likely exceeded. Now with the lack of drive from the campaign fund raising people, I'm beginning to wonder if $8 will be achievable. It seems like the grassroots online is doing all of the funding, and there is fatigue when the money bombs and short term targets are reached because it is essentially the same pool of people, giving again and again.

I agree with the short term goals, and I hope the campaign picked up on the mistake to set the bar too high without providing milestones in between. I hope to see more short term goals set by HQ for next month.

We've plateaued, and we're starting to feel a pinch from the lack new donors coming into the fold.

It's starting to hit me how much work has be to put into this!

LibertyEagle
10-27-2007, 11:25 AM
The GAP between online and offline donations is tremendous. Why isn't the campaign more effectively fund raising offline? We know they will need that audience to win primaries.

He is doing a lot of fundraisers. These fundraisers direct attendees to donate on-line. So, the offline activities of the campaign are feeding into the on-line numbers.

It seems to me that they set a goal that is very likely the bare minimum that we would need to in any way whatsoever be able to conduct a nationwide campaign. Even with that, I cannot imagine being able to. If all we can raise is 8 million dollars, we'd might as well just throw in the towel. I mean, seriously.

Yes, it seems to be the same people who are donating, over and over again. Why is that? We have what, 65K people in the Meetups alone. How many do you guess haven't donated one thin dime? I would imagine quite a few.

If we are going to stand a chance, you're right, the base has to be expanded. That is where we could come in, if we wanted to. But that means we have to all go out and get very busy. Hit every large event we see, for sure, every single gun show and at those, get tables and have tons of 2nd amendment flyers available. Start getting serious about handing out Slim Jims, door-to-door. How many of us have done this? I mean, seriously? Face it, the campaign does not have anywhere near enough money to campaign by themselves. We are the foot soldiers. If WE do not do it, it is not going to get done. More and more people have heard his name, but the "crazy" label has been attached. They need to know more. They need to know what he stands for. I guess the big question is, are we going to step up to the plate to get campaign literature into their hands? I guess time will tell.