PDA

View Full Version : Time to Start the RON PAUL PARTY !! Take over Congressional seats

Falseflagop
10-26-2007, 09:17 PM
and Senate Seats. If RON gets elected he will need help in COngress. What better than to start a RON PAUL PARTY or A RON PAUL REPUBLCAN PARTY!

This is an awesome idea, what do you folks think?

traviskicks
10-26-2007, 09:27 PM
A 'ron paul' party may not be the best focus of energy, but certainly continuing the take over of the republican party is a worthy goal, and more importantly, continuing the spread of the freedom message. We have created, collectively, a new national energy out there and politicians will, as politicians do, attempt to harness it however they are able. And we should encourage them, for many may be from our own ranks. The Ron Paul revolution is generating a new set of politically active citizens that will multiply and flourish down the road, spinning off many threads of liberty that will change our country for the better.

As Ron Paul himself says, this isn't about him, he is just a man. Who cares about 'ron paul' the man? It is about his message, a movement much bigger than him. In truth, this election matters little, whether paul wins or looses, it is the greater lifelong freedom battle where we will make our gains, albeit with admittedly satisfying symbolic yard marks sprouting here and there. For instance, a Ron Paul presidency would be a nice start. :)

Channing
10-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Good idea.

We definitely need people who share the same ideas as Ron Paul in Congress. I don't they think need to be republican or in a special party, though.

If Ron Paul's campaign continues to grow then anybody sharing his ideas is sure to get a lot of grassroots support, too.

Nathan Hale
10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Starting a new party is a nightmare and a bad idea. If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination, the best plan is to run for Congress as a Republican. It is usually assumed that when a major party candidate wins the presidential nomination, the races for Senate and Congress feature candidates that back the presidential candidates platform. If Ron Paul wins you'd have the GOP primaries fill up with Goldwater-esque alternatives to the planned neocons currently running. It is this tide that we would need to encourage.

terlinguatx
10-26-2007, 11:01 PM

libertarian4321
10-27-2007, 12:03 AM
and Senate Seats. If RON gets elected he will need help in COngress. What better than to start a RON PAUL PARTY or A RON PAUL REPUBLCAN PARTY!

If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination, FANTASTIC!

If not, and the neocons continue to control the Republican Party (and drive it into extinction), there is always the Libertarian Party www.lp.org .

jonahtrainer
10-27-2007, 12:50 AM
Good idea.

We definitely need people who share the same ideas as Ron Paul in Congress. I don't they think need to be republican or in a special party, though.

If Ron Paul's campaign continues to grow then anybody sharing his ideas is sure to get a lot of grassroots support, too.

I live in a city of 1.1M that is heavily Republican (Bush won 58% of the vote in 2000). Our REC has 250 people. Our last monthly Meetup had 120+.

We had the Treasurer for our REC come to our monthly Meetup. He remarked "If you have this kind of support around a local candidate you'll win any election." I responded "Glad you get the picture."

Our Meetup Groups are a strong campaign resource for anyone willing to stick their neck out. I am seriously considering a run for Congress. Our Meetup is going to need something to do after the early primary. The last thing we need are the varsity activists sitting on the bench!

Nathan Hale
10-27-2007, 08:01 PM
If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination, FANTASTIC!

If not, and the neocons continue to control the Republican Party (and drive it into extinction), there is always the Libertarian Party www.lp.org .

Alas, the Libertarian Party will always be a bunch of benchwarmers if they don't listen to the Libertarian Reform Caucus www.reformthelp.org

schmeisser
10-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Shifting the Republican party to match Ron Pauls principles is the best strategy. Moving the party would get more liberty loving people involved in politics. A Ron Paul nomination could be a tipping point for an influx of libertarian candidates running as RP Republicans.

jointhefightforfreedom
10-27-2007, 08:12 PM
We should start a new party called "The Constitutionalist Party"

RevolutionSD
10-27-2007, 08:20 PM
I live in a city of 1.1M that is heavily Republican (Bush won 58% of the vote in 2000). Our REC has 250 people. Our last monthly Meetup had 120+.

We had the Treasurer for our REC come to our monthly Meetup. He remarked "If you have this kind of support around a local candidate you'll win any election." I responded "Glad you get the picture."

Our Meetup Groups are a strong campaign resource for anyone willing to stick their neck out. I am seriously considering a run for Congress. Our Meetup is going to need something to do after the early primary. The last thing we need are the varsity activists sitting on the bench!

That's fantastic!
Would you be running in Jacksonville?

I think people running as Ron Paul Republicans is one of the best things that has come out of this campaign so far.

realitywiz
10-27-2007, 08:22 PM

They already have that party. Some of their members are supporting Ron Paul too. :)

___

SwordOfShannarah
10-27-2007, 08:25 PM
http://www.RonPaulsAcrossAmerica.com

After Nov 5th I want to develop this site, maybe even go full time with it. I don't like the blog format right now. I need to take it to a regular website set up with a map of the nation- click a state and see the candidates running on a Ron Paul platform.

We have to take back Congress and Senate. Promoting Ron Paul is paving the way for that as well- which is awesome!!

realitywiz
10-27-2007, 08:25 PM
A long-term plan for freedom-loving people to take over the power centers of society (not just limited to Congress) is already underway. It has been very difficult to do so until our hero Ron Paul came along.

I encourage folks to check out Freedom Force International at www.freedom-force.org. This is an organization designed for this very purpose. Also, there is a lot of historical information on there that would help us better understand the current world situation. I also highly recommend signing up for the newsletter (Reality Zone).

___

jonahtrainer
10-27-2007, 08:44 PM
That's fantastic!
Would you be running in Jacksonville?

I think people running as Ron Paul Republicans is one of the best things that has come out of this campaign so far.

I've been eyeing the 7th District (St. John's county, Daytona, Palm Coast & Altamonte Springs). I am not sure how much voter turnout I could get for the primary. I need about 20,000 votes. Based on the demographics if I won the primary I'd win the general pretty easy.

literatim
10-27-2007, 08:45 PM

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

jonahtrainer
10-27-2007, 08:47 PM
A long-term plan for freedom-loving people to take over the power centers of society (not just limited to Congress) is already underway. It has been very difficult to do so until our hero Ron Paul came along.

I encourage folks to check out Freedom Force International at www.freedom-force.org. This is an organization designed for this very purpose. Also, there is a lot of historical information on there that would help us better understand the current world situation. I also highly recommend signing up for the newsletter (Reality Zone).

___

You are correct. There are a lot of homeschoolers coming up the ranks that are going to make a mess for Establishment like this 19 year old (http://www.micahstanley.com/) that is already a licensed CA attorney with a JD (check out his school (http://www.obcl.edu/) and their video (http://www.obcl.edu/downloads/video.php)).

Burns401
10-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Starting a new party is a nightmare and a bad idea... If Ron Paul wins you'd have the GOP primaries fill up with Goldwater-esque alternatives to the planned neocons currently running. It is this tide that we would need to encourage.

I would agree whole-heartedly. Myself and others have started a political committee to support liberty-minded individuals in their run for Congress. For more information, click the link in my signature.

WillInMiami
10-27-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm considering a run against Senator Mel Martinez. I don't have a shot at winning but I want a platform to blast him for his liberal views on Immigration as well as some other important issues.

If anyone in Florida can assist, let me know.

Nathan Hale
10-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Let's face it, there are simply too many hurdles associated with starting a new party. You'd need to organize, get on the ballot, raise awareness of the party, gain credibility of people who run under the party banner, and all the while you'd have to jump through a thousand regulatory hoops and spend millions of dollars on upkeep. Forget it. Work within an existing party, as parties are designed to change with time.

Now is the time for the Republican Party to change. The neocons had their chance and blew it. Time for the Goldwater/Paul banner to reign supreme. If you're running as a "Ron Paul Republican", run simply as a Republican and call yourself a Ron Paul Republican if a well-versed person needs a quick summary of where you stand on the issues. We need to take over the Republican Party, though they may need another election cycle to fully destroy themselves before this opportunity presents itself.

StumbleBum7
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM

that makes him to much of a cult leader and honestly, to me is spooky you thought of it :(

it be better to just elect people with real values and go out there and promote them, a Ron Paul party will only give the media something to play with.

FreedomLover
10-28-2007, 07:26 PM
The Republican Party already supports 90% of ron paul's views. Just stick with them.

max
10-28-2007, 09:15 PM
we need to build up the Libertarian Party...

after this thing has played out...THAT's where our money should go

Primbs
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
It might be easier just to win in your local republican party and then demand accountability for small government and libertarian principles.

There is the liberty caucus in the House of Representatives which is getting bigger.

constituent
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM

___

^that's an excellent site btw. if you've never been there it is well worth your time to give it a look.

literatim
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM

I would never vote for the Libertarian Party because of various stances they hold.

steph3n
10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm considering a run against Senator Mel Martinez. I don't have a shot at winning but I want a platform to blast him for his liberal views on Immigration as well as some other important issues.

If anyone in Florida can assist, let me know.

setup a committee and I will be one of the first to donate :D

Overall, I'd like to suggest GREAT CAUTION and make sure people are who they say they are and not just coat-tailing :)

curtisag
10-28-2007, 10:17 PM
We must reclaim the Republican party from the Neo-cons. They took it from us, so we simply take it back. When the Neo-cons took over the Republican party, no one even noticed when it happened. But everyone will notice the revolution taking place. Never forget this is a two-party system of government we are in. We need a new breed of Republicans to infuse life back into the party with principled positions like Ron Paul.

RobotJaxxon
10-28-2007, 11:27 PM

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Constitution Party = libertarians that don't believe in the separation of church and state.

Nash
10-29-2007, 12:25 AM
I don't advocate starting a new party or going to a lesser party but I certainly think we should elect "Ron Paul Republicans" to office in the Republican party.

I think for the primaries we should work on compiling a list of "Ron Paul Republicans" (or even Dems in the general) running for local, state and congressional offices indexed by state so we all know who the champions of liberty are.

Certainly not everyone is going to have the same exact views as Paul, but I think making an effort for ALL OF US to vote lower candidates into office that share many of Paul's views (anti-war, anti-tax, anti-authoritarian, anti-spending) is the next best thing we can do besides casting our vote for Ron Paul

Nathan Hale
10-29-2007, 07:48 PM

Not unless the LP embraces the realist agenda of the Libertarian Reform Caucus (www.reformthelp.org). Right now the LP is a bunch of idealists who have no idea how to play the political game.