PDA

View Full Version : Plan for the Streets from AFTF!

LibertyOrDie
06-11-2007, 02:07 PM
This is the message being sent out by AFTF (America: Freedom to Fascism) to all of it's members!

Will your meetup group be the first to start organizing for:

The Great Ron Paul Overnight!

What to do:

Get started making and staging your "Ron Paul for President 2008"
signs in the early evening of July 3rd 2007. Then in the wee hours
of July 4th hit the streets in your city or town plastering the signs
everywhere you can!

Overpasses, street corners, along highways, in store fronts, in front
of media outlets newspapers, television networks, anywhere and everywhere!

When America wakes up on the 4th of July, they will see the Ron Paul
revolution move from the internet into the streets!

hambone1982
06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Interesting idea. I'd be down.

Bison
06-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a plan.

BLS
06-11-2007, 02:14 PM
If we could do this NATIONWIDE...then it would impossible to NOT be newsworthy.

I think it would make a giant splash...but we are going to need more people.

LibertyOrDie
06-11-2007, 02:51 PM
If we could do this NATIONWIDE...then it would impossible to NOT be newsworthy.

I think it would make a giant splash...but we are going to need more people.

Well, like I said, this is being push by AFTF - They have quite a large following.

Still, think of this. Even if you just worry about your local area, and get enough going to cause you local area to report - then you have got the message to a lot of people. Each one of us should be able to get enough going just locally in our own areas to get some attention, now if we all did that, there's your Nationwide.

My own personal plan for my group so far is pretty basic:

1) Creating signs and picking out our locations now.
2) Splitting up the local area into zones for teams of my local group to be designated to, to work the pre-selected locations in their zone.
3) Collect all contact information for local newspapers and tv news - making sure to acquire their 24 news reporting hotline. This way we can report as citizens about all the Ron Paul Support we have noticed, and make sure to give a positive lift, like it's always good to see people getting involved - voicing their opinions to keep America great.

brumans
06-11-2007, 03:19 PM
If we could get enough people to do this it would be HUGE.

DavyDuke17
06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Sounds like an awesome plan to me.

winston_blade
06-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, like I said, this is being push by AFTF - They have quite a large following.

How big are we talking? Thousands or millions?

retrorepublican
06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I got that email. Could this forum lead an effort to make posters that everyone could use? I'm not that good at designing, but I could help.

LibertyOrDie
06-11-2007, 05:00 PM
How big are we talking? Thousands or millions?

America: Freedom to Fascism - www.freedomtofascism.com, if you haven't seen the movie yet, go watch it.

They have a large following, not sure the specific, but you also have to take into account that also Alex Jones has partnered up with AFTF and will be broadcasting this out. Plus AFTF recently started www.restoretherepublic.com and they just put their forum up two days ago and already have around 250 members. So it'll be interesting to see what their numbers grow to after their first month!

I would consider that a pretty large following that this message will get to - Now add us into the mix, we should be able to make this a pretty good turn around.

Still though, like I said before - even if you can just get some local coverage - that alone will help with your county's support, and the more separate counties helps for state, which in turn help nationwide. All of these little ideas can help in a domino effect.

LibertyOrDie
06-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I got that email. Could this forum lead an effort to make posters that everyone could use? I'm not that good at designing, but I could help.

I think the "Ron Paul Revolution" signs are great, and here:

http://www.rescue-us.org/ronpaulrevolutionhome.htm

you can find all the graphics need, including YouTube videos they have created showing you easy steps to create your own! Plus there is always the graphic of the yard sign - that too is pretty good.

wbbgjr
06-11-2007, 07:43 PM
hmm.. Do you guys know if this is legal? Do we need some kind of permit? I'm not concerned so much about me getting fined, but maybe Ron Paul's campaign getting fined?

I would imagine there's some kind of permit needed for each City or else it would be considered littering. They would have to control it or else how do they make sure someone is responsibility for cleaning it up after the campaign?

I'm all for this if it's legal. Anyone have any info on this?

tnvoter
06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
I'll participate in this.

wbbgjr
06-11-2007, 10:37 PM
anyone have an answer to my above post regarding the legality of this?

Craig_R
06-12-2007, 12:35 AM
anyone have an answer to my above post regarding the legality of this?

dont know, and dont care, should be legal if its not. free speech and all, since the mccain finegold bill probably not, but thats never stopped me before.

as to your concern about the campaign getting fined or whatever, that couldnt possibly happen , that would be like giving a fine to mcdonalds because someone threw their drink cup on the ground.

I imagine different towns have different laws with regards to signs check your local laws if youre concerned.

wbbgjr
06-12-2007, 12:43 AM
We should want this to be a positive image on Ron Paul. If it's portrayed as illegally placed signs by the media then that's going to backfire. If the cleanup or maintenance of these signs is not organized then it's just going to turn into litter and it's going to backfire.

denvervoipguru
06-12-2007, 01:15 AM
There are 270 MeetUp groups nation wide now with nearly 11,000 members.

If we could get the RP MeetUp organizers to buy-in to this with a serious effort, it could make a big splash.

We had our monthly meeting this evening and we've decided to do the overnight.
We're planning to have 200 banners up around Denver on the morning of Independance Day!

kylejack
06-12-2007, 01:47 AM
We should want this to be a positive image on Ron Paul. If it's portrayed as illegally placed signs by the media then that's going to backfire. If the cleanup or maintenance of these signs is not organized then it's just going to turn into litter and it's going to backfire.

You're right, you should probably just stay in one of the government-approved free speech zones.

I will be carrying around the Bill of Rights when I break the law that morning. That's my permit.

theodorelogan
06-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Edit

theodorelogan
06-12-2007, 08:52 AM
The main questions are these

1) Is this going to get the message out about Ron Paul

Answer is obviously yes.

2) Are we violating public property?

Answer should obviously be no.

3) Is this going to put a negative light on Ron Paul.

I doubt more than one in a hundred thousand people are going to see an overpass sign and say to themselves "Hey, that's illegal" or "Hey, Ron Paul supporters are litterers."

Even if your local news station DOES point out that it is illegal, is the average person really going to care about that? They will see that there are very impassioned supporters of Ron Paul trying to get his message out. As long as we take down the signs later I don't see any public image problem. If banners are left up and are half-falling down a week later....OK yes that could be a PR problem.

giskard
06-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Is it gonna happen? It would be good to begin planning for it.