PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from debate - 2 tips for Dr. Paul

WVLiberty
05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I watched the debate last night. I love Dr. Paul and 100% of his message. He does need to work on two things to get him over the top.

1) Hire a top-tier debate coach. Dr. Paul seems to struggle to hit his points at times. He needs to understand that the media is looking for soundbites. He also needs to inject himself. He is a nice guy. Nice guys finish last in this dog-eat-dog world. The CNN's and FOX's tend to take advantage of his kindness.

2) Simplify your message down to an eighth-grade level. I hate to say this but the general electorate is stupid and easily swayed. For example:

"The FED is the nation's credit card allowing the deficits. It's time to cancel the credit card." (Stay away from currency discussion and inflation. Most folks don't understand it.)

"Other nations have legalized drugs and have seen less crime, less criminals in jails that we all pay for, and besides ... there is no victim in these crimes. Let's focus our police on real crimes."

"The best way to protect your Christian values to the protect the rights of every individual including those you may not agree with. This is a fundamental issue of freedom and liberty for ALL people, not just one group."

The fundamentals of the message are 100% right on. The marketing to the masses needs some work.

fuzzybekool
05-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I agree that a professional debate / speaking coach would help Dr. Paul articulate his positions more effectly. The sheeple need to remember key words and phrases when they watch a debate with Ron Paul. Not everyone in the country has the sophistication to understand the complexity of some of the issues, but breaking the ideas down in easy to understand and remember verbage I think will help build more support.

happyphilter
05-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I have some serious doubts about the ability of Ron Paul's campaign team...

teacherone
05-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I have some serious doubts about the ability of Ron Paul's campaign team...

what were you expecting?

we've seen this all before.

ItsTime
05-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Why do you think he did this first debate. He is getting in the kiddie pool to practice.