PDA

View Full Version : $4 Million For Freedom on the Fourth!!!!

Anti Federalist
05-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Next money bomb, hat tip to RPF member IDefendthePlatform for the initial idea.

Independence Day 2011

"$4 Million For Freedom on the Fourth!!!!"

Nate-ForLiberty
05-06-2011, 01:52 PM
bam! there it is! :D

teacherone
05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
lol...thanks mods!

BamaAla
05-06-2011, 03:17 PM
There is enough time for us to save up for this one. I pledge to max out on the Fourth; is anyone with me?

belian78
05-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Id definitely be able to save up some scratch by then. And that would give us enough time to spread the word in our communities as well.

DOOOOO EEEEET!!!!!!

Nate-ForLiberty
05-06-2011, 03:31 PM
What if we convince the campaign to keep the ticker up on the website. Our theme can be....

"$4 Million By the Fourth!"

So instead of holding out money, we have two months to raise $3 Million bones and then have a moneybomb in August.

( why do we have to have two identical threads? )

Matthew Zak
05-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Niiiiice. Perfect. Let's do it.

AGRP
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
There's going to have to be a lot of campaigning/advertisements for that amount of money.

spudea
05-06-2011, 04:21 PM
A moneybomb on the 4th is good.

But imho we need to rethink the moneybomb strategy. The goal in '08 was to get him noticed in the media, so breaking the single day fundraising record was our aim.

That shouldn't be our aim this time, mainly because RP is much more mainstream this time around and gets more media attention by default.

The RP campaign needs consistent inflows of cash that they can depend on. Sporatic large cash hauls are extremely difficult to build a successful organization on.

We need everyone donating small amounts EVERY week.

doodle
05-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Nice :)

KramerDSP
05-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Should we combine this with the BRING THE TROOPS HOME moneybomb idea? July 4th seems fitting. But then again, I wonder if the BRING THE TROOPS HOME moneybomb would be better for the general election (if we get there).

Personally, I think using the Bring The Troops Home on July 4 th is what easily gets us $4 million dolllars. We can convince the anti-war left and independents to chip in too to send a message to Obama that they're pissed off he is just as much a warmongerer as Bush 43.

runningdiz
05-06-2011, 04:34 PM
What if we convince the campaign to keep the ticker up on the website. Our theme can be....

So instead of holding out money, we have two months to raise $3 Million bones and then have a moneybomb in August.

This Idea! One of the lessons learned from 2008, we held back too much money. The campaign got money too late we need to adopt different strategy this time around. 4 million by the 4th starting now

South Park Fan
05-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I fear that these moneybombs are just a Maginot Line strategy for Ron Paul. Weekly fundraising goals and social networking bombs seem like they'd be a better strategy for the circumstances we're faced with.

Dustancostine
05-07-2011, 01:04 AM
If anyone wants to use www.thisjuly4th.com and www.thisjulyfourth.com I own them. We used them for Kokesh two years ago.

free1
05-07-2011, 08:09 AM
A moneybomb on the 4th is good.

But imho we need to rethink the moneybomb strategy. The goal in '08 was to get him noticed in the media, so breaking the single day fundraising record was our aim.

That shouldn't be our aim this time, mainly because RP is much more mainstream this time around and gets more media attention by default.

The RP campaign needs consistent inflows of cash that they can depend on. Sporatic large cash hauls are extremely difficult to build a successful organization on.

We need everyone donating small amounts EVERY week.I agree, make it 4 mil by the 4th, a goal to reach is easy to understand

pcosmar
05-07-2011, 08:51 AM
"$4 Million For Freedom on the Fourth!!!!"

PM sent

?????
(don't want to derail)

malkusm
05-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Edit - I was mistaken...but I still like the idea of a "goal" by the date instead of a moneybomb.

MRoCkEd
05-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Consider that there is one maximum donation limit for Ron Paul's Exploratory Committee, and another for his official campaign.

Are you sure about that? I thought the exploratory money transfers over, as does the donation limit?

thedude
05-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Um... I don't know about you but I usually go camping, am setting up a picnic, going to the capital for fireworks...

This has FAIL written all over it... people actually do things on July 4th than sit on their computers...

One strategy that always works on moneybombs is that we can talk people into donating more (i.e. group donations and matching campaigns), we encourage each other to put in 'just a bit more'. We also talk to our family and friends who have nothing to do and can look him up.

If I bring this up at a picnic or at the campground, you can't expect any interest until after people are home and the day's excitement winds down (usually after the kids are asleep and they pass out on the couch, only to wake at 2am and go to bed).

Agorism
05-07-2011, 11:37 AM
4 million is a bit of an ambitious goal.

Anti Federalist
05-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Are you sure about that? I thought the exploratory money transfers over, as does the donation limit?

It does, at least that's my reading of it.

Support Given to "Test the Waters"
You may wish to support a prospective candidate who is "testing the waters"--exploring the feasibility of becoming a candidate. Your total donations are limited to $2,500, just as if they were given to an actual candidate. If the individual who is testing the waters later becomes a candidate, the candidate's committee will report your donations as contributions.

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/citizens.shtml

Theocrat
05-07-2011, 11:48 AM

I like that idea. :)

Anti Federalist
05-07-2011, 01:31 PM

I shamelessly cross posted...guilty.

Nate-ForLiberty
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I shamelessly cross posted...guilty.

Negged!!! :p

*+rep for the excitement that fueled your double posting! :D

gerryb
05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I like the 4 million by the fourth idea... keeps 99% of the fundraising in 2nd quarter stats.. we will be able to track progress too and build buzz

Nate-ForLiberty
05-07-2011, 10:49 PM
If we were to go ahead with the "$4 Million for Freedom By The Fourth" idea, it would probably be a good idea to set up a website that has helpful hints, tips, instructions, etc., for spreading the word around the internet and the real world. Maybe a list of comments that could be copy/pasted into youtube comment sections, tweets, and other social media sites. Pre-written emails to send to your contacts. Scripts for going door-to-door. Easy stuff like that. Once the fourth has passed, we can continue to use all of this for future moneybombs and door knocking.

We could use this money push not only as a fundraising effort, but also as an opportunity to expand our support. I think something that would be really important is to get people registered with the official campaign. So that when the campaign sends out emails it reaches more people. Those emails we get on the day of the moneybomb really do help get donations up.

I'm a little tired and my thoughts aren't coming out smoothly. What do you all think?

Nate-ForLiberty
06-06-2011, 12:19 PM
//