PDA

View Full Version : Paul has experience taking on the establishment and WINNING! Must read this!

terlinguatx
10-26-2007, 08:14 PM

theseus51
10-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Nice find, thanks. I posted an old article from 1999 a while back about Ron Paul:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24450

Adamsa
10-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Paul went against a candidate backed by both Bush boys and still won, an omen of things to come for W. Bush again? :P

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Back then, he had Nolan Ryan standing up for him. Nolan Ryan was EXTREMELY popular around here and his endorsements did a lot for Paul.

centure7
10-26-2007, 08:52 PM
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

wgadget
10-26-2007, 09:22 PM
So does Nolan Ryan still support him?

EvilTwinkie
10-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I predict a New Hampshire Paul landslide. No Joke. Im going to be grinning from ear to ear when it happens.

work2win
10-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Notable quote by Laughlin's campaign manager: "Paul's idea of a federal government is six nuclear-armed submarines. Period."

LOL! That's good stuff right there.

dmitchell
10-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Notable quote by Laughlin's campaign manager: "Paul's idea of a federal government is six nuclear-armed submarines. Period."
Paul actually made this claim about a month ago. I don't remember the exact line, but it was basically "You could defend this country with a few good submarines." I wonder: would Ron Paul really be willing to use nuclear weapons? You would have to be willing to follow through if someone called your bluff, right?

libertarian4321
10-27-2007, 04:39 AM
"Whatever their motivation, Republican leaders in Austin closed ranks behind Laughlin's primary bid [against Paul], from newly-elected Gov. George W. Bush on down. Speaker Gingrich and Senators Gramm and Hutchison all came to the 14th to stump for their new-found friend; the National Republican Congressional Committee bolstered Laughlin's cause with phone banks and mailings. They also raised big bucks from other GOP members of Congress and from PACs, making an all-out effort to save their switcher."

I'll tell you why they supported Laughlin and every other Republican who tried to beat Ron Paul in the primaries.

Its because they wanted a lackey who would do as he was told without thinking- someone like Laughlin would just follow orders, whereas Ron Paul thinks for himself.

There is no room in the Republican Party for those who think for themselves.

Its so much easier to have a Republican "yes man" like Laughlin than some guy who may vote against the RNC on principal.

noxagol
10-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Paul actually made this claim about a month ago. I don't remember the exact line, but it was basically "You could defend this country with a few good submarines." I wonder: would Ron Paul really be willing to use nuclear weapons? You would have to be willing to follow through if someone called your bluff, right?

It's called deterence. Or, more sickenly, mutually assured destruction. And it is basically a reactionary thing. You don't use the nuke until you get nuked.

kylejack
10-27-2007, 02:02 PM
The Republican National Committee funds an opponent against Ron Paul in the primary every election cycle. Its no wonder Ron Paul refuses to support the candidate if it isn't him.

jkaufmann
10-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Assuming big states are worth more then small ones, If Paul wins Cali and Texas, and some other states, what are the fewest he can win and be crowned?

Anyone know?

kylejack
10-27-2007, 02:18 PM
California and other states are not winner take all.

Beerhall Agitator
10-27-2007, 03:15 PM
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F03E5DE1039F93BA35757C0A9609582 60

Bradley in DC
10-27-2007, 04:34 PM

Paul did make that statement, back in the 1988 race, I think, but it was not in reference to the whole federal government but what was necessary for defence or something like that. The reporter had questioned Dr. Paul about getting out of NATO, pulling troops from S. Korea, etc., then after several of these Qs, finally just asked, "what would you keep?" (again or something like that)