PDA

View Full Version : Byron York: Pay no attention to Paul and Johnson.

Lucille
05-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Inside the GOP debate: Pawlenty underwhelms, Cain struggles, Santorum scores (http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/05/inside-gop-debate-pawlenty-underwhelms-cain-struggles-santorum-scores)

(Via Hotair: Not a good night for Pawlenty and Cain)

Doherty takes note: No Liberty, Please, We're Republicans, or The Amazing Three-Man GOP Debate (http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/06/no-liberty-please-were-republi#comments)

Expect to have to see a lot more of this transparently pathetic pretending that Paul and Johnson don't exist on the part of those whose precious peace of mind depends on not acknowledging that American politics needs some very serious changes in the direction of liberty, responsibility, and peace, and on pretending not to notice that lots of Americans know that now.

I am so not in the mood for this shit again this election.

jct74
05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Wow, what a freaking joke. You would think 2 libertarians in a Republican debate for the first time in history would be something to make note of in his long-ass writeup, even if he doesn't think they have a chance to win. It at least has implications for the future of the Republican Party. Disgusting display of journalism.

Hurricane
05-08-2011, 06:38 AM
How can anyone score anything for Santorum? He looked like he was battling painful hemorrhoids all debate long and rarely got any sort of positive audience reaction... how do you ignore the fact that Ron Paul was the ONLY person on stage to get a round of applause for every answer??

I'm afraid they'll be excluding Gary Johnson as quickly as they can going forward

Hurricane
05-08-2011, 06:41 AM
What really disgusts me is that the "insiders" are talking about how Pawlenty has the best chance to "move up" to the "top tier"... we don't need these so called "insiders" making any of these decisions... isn't that what voting is for? Isn't that up to the people watching the debates and going to the polls? It's not even hidden anymore and it's sick

RM918
05-08-2011, 06:51 AM
How can anyone score anything for Santorum? He looked like he was battling painful hemorrhoids all debate long and rarely got any sort of positive audience reaction... how do you ignore the fact that Ron Paul was the ONLY person on stage to get a round of applause for every answer??

I'm afraid they'll be excluding Gary Johnson as quickly as they can going forward

Because anyone who claps for Paul is part of a cult, and anyone who claps for Cain are clearly normal, hard-working Americans that are certainly not a cult.