PDA

View Full Version : Can we Change the network Debates?

RPIdeaMan08
05-06-2011, 10:46 AM
This year it's not only going to be about donations but changing the political game. I think Changing the debate forum could have a large impact on Americans. That sound ridiculous I know but I also know everyone here hates the fast paced one minute questions which don't allow smart people like Ron Paul to prove their points. A philosophical and economical question could take hours to answer, It's crazy to think anyone with a brain would be able to make a sound bite to explain such complicated issues. This is where I believe we can make a difference. I'm proposing a sort of publicity bomb for having a debate in which candidates have either 5 minutes for some complicated questions or 10 minutes to give a speech each and then also the one minute questions that Americans are used to. This Could happen as some networks are trying new debate methods. Does anyone else agree we need a new method? Who thinks we could make it happen?

EDIT, Oh, can someone move this to the primary debates section.

ROMaster2
05-06-2011, 10:51 AM
As much as I would like it, it would cost too much to fund and run. I don't think any of the candidates would to up for funding it themselves, and the public would rather fund their favored candidate.

RPIdeaMan08
05-06-2011, 10:55 AM
What I meant was a sort of slow trickling email bomb to CNN about changing the amount of time given to candidates for each question, or something like that. I've already sent some to a few networks but I was hoping more would.

RPIdeaMan08
05-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh, can someone move this to the primary debates section.

ReconMarine1991
05-06-2011, 11:47 AM
I like the idea as well, but don't think the average American would have the attention span to listen to a complicated 10 minute answer. I would rather see a debate where each candidate gets to answer each question in a fair and balanced approach. Would be nice to see each candidate have equal face time during a debate.

Dr.3D
05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
What we saw last night was not a debate anyway. Each candidate got to answer questions addressed solely toward them. There was no debate involved with the entire show.

Each candidate should have to answer the same questions as the others of they want to call it a debate.

What they had there was essentially a one on one interview with single questions for each candidate.

LeJimster
05-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I bet Google/youtube could afford to host such a thing online. Would be great for them as they don't need to worry about timing of adverts etc.